My shrinking world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jah27

Reaction score
I’m an old (71), gay man who is feeling increasingly lonely, isolated and unconnected. In some ways my situation has been of my own making. I had a reasonably full and satisfying social life when I was working ( I am a retired university teacher) and after retirement I over-relied on a small group of very good, reliable and stimulating friends. In recent years, deaths and illnesses have depleted my social group and I find myself relatively isolated. I keep myself busy trying to write two novels but there are times when my loneliness kind of cripples my creativity and I just long for some kind of interaction with others. Unfortunately most internet groups for gay men seem to be solely concerned with sexual hook-ups and that’s not what I’m about ( most of the time!!). I found this web site today and hopefully will get involved in its discussions, meet some new people and find a way of expanding my social horizons.

Re: My shrinking world
Welcom Jah27, welcome, and i hope you'll make some nice friends here!:)

Welcome jah, i am glad you decided to join us. Look around and make yourself at home.

Welcome Jah, I think this forum will get a lot of inspiration from you as you seem to be a very interesting man. But much more, I wish you will find the companionship and friendship you are looking for to propel your creativity and inspire you more in life :)

lots of hugs, sir :)

Hello! Writing can be a great way to express those feelings...when I get down, it helps me, and funny enough, my chosen subject matter happens to be gay men. ..I think that I am attracted to the topic because of the loneliness many gay people feel. Although I am a straight woman, I can definitely relate to those feelings of isolation and alienation...

Latest posts

Back