My Photographic Work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What got you into photography exactly?
As a kid I got intrigued my many things. I wish it was only one or two things so I could've really excelled in something in my life, but in any case, I enjoyed taking some photos with my parent's little Kodak Instamatic. I liked to capture moments. I enjoy memories. I spend too much time in my memories. Anyway, I didn't really get too involved with photography until I started traveling overseas, around 1994. I just took a few shots, then the more I traveled the more photos I took. I got better cameras over time. Still I didn't take a lot of photos, but then my first child was born and I started taking more. Then my wife bought a video camera, which I rejected for a while, then when I played with it and took a few little videos I began to get into videography. I started a side business producing video productions for businesses, schools, dance companies, recitals, private functions, etc. That took a lot of work and time, time I really couldn't afford with my police career, but I stopped doing the videography and began to shoot more photos and did photoshoots with models and landscapes and camping trips, but all of that was fairly casual stuff. I've bought and sold many cameras and lenses over the years, some regretfully. Then I really didn't do much until a few years ago when a photographer friend who happened to live around the corner asked if I wanted to assist with his shooting of debutantes, so I did. I'm not an avid photographer, but I keep it up. Sometimes I get frustrated with the lack of great locations around my region, but I try to capture nice things when I see them, hence carrying a phone with a decent camera in it. Occasionally, I'll go on a specific outing with a friend that I got into photography and we'll spend the day trying to capture things. It's just a fun thing to do, and one day my kids will hopefully thank me for capturing all the memories that weren't captured of me by my parents. Thanks for asking.

1971 Kodak Instamatic 155X b.jpg

As a kid I got intrigued my many things. I wish it was only one or two things so I could've really excelled in something in my life, but in any case, I enjoyed taking some photos with my parent's little Kodak Instamatic. I liked to capture moments. I enjoy memories. I spend too much time in my memories. Anyway, I didn't really get too involved with photography until I started traveling overseas, around 1994. I just took a few shots, then the more I traveled the more photos I took. I got better cameras over time. Still I didn't take a lot of photos, but then my first child was born and I started taking more. Then my wife bought a video camera, which I rejected for a while, then when I played with it and took a few little videos I began to get into videography. I started a side business producing video productions for businesses, schools, dance companies, recitals, private functions, etc. That took a lot of work and time, time I really couldn't afford with my police career, but I stopped doing the videography and began to shoot more photos and did photoshoots with models and landscapes and camping trips, but all of that was fairly casual stuff. I've bought and sold many cameras and lenses over the years, some regretfully. Then I really didn't do much until a few years ago when a photographer friend who happened to live around the corner asked if I wanted to assist with his shooting of debutantes, so I did. I'm not an avid photographer, but I keep it up. Sometimes I get frustrated with the lack of great locations around my region, but I try to capture nice things when I see them, hence carrying a phone with a decent camera in it. Occasionally, I'll go on a specific outing with a friend that I got into photography and we'll spend the day trying to capture things. It's just a fun thing to do, and one day my kids will hopefully thank me for capturing all the memories that weren't captured of me by my parents. Thanks for asking.

View attachment 8940
That camera! I'll bet that takes you back. lol

"police career?!" I'll make sure to stay on your good side then.

That camera! I'll bet that takes you back. lol

"police career?!" I'll make sure to stay on your good side then.
Yeah 22 years, but it wore me down, chewed me up and eventually spat me out. Thankfully I have a good pension until I die, all due to mental health reasons. As for staying on my good side, I couldn’t care less what you do as long as it doesn’t negatively impact anyone else.

I’ve got a small camera collection and that was one of the first I bought.

Yeah 22 years, but it wore me down, chewed me up and eventually spat me out. Thankfully I have a good pension until I die, all due to mental health reasons. As for staying on my good side, I couldn’t care less what you do as long as it doesn’t negatively impact anyone else.

I’ve got a small camera collection and that was one of the first I bought.
OMG! Those are some oldies. lol

Latest posts

Back