OCD Issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
Okay, I posted this in a different thread, but for the first time I'm going to start a thread from an existing post, because this really worries me. And it IS an issue.

My OCD is leading to me obsessively cleaning my laptop screen. I know it's sparkly clean, but I have to give it another polish. I have polished it about 3 times just today with a microfiber cloth.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I get over this? For the longest time, it was my hands...now it's having my PC's clean.

This isn't a joke. I'm seriously worried about my mental health here.

It's more like I'm worried about dirt getting into the computer, but I think leaving it for one day is fine. It's an expensive laptop, which is probably why I'm doing it.

They have meds for that which are relatively mild. If you don't have an issue taking them, that is.
Otherwise, dealing with OCD or the tendencies can be very difficult and you have to constantly monitor your actions.
People who have severe OCD really do need to take medication to lessen the symptoms.
Im not a doctor of course, but I have the tendencies. It makes me great at my job however. :D
I used to have it pretty bad as a kid, but I sort of grew out of it (I hear that's pretty common).

I think the Klonopin is supposed to help with that, but apparently it isn't.

And when I was put on meds without a mood stabilizer when I was 14, I had full blown mania episodes. That's how they diagnosed my biPolar. I'm hesitant to take medication for OCD, because straightening things on the desk, cleaning my computer, and washing my hands, that kind of thing can be dealt with.

The troubling part is that, sometimes, I am obsessing about something that I can't even sleep until I do it. I'll be lying in bed, completely tired, and I'll have to get up and complete the task, because it can't wait till morning (at least in my mind.)

Hello LeaningIntoTheMuse, if you feel that your OCD is getting worse, it might be best to seek medical help to stop it from growing. I have OCD and have done since childhood, but it hasn't got worse, thankfully.

Latest posts

Back