My utopia system READ IT VOTE ME!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackhole said:
i'd have to strongly consider the source of that report and their agenda.

Dude it's done by the U.N (Which the USA is part of and set up) and the USA has been as low as number 14 some years.... just accept your country isn't the best in the world...

Have you travelled before? :(

blackhole said:
norway is also awash in oil money.

we would be too if allowed to tap it.

Explain New Zealand? (where I live) We are not the most rich but our life quality is great. Free healthcare ect.

IgnoredOne said:
The !Kung Bushmen are one of the best examples of a hunter-gathering society that was willing to follow such tenets, but it was only possible in the extremely low population of the community. Both infanticide and suicide/exposure was extensively practiced to control population numbers.

Perhaps it it is telling how pleasant that the hunter-gathering stage is that in less than ten years after their exposure to the modern world, the Bushmen had almost completely abandoned their lifestyle to become a agarian state when people didn't have to kill their babies.

That isn't a lack of greed - that is a survival instinct for dealing with the extreme stress of survival. I don't know where you get your data from, but once humanity moved into chiefdoms and tribes, greed is one of the definining characteristics.

Bride capture is a glorified form of 'kidnap women from other tribes'; chiefdoms practice polygamy and have greater access to food supply; not to mention the fact that even when it works, such societys are genuinely weak at protecting themselves, failing an essential criterium of survival.

The only way to get people to work together is to keep them desperately impoverished against an endless outside force. Any form of surplus will cause competition; and such competition is one of the drivers of the rise of civilization.

I covered this with the bottom of my post...
if people wanted more they could by joining a company that made higher profit by bettering their skills to get hired similar to the current system. The companies are privately owned by those who work for them. When they leave they give up their share.

The company would benefits and still be competitive because people would want to earn more profit's rather then just "working for the man" like the current system.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
Does anyone have a valid flaw in my system or an argument ageist it...

you ignored mine and didn't answer my question, if you do this to everyone then in your head will be no possible or plausible argument. i'm guessing you are either in new zealand or russia by your time zone, probably new zealand, why must you be so ignorant to me, i never did anything to hurt or insult you so why do you ignore me. try to avoid being so 'tyrannical'

condemnedsoul666 said:
you ignored mine and didn't answer my question, if you do this to everyone then in your head will be no possible or plausible argument. i'm guessing you are either in new zealand or russia by your time zone, probably new zealand, why must you be so ignorant to me, i never did anything to hurt or insult you so why do you ignore me. try to avoid being so 'tyrannical'
Your argument was straw man/troll...

All you said was "human nature" without providing any facts or reasoning behind that statement which made it nonsensical/invalid.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
Does anyone have a valid flaw in my system or an argument ageist it...

Even without going into detail on it, the obvious perils of human greed are there and well beyond your system. Essentially nothing stops a group of well-armed/skilled individuals from getting their way by force as has frequently happened in the past. In the end, all societies are essentially created by some version or centralization of force. Making yourself a victim is begging for a predator.

Simply put, human nature is greedy and I wrote an extensive post above about it. You cannot change that.

No mammal behaves like that; hell, the entire concept of the selfish gene indicates otherwise. Utopian societies do not work writ large; I do not think that the US society is the best of all worlds - as you indicated, there are some societies higher on some indexes. This does not mean that you can replace it with fairy tale and rainbow ponies.

america = epic win
rest of world = epic fail

team-america-world-police-1.jpg

for the record, capitalism hasn't failed, it's never failed.

it's the traitors and regulators who have corrupted the system, who have caused the fail.

blackhole said:
america = epic win
rest of world = epic fail

team-america-world-police-1.jpg

for the record, capitalism hasn't failed, it's never failed.

it's the traitors and regulators who have corrupted the system, who have caused the fail.

You have to be a trolling... if you are not you are very ignorant and arrogant.

IgnoredOne said:
Even without going into detail on it, the obvious perils of human greed are there and well beyond your system. Essentially nothing stops a group of well-armed/skilled individuals from getting their way by force as has frequently happened in the past. In the end, all societies are essentially created by some version or centralization of force. Making yourself a victim is begging for a predator.

