Obsession with trivia...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IgnoredOne

Reaction score
Does anyone else here have an obsession with essentially trivia sites such as tvtropes, howstuffworks, or wikipedia? For some reason, I can start on any of those sites and become essentially lost for nearly hours just following topics even when I cannot parse its specific relevance to me.

There is a certain and simple joy in knowing, or even comprehending how others know a topic that I seem to adore. I can't be the only one.

Guilty as charged. Tvtropes is known for making people lose themselves for hours. I've also seen a few people on this forum say they often waste a lot of time on wikipedia.

I always check first some things from Wikipedia if I don't know something.

You're not alone. I often wonder how things work or figure out new innovations while spacing out. I'm also on Wikipedia a lot, and I love history.

IgnoredOne said:
Does anyone else here have an obsession with essentially trivia sites such as tvtropes, howstuffworks, or wikipedia? For some reason, I can start on any of those sites and become essentially lost for nearly hours just following topics even when I cannot parse its specific relevance to me.

There is a certain and simple joy in knowing, or even comprehending how others know a topic that I seem to adore. I can't be the only one.

No your not. I am one of those! :D

Latest posts

Back