My enemy is myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in here much anymore, but I wanted to say hi. Hope you're doing well, and maybe I'll see you in the chat room. 💜

I'm not in here much anymore, but I wanted to say hi. Hope you're doing well, and maybe I'll see you in the chat room. 💜

Do you know what you are Ma’am? You’re a pleasure to talk to and I just want you to enjoy your holiday and have a happy 2024 all the way through. :)

The wonderful Christmas card idea.

When I came back a couple of days ago it took me a while to go through the posts in here and I was once again disappointed that I did not see the Christmas card exchange thread.

When I arrived here in March 2015 and I saw a thread about this and I wondered what it was because at that time Christmas was almost three months prior but the people in here were still talking about it and were very excited and happy about the exchange of cards that they had with each other.

Well, I said to myself that with the following Christmas if they allow me to take part in it I would be very happy to participate and I was about to until I got a private message from someone who I did not know. I only saw him from the posts that he made and what he told me about the Christmas cards convinced me that it was not for me. He has been gone for a while and if he somehow would return he would back me up here. The guy's name is unimportant here and he told me that he joined the Christmas card list and sent out cards to people all over the world but all the people that were part of the Christmas card exchange never sent him one card in return. I told him that I didn't understand why that happened to him and he told me that he didn't understand it either.

I felt bad for the guy and I didn't think what happened to him was right, especially with all those people in that thread thanking each other for the cards that they got from at the same time with him being shut out. I decided that this was just another popularity contest and because of that I would've finished in dead last. That is why after all the years that this was going on I told the people that took part in it that it was a good idea but I was not going to be a part of it. There was a lady named SofiasMami who kind of ran it and later Amy was really involved in it and both of them really did a great job. I just want to say right here that those two had nothing to do with who got a card and who didn't. I blame the others for what they did to that guy and I promised myself that I would not allow myself to be hurt like that because I thought it was a terrible thing to do to another person especially during the holiday season or at any time.

On the other hand I have to say for those of you kindhearted people who sent out cards to the other people in here I think you did a wonderful thing and I would like to thank you once again for the kindness that you showed the others in here. This right here is what I remember the most about the Christmas card exchange.

There is good and not so good about anything that you can think of and you can make the argument that I did not give anyone a chance to send me a card. Well, yes. But come on. Would anyone actually do it? That really makes me laugh. All I did here was insure that I did not get hurt. If this is started next year I can promise that you will like it because the posts that I read from those people you could just tell the joy and happiness they got from receiving a card from a friend in here.

The wonderful Christmas card idea.

. Well, yes. But come on. Would anyone actually do it? That really makes me laugh. All I did here was insure that I did not get hurt. If this is started next year I can promise that you will like it because the posts that I read from those people you could just tell the joy and happiness they got from receiving a card from a friend in here.

If the forum doesn't kick me off for not being a supporting member, I will create the thread next year! This year, I can't even bring myself to write positively. I did sign up for a Secret Sister within my church, and have a lady that I can send holiday, birthday and anniversary cards to throughout the next year. A little nervous about revealing myself next Christmas season, but it should be alright.

I have hundreds of postcards from exchanges I have done over the years (via postcrossing which was actually recommended by someone on here). I've also participated in many Reddit gift exchanges. When I first started, I could never imagine why anyone would want to send to me. But I realized that everyone is there for the same experience.

One of the coolest things I've received is a New Zealand stamp set for The Hobbit films. Along with that, the various postcards with snakes and spiders on them really fascinate me. I'm still plotting an area in the house where I can display some of these.

I've said this before, and I will say it again. I would send you a card. But eCards work too 😉

If the forum doesn't kick me off for not being a supporting member, I will create the thread next year! This year, I can't even bring myself to write positively. I did sign up for a Secret Sister within my church, and have a lady that I can send holiday, birthday and anniversary cards to throughout the next year. A little nervous about revealing myself next Christmas season, but it should be alright.
Whoa, hold up. You can get kicked out of here for not being a supporting member? Maybe I better do this before I go.

