mutual aid

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benj

Reaction score
I've never wanted to form a friendship on the basis of power games or vying for dominance. Many of the friendship situations I've encountered have revolved around this. However I have had friends where this has not been the case.
Financial status, confidence, looks, etc are not important. I want friendships based on co-operation, unconditional positive regard and acceptance. All people are worthwhile, all people have value, all people can teach something if you just listen, you can find beauty in anything you just have to magnify it and really look at it.
The world is not set up this way, but when I look at many relationships I have walked away from I am not sorry. Yet there are others where not only was there something genuine and equal offered but there was something that was said that goes beyond many of the shallow (I suppose) measures of status that are usually used.
Something that comes out across many threads on here is mutual support rather than nastiness or passive/overt aggression or social climbing. I really like that.
You're all very nice people.
((hugs))

Latest posts

Back