New Painting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted to be able to draw and paint people. Not portraits but people doing things, on the beach or sitting in the park. But people seem really hard to do. And I don't practice because I get discouraged so easily...

Edward W said:
Wow - Thats awesome!!!

Well done!

Thanks Edward 'cake monster'W. Do you mean the painting or the clafoutis? I did the former but sadly not the latter..😹

jaguarundi said:
Edward W said:
Wow - Thats awesome!!!

Well done!

Thanks Edward 'cake monster'W. Do you mean the painting or the clafoutis? I did the former but sadly not the latter..😹

:D

Well mainly the painting, but I am always available to assist in cake removal!!! Escpecially cherry... mmmmm!

Littlesecret said:
jaguarundi said:
Well I wasn't what you might call brilliant to start with, and I still have things that don't succeed, for sure, lol!!😹 And I wish my style was different, it feels too cautious sometimes, but it just seems to come out that way.

But its one of those things with art, so many people think that everything you do has to be a masterpiece first off, and if it isn't they give up, which is a shame. I mean, it really doesn't work that way, does it? I say this a lot, but no-one would expect to play a Rachmaninoff piano concerto after 2 piano lessons so why do people expect to produce a Rembrandt at the first try? Just getting to grips with the medium itself and letting go of trying to draw it all on the canvas first, was a huge struggle in the beginning😹

So where are your paintings then, come on let's see them😸

That's very true, but while I was in college doing art I use to envy people that just had a natural flare for it!
It took me nearly a year to get the right balance of thinning and breaking down paint with linden oil and turps. I had so many oily messes to begin with lol.
Oh God, I have to say how brave you are putting your painting up, because I only do it for myself I never really let anyone really see them. I couldn't handle thought of criticism on them out of fear it would stop me doing it.

- Edit: linseed oil, bothered me that I written the wrong thing lol

Thanks ladies!

I am putting it, and a number of other paintings which I have already shown on ALL, up on the walls of the chateau restaurant next week.

Whilst I may not sell any, in fact I doubt it, I certainly won't if I just have them on the walls chez moi!

And Littlesecret - I knew what you meant! 😸

Wow....I'd only scrolled down half the page, and was ready to give you props just for the blurry, un-refined version, but when I saw the final draft, my jaw hit the ground like Wile E. Coyote! Nice work.

When I first opened the thread, I thought the under painting was the finished article - I wasn't going to comment because I thought it looked a bit unfinished. Doh. The actual finished painting is excellent. I've always wished I was a good artist, but I still struggle with stick people :(

Oh, and you're definitely thinking of 'Cool Whip' - Kool Aid is a flavoured powder that you mix with ungodly amounts of sugar and water and then collapse into a sugar induced coma upon consuming it. My ex-wife used to get boxes of it sent here. I have to be honest and admit that I was always quite partial to the grape flavoured one.

Thanks guys. The underpainting is indeed unfinished, the oil painting is built up over time on top of it.

Oh yes, and Cavey, I know better than to drink the kool-aid. Whatever the flavour, you don't drink the kool-aid.......😸

Latest posts

Back