I’ve never heard of a Secret Sister but that sounds like a nice thing that you are doing and I really believe next year this might be a good idea.

I have hundreds of postcards from exchanges I have done over the years (via postcrossing which was actually recommended by someone on here). I've also participated in many Reddit gift exchanges. When I first started, I could never imagine why anyone would want to send to me. But I realized that everyone is there for the same experience.
What is postcrossing if you don’t mind me asking?

I've said this before, and I will say it again. I would send you a card. But eCards work too 😉

It is much appreciated and I remember that you have made this offer to me in the past a few times.

Keeping up with my photos.

Around Halloween I was trying to think of some more places to tap into to get photos from and what I do a lot is I think of where some of you folks in here are from and I go on from there. That is how I made a gallery from Ireland, England and Scotland.

Then I thought of Saskatchewan and I said to myself there has to be a lot to offer from there. All I really knew was that Gordie Howe was from there.

So I looked at a few photos and I present them to the most famous person I know from Saskatchewan, Amy. All of these photos will eventually be used, probably some time in 2024.

Swift Current, Saskatchewan.jpg
Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Swift Current is the sixth-largest city in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

A replica of the Eiffel Tower in Montmartre, Saskatchewan,.jpg
A replica of the Eiffel Tower in Montmartre, Saskatchewan. I asked myself why isn't this more well known?

Aurora.jpg

The Aurora Borealis over an old abandoned prairie homestead in Saskatchewan.

You can post in here if you want but I get why you don't because you don't want to get them upset with you.

I think what I may do next year is only come back for one week between Christmas and New Year's because I've done nothing but talk to myself since I've been back. That I can safely say I do not need.

You can post in here if you want but I get why you don't because you don't want to get them upset with you.

Hey, yeah I was doing a couple things at once.

Those are some cool photos though. The top picture especially looks like it would be a fun place to walk/bike around.

I'll keep an eye out for when you post the England/Scotland/Ireland photo group. That's somewhere I might want to visit if I get the chance.

Whoa, hold up. You can get kicked out of here for not being a supporting member? Maybe I better do this before I go.

I’ve never heard of a Secret Sister but that sounds like a nice thing that you are doing and I really believe next year this might be a good idea.

What is postcrossing if you don’t mind me asking?

It is much appreciated and I remember that you have made this offer to me in the past a few times.
Postcrossing is a website you can sign up on to send and receive postcards. Basically, the amount you send out is the amount you will receive back. Your address is randomly given to folks around the world. There's a code on each card that gets added to let them know you received your card, and that people received what you put out.

You can also opt in the directly swap. Your choice.

No I am not sure you can get kicked off of here for not being a supporting member. Probably more likely the site will shut down first lol. That was just sarcasm I was feeling in the moment. I apologize.

Will you be cooking yourself a meal for Christmas? I am not on cooking duty this year. Kids are going away, and my mom offered to make lasagna. I offered to work another 12 hours into overtime, so I am very grateful for that choice. It's also supposed to be 10C (50F), so I will have to pull out my shorts for the weekend.

Thank you for the awesome pictures! I live quite close to Swift Current, and it's become my go to city for shopping. I never heard of that place with the mini Eiffel tower, so will do some more research into that. The last picture is such a familiar sight throughout the province. I am going to post one of my favourites below, that is located just a few minutes outside of my town.

Homestead-Aurora-N5.png

No I am not sure you can get kicked off of here for not being a supporting member. Probably more likely the site will shut down first lol. That was just sarcasm I was feeling in the moment. I apologize.
Now I wonder if I should? But I am not here long enough either. I'll think about that next week.

Will you be cooking yourself a meal for Christmas? I am not on cooking duty this year. Kids are going away, and my mom offered to make lasagna. I offered to work another 12 hours into overtime, so I am very grateful for that choice. It's also supposed to be 10C (50F), so I will have to pull out my shorts for the weekend.
No I won't. I bought some frozen stuff to have on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I don't know how to cook.

