n00b here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lackper

Reaction score
Hi, just posting to say what I said at the first of this sentence, and that i'm a noob. I do have a wife, probly not for long since one of us has got to die here pretty soon. She's got COPD really bad and I am starting cancer treatments very soon. But friends, relatives? Not really. She's got a daughter who calls every week, sends her card, flowers, gifts, like a really good person (that she is) ought to do. Me, i just have my wife, and nobody else. I did have a couple online buds for about 20 some years, but one died, and the other ghosted (probly dead by now). I did contact two bros i knew from back in the '60s last week, but somehow that ain't gonna work out as friends i don't think. Anyhow, i'm alone, lonely and depressed. I need support, I need to find out how I can clean out all my lifetime of stuff. And i need a lot of other things. If this board turns out to help, I will donate as Admin Homebound as been requesting.

Wow, i just looked, and I guess I posted here in December, but i'd forgotten. I'd add this to that post but cannot find it. So here it is, a bit more detailed. I'll repost a transcript here from my original post:
Dec 24, 2023
Hi, I've got prostate cancer, am to start radiation and estrogen therapy soon. I'm sure this's the end of me. What a life, 75 years, and then dead, and who gives a honeysuckle? Not a soul. I dunno what to do in the meantime. Maybe somebody here can offer suggestions, i dunno.
Thanks for being here, I hope i can find something helpful here or even be helpful to somebody here. :)

Welcome Lackper. I hope you find some solace here.
Thanks. I'm hoping to find some kind of hope. I feel like a big baby about all this, but nobody knows how i feel, because nobody knows me, so how can they. This board's been here a long time, well, no wonder, there're a lot of people like us, and always have been. May be more nowadays.

We can all feel like crying babies at times. That we’re crying over unworthy things. But the impact of things is real, so the reactions are genuine. We just have to learn to cope in more positive ways that help us get through those trying times better.

Welcome to the forums Lackper :)

Hi, just posting to say what I said at the first of this sentence, and that i'm a noob. I do have a wife, probly not for long since one of us has got to die here pretty soon. She's got COPD really bad and I am starting cancer treatments very soon. But friends, relatives? Not really. She's got a daughter who calls every week, sends her card, flowers, gifts, like a really good person (that she is) ought to do. Me, i just have my wife, and nobody else. I did have a couple online buds for about 20 some years, but one died, and the other ghosted (probly dead by now). I did contact two bros i knew from back in the '60s last week, but somehow that ain't gonna work out as friends i don't think. Anyhow, i'm alone, lonely and depressed. I need support, I need to find out how I can clean out all my lifetime of stuff. And i need a lot of other things. If this board turns out to help, I will donate as Admin Homebound as been requesting.

Wow, i just looked, and I guess I posted here in December, but i'd forgotten. I'd add this to that post but cannot find it. So here it is, a bit more detailed. I'll repost a transcript here from my original post:

Thanks for being here, I hope i can find something helpful here or even be helpful to somebody here. :)

I've watched two good friends of mine get the prostate cancer diagnosis, follow through with surgery removal, and face the uncertainty afterwards. I can appreciate the distress and worry spent over it, but you needn't be alone in the affair nor give up yet on treatment success.

While you're going through this challenging time, I'd encourage you to use the experience as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship with God and to seek the support of a good Christian church family. It takes time and effort, but you'll reap what you sow and potentially discover purpose for the remaining years of your life.

I hope you get well! Do you have a competent team of doctors? Did they give you a good prognostic?

Latest posts

Back