meeting an online friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaikulife

Reaction score
So,

I have no friends currently. I met a woman online, through a dating website, although, I in no way want to date anybody. There are still cinders burning at my heart from my last breakup. The thought of another relationship makes me sick, and makes me want to hide from the world, and not leave the basement. But, at the same time, I've become unbelievably lonely. I am not really sure why I went to a dating site... I knew I didn't want to date anybody.

So, this girl, that I met on the dating site, and I, have been emailing nearly everyday (we did some messenger stuff for about 20 minutes or so once as well) for about a week. Just short ones, mostly about coffee houses lol. I have already explained to her that I do not at all want a relationship, and I am pretty sure she knows this and is fine with it. However, I am super nervous about meeting her... she wants to meet with me and just play some card games or something at a coffee shop. I am scared to meet her. I know its just for friends, so why is my heart feeling sickened by the idea? why am I so nervous to meet her? She sounds like a really nice person, so its not at all her personality or anything like that, it is all in my head, and my body... I want to have a new friend, but I am just so scared and nervous. I am afraid that I will be heartbroken. I may sound like a pussy, but I'm almost tearing up right now thinking about having my heartbroken again...but its just as friends !!! so why do I feel this way?
:(

If you were a pussy, you wouldn't have summoned the courage to post your personal issues here. It's perfectly normal for you feel the way you do. You've been hurt, and now have your guard up.

It's ok to feel nervous. I would be as well in your situation. Just be yourself. She might be just as nervous as you are. Just try and be cool and open minded and see where it goes. If it's meant to be, then it will be. I'm sure that you will be fine.

Are you scared because it has potential to be more than friends? I mean, you might not want a relationship but you could develop feelings or she could. If things start getting weird though, you could always back off as you have fully stated you just want friends and nothing more at this point.

Okiedokes said:
Are you scared because it has potential to be more than friends? I mean, you might not want a relationship but you could develop feelings or she could. If things start getting weird though, you could always back off as you have fully stated you just want friends and nothing more at this point.

hmmm... how insightful of you. You may be on to something there... to take that a step further.. I may be feeling so desperate and lonely, currently, that I could fall for anybody... not saying this is true...just a thought.

lonekiller: "If you were a pussy, you wouldn't have summoned the courage to post your personal issues here. It's perfectly normal for you feel the way you do. You've been hurt, and now have your guard up.
"
idk how to do double quotes lol... (edited: nm, i see now lol)

thx .... that helps alot what you said. I really appreciate your encouragement.

ahaikulife said:
Okiedokes said:

hmmm... how insightful of you. You may be on to something there... to take that a step further.. I may be feeling so desperate and lonely, currently, that I could fall for anybody... not saying this is true...just a thought.

lonekiller: "If you were a pussy, you wouldn't have summoned the courage to post your personal issues here. It's perfectly normal for you feel the way you do. You've been hurt, and now have your guard up.
"
idk how to do double quotes lol... (edited: nm, i see now lol)

thx .... that helps alot what you said. I really appreciate your encouragement.
Anytime.

Latest posts

Back