Simply put, human nature is greedy and I wrote an extensive post above about it. You cannot change that.

No mammal behaves like that; hell, the entire concept of the selfish gene indicates otherwise. Utopian societies do not work writ large; I do not think that the US society is the best of all worlds - as you indicated, there are some societies higher on some indexes. This does not mean that you can replace it with fairy tale and rainbow ponies.

I didn't really mean create a "Utopian" :rolleyes:

But something better or rather a working alternative to the current system.

And we will have police.

New Zealand is fine and it has a very small inactive army... Like I said you can build security though diplomatic ties.

Also the U.N will protect us. :p

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
I didn't really mean create a "Utopian" :rolleyes:

But something better or rather a working alternative to the current system.

And we will have police.

New Zealand is fine and it has a very small inactive army... Like I said you can build security though diplomatic ties.

Your post subject includes the title of utopia.

New Zealand has an economy that depends entirely on international trade, making it a smaller sibling of major nations such as Australia, China, Japan, etc. which essentially provide it with the security so it won't have to. Its a lot like being a child in a family and saying that you don't need to fight and daddy doesn't need to be strong, since you have the security provided by a stronger person to fend for you. The Maori, who accomplished an incredible task of even fighting the British to a stalemate, did not do so by being anything but utterly brutal; to this day, crime rates and abuse rates are remarkably higher among those of Maori descent.

The UN cannot even protect itself, let alone anyone else.

I don't discourage looking into better systems; I suggest looking at various systems of large nations and looking at which ones work, and for what extent. Fundamentally, the capitalistic system does work, however; the competitive pressures provide incentive for continued growth and innovation.

A realistic awareness that force is one of the fundamental drivers of the creation and maintenance of human society. I'm not as unaware of New Zealand as you think; I have friends from there and once was involved with a woman there. I think you guys do a lot of things well, but I believe your understanding of realpolitick is idealistic and flawed.

So yeah i ask a simple question and am told i didnt explain, if you want me to then ask, but also answer the question and refrain from calling me a troll, it doesn't make you look like less of one, please don't insult me so.

blackhole said:
ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:

like they did in the congo?

Or Rwanda, Somolia, Zimbabwe, Bosnia(until the last minute), North Korea, Burma, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Colombia, Syria or innumerable other places.

Unfortunately, the UN is ineffectual and is positive proof that there is no power without genuine military force.

I think the OP is going for the concept for some kind of utopia based on equal desires by all inhabitants... It reminds me of the theory developed by Tommaso Campanella, which is something that can't function properly or at least only for a short amount of time. It's a little bit naive and dare I say it idealistic. :)

I doubt there is a better system atm than democracy. Even that system has a lot of rules and ideals that aren't properly protected and grasped by most people. For something better society must evolve on it's own first. You can't force something like this.

Also I think the op's system can pretty fast evolve into tyranny, which is a bad thing. :D

rosebud said:
I think the OP is going for the concept for some kind of utopia based on equal desires by all inhabitants... It reminds me of the theory developed by Tommaso Campanella, which is something that can't function properly or at least only for a short amount of time. It's a little bit naive and dare I say it idealistic. :)

I doubt there is a better system atm than democracy. Even that system has a lot of rules and ideals that aren't properly protected and grasped by most people. For something better society must evolve on it's own first. You can't force something like this.

Also I think the op's system can pretty fast evolve into tyranny, which is a bad thing. :D

If only you knew that people don't vote with "free will" they vote with their subconscious Have you heard of the art of engineering consent? Your vote is an illusion.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
If only you knew that people don't vote with "free will" they vote with their subconscious Have you heard of the art of engineering consent? Your vote is an illusion.

You are a person. You are voicing an opinion now with your subconscious. Perhaps some puppetmaster is pulling your strings, having engineered your consent. Your opinions are an illusion.

The philosophical extrapolations of that are endless and amusing, but not very practical.

Latest posts

Back