Natural Disasters?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a Natural Disaster?

Hurricanes in Florida are common. Luckily I have only experienced level 3.

I experienced a major forest fire back in 1998. The entire town I was living in (population 10,000) had to be evacuated. Thankfully, the town was spared. The fire started in the mountains across the valley and due to extremely windy conditions, the fire spread quickly across the valley and threatened our city. It was a scary time, seeing flames so close to where you live.

Over where i live we don't really get any natural disasters, except for some floodings, which we used to have a big one of a long while ago. However for that to repeat we'd have to collectively fall asleep.

Flash flood that killed 238 people and injured 3,057 others, throwing cars and even houses around like they were toys. Among the property damage, 1,335 homes destroyed and 5000 automobiles.

Has anyone experienced a Natural Disaster?

Hurricanes in Florida are common. Luckily I have only experienced level 3.
Not really, so I guess pretty lucky. But UK this week has had record breaking heat, apparently causing fires in places & the capital... Although that could've been the media dramatising everything, it's difficult to know these days. Not sure if that counts...

Not really, so I guess pretty lucky. But UK this week has had record breaking heat, apparently causing fires in places & the capital... Although that could've been the media dramatising everything, it's difficult to know these days. Not sure if that counts...
I think the media here enjoy invoking panic nowadays and they are acting like that heat will be here for 365 days a year. Soon they'll be saying "it's so cold that we'll become ice blocks!!" even though England is renowned for utterly honeysuckle weather as you know :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . But for the record i cannot stand heat and that recent heat made me weak, tired, angry but massively irritable too. Can't even eat food without being caked in sweat.

I think the media here enjoy invoking panic nowadays and they are acting like that heat will be here for 365 days a year. Soon they'll be saying "it's so cold that we'll become ice blocks!!" even though England is renowned for utterly honeysuckle weather as you know :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . But for the record i cannot stand heat and that recent heat made me weak, tired, angry but massively irritable too. Can't even eat food without being caked in sweat.
Yeah I listen to the radio and they're completely focussed on it at the moment. They were interviewing people from hot spots questioning them about it all and you could plainly see they were trying to force blame on something like climate change. Always seems like they're trying to trigger a response in whatever way. Why not just report it and not be compelled to find blame - not just about this but pretty much anything.

Yeah I listen to the radio and they're completely focussed on it at the moment. They were interviewing people from hot spots questioning them about it all and you could plainly see they were trying to force blame on something like climate change. Always seems like they're trying to trigger a response in whatever way. Why not just report it and not be compelled to find blame - not just about this but pretty much anything.
That's right. But it seems like they want to push the fear mongering agenda quite a lot over a few days of hot weather and it's obvious those days won't be a frequent thing as it's bound to get hot during summer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back