My dream.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
I'm posting this here because its not really an "issue" more a nonsensical ramble.

Last night I had a dream that a plane flew over our house very low and really loud I was screaming that I thought it was going to crash and it did just behind the houses out back. There was a massive fireball. Only no one would believe me. I was checking the news but it wasn't featured and people kept telling me I had hallucinated it. This is within the dream. It was so weird.

Anyway sorry I know other people's dreams are a bit like watching paint dry but I've tried to keep the description to the point.

Now I'm not really one of those people who believes loads in dreams having meanings (apart from that recurring one I have about being in my old high school and not knowing what lesson is next or where to go. You don't need to be a genius to work out that is probably a manifestation (oh big word, go me! :D ) of my anxiety over not knowing where my life is going) but any ideas?

Well, my immediate impression of the dream's meaning is this:

You very much want to share yourself with those around you. Or at least share what you perceive yourself to be. But it feels like no one will listen to you... either because they're busy or because they have their own personal perceptions of who you are.

And the rift between what you see in yourself and what others see in you causes this rift in your subconscious, which manifested itself as your dream.

That's the best I can do. :p

...does it sound like it may make sense?

Badjedidude said:
Well, my immediate impression of the dream's meaning is this:

You very much want to share yourself with those around you. Or at least share what you perceive yourself to be. But it feels like no one will listen to you... either because they're busy or because they have their own personal perceptions of who you are.

And the rift between what you see in yourself and what others see in you causes this rift in your subconscious, which manifested itself as your dream.

That's the best I can do. :p

...does it sound like it may make sense?

Wow that's pretty deep. I'd never have thought of something like that. that's actually got me thinking now.

annik said:
Wow that's pretty deep. I'd never have thought of something like that. that's actually got me thinking now.

*shrug*

Someone on a dream-interpretation forum somewhere could probably give you a better answer.

That was my gut impression of your dream, though. :)

Badjedidude said:
annik said:

*shrug*

Someone on a dream-interpretation forum somewhere could probably give you a better answer.

That was my gut impression of your dream, though. :)

Well like I said I'm not a big believer in dreams or at least all dreams meaning something or having to mean something. I just wondered. To be honest in my head it seemed like a much weirder dream than it sounds written down.

Honestly some of mine are so messed up they can't possibly mean anything!

annik said:
Honestly some of mine are so messed up they can't possibly mean anything!

I personally believe that some dreams can mean things... but I think most dreams don't mean anything at all.

They're just the result of your brain doing its nightly routine of resetting and reviewing the day's events, while preparing for the next day. I think of it this way: Our brain is a computer that's running a background task (say... virus scanning or something similar), and while the task is running, no active tasks are being done on the computer. So what happens? A screensaver pops up.

That's what dreams are.

Screensavers for our brains.

*shrug* :p

Badjedidude said:
That's what dreams are.

Screensavers for our brains.

That is quite possibly pure genius!!

Though I kind of want to ask on a dreams site about mine. I'd like to see what they come up with for the gushing water house and the priest who took all his clothes off and exploded, well bits of him did!...

annik said:
I'd like to see what they come up with for the gushing water house and the priest who took all his clothes off and exploded, well bits of him did!...

Haha... I'm sure they'll give you something interesting, no doubt. :)

Let me know what they say, if you really do ask someone else about it! I'm curious about it now. :p

I know what you mean, many people seem to have the least interest in hearing other people's dreams and dismiss them as nonsense. Your dream is interesting though. The plane crash could be a reflection of a memory stored in your long term index which somehow made a significant impression in your thoughts during the creative phase of Rapid Eye Movement sleep. Most of the elements that make up your dreams are linked to past occurrences in the real world and your general process of thoughts, including fears and anxieties, but they can also be completely made-up from your own creativity during REM or non-REM sleep. I would recommend analyzing anything you can remember from the dream, pinpoint the memories that might have triggered them, and go from there. You might also try manipulating objects or details in your dreams, you might be a lucid dreamer. Oh, and factors like insomnia, depression, hunger, your mood before going to sleep, and whether you are sleeping comfortably or not, could easily determine what your dream about. I find dreams interesting myself, it would be cool to share and analyze dreams with you, if you would like to.

DreamerDeceiver said:
I know what you mean, many people seem to have the least interest in hearing other people's dreams and dismiss them as nonsense. Your dream is interesting though. The plane crash could be a reflection of a memory stored in your long term index which somehow made a significant impression in your thoughts during the creative phase of Rapid Eye Movement sleep. Most of the elements that make up your dreams are linked to past occurrences in the real world and your general process of thoughts, including fears and anxieties, but they can also be completely made-up from your own creativity during REM or non-REM sleep. I would recommend analyzing anything you can remember from the dream, pinpoint the memories that might have triggered them, and go from there. You might also try manipulating objects or details in your dreams, you might be a lucid dreamer. Oh, and factors like insomnia, depression, hunger, your mood before going to sleep, and whether you are sleeping comfortably or not, could easily determine what your dream about. I find dreams interesting myself, it would be cool to share and analyze dreams with you, if you would like to.

That is all pretty interesting, thank you. I said somewhere else that I wasn't really sure what "lucid" dreaming actually was maybe you could explain that to me? I might have to give it some more thought. I should have written this sooner as I'm starting to only vaguely remember details.

Funny you should mention comfort. No joke my bed is so old and knackered it draws blood. That can't be helping.

Actually I do have recurring dreams about bugs and insects. My bed and me being covered in them or the floors. I hate those dreams.

Sorry that reply was a bit everywhere.

Lucid dreams are dreams in which you are conscious of the fact that you are dreaming. During these dreams, you are able to make critical decisions and alter details that impact the progression of events. They are like a lower partition of a dream, triggered either by entering a level of deep sleep or exiting from a dream state. So waking up from a lucid dream would cause a momentary relapse to a normal dream state and appear to be a "false awakening" or "dream within a dream." Lucid dreams can be vivid and realistic, so when you told of how you tried to convince people of the truth of the crash, I had the impression that you were in a lucid dream.

Oooh, I like having dreams in which I know I'm dreaming. The most awesome one ever was when I dreamed I was falling, and I decided to grow wings and become a dragon, and flew about, instead.

I agree with Tentacles about that dream. It sounds like you want to share something with people, but you feel as though they aren't listening to you.

(hmm)
dream may have meaning,they may not,but it wont hurt to google just for fun/curosity/info

yes u get ppl that dream about weird stuff (shock)
and dreaming is good,i dont dream alot,

last dream i had i dremed about snakes =\
a car ran over it,when i want to kill it to let it go of its pain,when i got closer the snakes head turned in to a dogs head,and i culdent kill it ,thats strange =\

I definitely have dreams where I know I'm dreaming or dreams where I am dreaming in a dream and wake up in the dream. Though apart from thinking I wish I could wake up or trying to put likes on (mostly in bad dreams) I've never tried or been able to manipulate how the dream was going. I didn't know that was lucid dreaming though.

I do dream a lot where I can't run properly too. I can never get fast enough and I tend to grab at the ground a lot trying to speed up like I'm running on all fours.

I also hate that I still have ocd in dreams!

Latest posts

Back