Need some guidance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
Hi all, it's been so long since I logged back on. I miss this place actually. it's a great place to seek guidance and rant

Situation:

girl in guy's class. barely talked in class.

girl finds guy online, starts messaging him online for few days. good vibe, but too soon for guy to ask girl out for real?

Fear of asking her out after talking online for the weekend would seem desperate?

Guy suspects girl might have boyfriend cuz many attempts to communicate with the girl outside class always end up with the guy being distracted by the girl's female and male companion. guy asks girl something, someone else answers while girl starts at him blankly.
but she seems interested online...

im so confused and happy at the same time. when i first saw her i liked her, but never thought she would actually be interested too. (or it seems to be)

I'm not going to attempt to analyse her feelings as it's impossible, but I can offer you one piece of advice...

Sometimes, when I'm ill or lonely, I look back over my life and contemplate how things could have been different. I almost never regret the things I tried - even if they ended badly. What I do regret are the opportunities I never reached for; the things that passed me by.

If you wish to be with her, then I'd go ahead and ask. Surely it's worth risking a moment of embarrassment for the possibility of happiness? Embarrassment fades, but wondering 'what if' lasts forever.

Great post Cavey (rep added)

SighX99

I'm no expert on these things, but hopefully by posting the following I can help you avoid going through the same thing.

I'm 35 and have never had a relationship mainly due to my lack of confidence over the years when it came to asking out girls / women.
A lot of that hesitation came about due to the fear of rejection and possible embarrassment.

Worst part is that with some of them it has been many years since the incidents but I still have thoughts about some of these 'What If' moments.

I believe that it definitely gets more difficult as you get older.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope it works out for you.

Cavey said:
Sometimes, when I'm ill or lonely, I look back over my life and contemplate how things could have been different. I almost never regret the things I tried - even if they ended badly. What I do regret are the opportunities I never reached for; the things that passed me by.

+1 I agree so much here, I think we can all take this one to heart, I've missed out on lots of chances like this.

I guess you have to bite the bullet and tell her you like her, preferably in person though, online is easier but the personal touch would be best

Good luck:cool:

Latest posts

Back