meeting gf/bf online... is it worth counting on? need advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFrozenSoul said:
VanillaCreme said:
Well, if that is the only reason why you want to meet with her, she'll probably sense it, or know. Being yourself goes a long way. Jedi is right, don't over think things. Over thinking tends to go into over doing things, and becoming a hassle to be around. This applies to many things in life, not just dating. Your mind is always going, so you are. And most of the effort just isn't needed for something so simple.

Just be yourself. She'll appreciate it more than if you were somehow putting on a facade just to "lure" her in, or seduce her, as you put it.
How do I tell if she knows?

Well, she could tell you. Personally, I'd say it myself. But everyone is different. She might also be interested in you, and you may never know. Some people just don't let on or ever tell. Talk to her about it. And in a way where it doesn't seem like she's just some object you want to play with. Which is honestly, as a woman, the vibe I get from you just talking about her. She's a person, and she's to be treated as such. Treat her as just some object, and she'll act like that, with no emotions and no interest in you.

AFrozenSoul said:
On another forum everyone tells me I need to grow a pair and get physical.

Haha well...it depends on what the other forum is. If it's like....a men's forum like Maxim or Men's Health or something....then of COURSE they're going to tell you to be physical immediately. But that's just not realistic. *shrug*

Follow your own road. You probably already know what to do anyway. :) I wish you good luck with everything!

VanillaCreme said:
Well, she could tell you. Personally, I'd say it myself. But everyone is different. She might also be interested in you, and you may never know. Some people just don't let on or ever tell. Talk to her about it. And in a way where it doesn't seem like she's just some object you want to play with. Which is honestly, as a woman, the vibe I get from you just talking about her. She's a person, and she's to be treated as such. Treat her as just some object, and she'll act like that, with no emotions and no interest in you.
So you get the vibe I am treating her like an object? If that is the case then she probably thinks the same thing. And it is all over for me... ****

Badjedidude said:
Haha well...it depends on what the other forum is. If it's like....a men's forum like Maxim or Men's Health or something....then of COURSE they're going to tell you to be physical immediately. But that's just not realistic. *shrug*

Follow your own road. You probably already know what to do anyway. :) I wish you good luck with everything!
I just like getting all the views I can. It is hard to know what is right and what is wrong since I did not do any dating during high school or college. I don't want to close doors before I have a chance to step through them.

AFrozenSoul said:
VanillaCreme said:
So you get the vibe I am treating her like an object? If that is the case then she probably thinks the same thing. And it is all over for me... ****

It's not over, necessarily. She might be thinking something completely different from me. That's just what I picked up from how you talk about her. Like I said, everyone is different. You might be doing just fine in her eyes. Still, I say talk to her about what you want in life, and how you feel. It's always good to talk about that anyway. Perhaps you two can become closer in some ways.

VanillaCreme said:
It's not over, necessarily. She might be thinking something completely different from me. That's just what I picked up from how you talk about her. Like I said, everyone is different. You might be doing just fine in her eyes. Still, I say talk to her about what you want in life, and how you feel. It's always good to talk about that anyway. Perhaps you two can become closer in some ways.
Talk about what I want in life. Make sure she knows that I want that from her right?

Latest posts

Back