Thank you for the awesome pictures! I live quite close to Swift Current, and it's become my go to city for shopping. I never heard of that place with the mini Eiffel tower, so will do some more research into that. The last picture is such a familiar sight throughout the province. I am going to post one of my favourites below, that is located just a few minutes outside of my town.

You are welcome. I never take credit for any photo I post here or on my gallery but there are times when I would not have minded being there, like the Aurora Borealis one. And I hope you don't live too far from that other town. Now I am glad I posted that one for you.

I'll keep an eye out for when you post the England/Scotland/Ireland photo group. That's somewhere I might want to visit if I get the chance.
Yeah, you keep on looking. You are the one who asked me to make an album of classic old cars and I did and it took you over a year to look at it. I made Serenia a Christmas one and she liked it. The ones from England, etc are IN my online albums. You just don’t post an album byt itself. It’s not made that way. A person just gets the link and they view it when they can. It is a good set up.

A word I can do without.

The word narcissist has rapidly become my least favorite word. When I hear it I immediately think of Trump, a person I despise wholeheartedly. (If you like him I don’t care. I am not going to get in a political discussion with anyone here. I am a Democrat and I do not like what he represents or says.)

Anyway, in another thread Abstamyous*, aka AmytheTemperamental, aka Amy, had the perfect definition of what one was: There's a huge gap between admiring oneself and thinking everyone in the world should kiss the ground you walk on. There's also the part where a narcissist takes no responsibility for how their own lives turn out, and continually harm others with manipulation.

These are people that just want attention. Any kind of attention. You could be tearing them apart but it won’t bother them because the spotlight is on them.

I don’t admire myself. If I do something admirable it’s better that others notice it and let me know. I feel better that way. I take pride in myself although some may say I am too proud of a person.

You can always tell a narcissist wherever you go and it is really not that hard. You may know some in your family or you may work with some. It doesn’t take long to spot one online either. We have some here now and we’ve had them in the past. It’s just a fact of life on an forum. They are the ones who make the most threads and who talk openly about their lives just to get more people interested and talking about them and only them. It tends to dominate the entire forum and when someone else wants to make a thread it is overlooked because the narcissist is talking about well, you name it.

I may not be here a lot but I do respect this forum very much and I want the best for it. I believe in what this forum stands for and I think a lot of people have been helped just by being here. I know I have. I won’t say I am doing wonderful now but I am so much better than when I first joined thanks to a small group of people. Those are the ones that make this forum what it is. The narcissist does just the opposite.

*Can someone tell me what Abstamyous means? 🙂

Yeah, you keep on looking. You are the one who asked me to make an album of classic old cars and I did and it took you over a year to look at it. I made Serenia a Christmas one and she liked it. The ones from England, etc are IN my online albums. You just don’t post an album byt itself. It’s not made that way. A person just gets the link and they view it when they can. It is a good set up.

Why does it matter how long he took to glance at the album? People get busy or just forget from time to time.

Why does it matter how long he took to glance at the album? People get busy or just forget from time to time.
Well look who's here. One of my daily harassers from when I was here year round.

It took him over a year. That told me he couldn't care less. I wouldn't do something like that to anyone.

Take care, enjoy the holidays.

Well look who's here. One of my daily harassers from when I was here year round.

It took him over a year. That told me he couldn't care less. I wouldn't do something like that to anyone.

Take care, enjoy the holidays.

I wasn't, and am still not, a harasser. I just didn't hold my tongue when you (and some of your friends) lashed out at others for no reason. I also wanted to add that some people could have been going through serious issues and had forgotten to look at the albums. It just doesn't help to automatically assume people aren't interested in your contributions to the forum. In other forums and sites, I've had people respond to my posts months after I initially wrote them. Believe whatever you wish, though, and have a pleasant holiday weekend.

Last edited:
May I have the envelope please..

...And the winner for the scariest avatar during the Christmas season goes to Abstamyous. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back