Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outcast said:
^Yeah I just reached 26 and did the vault of glass with 5 other people. Needless to say we didn't get very far...

I'm 26 as well and the one person from work I've been playing with is 25. We probably won't attempt the raid this week, but maybe the next one. Neither of us really like to play with people we don't know and everyone else at work is playing on the One. It sucks that the raids and weekly strikes don't have matchmaking.

edgecrusher said:
Outcast said:
^Yeah I just reached 26 and did the vault of glass with 5 other people. Needless to say we didn't get very far...

I'm 26 as well and the one person from work I've been playing with is 25. We probably won't attempt the raid this week, but maybe the next one. Neither of us really like to play with people we don't know and everyone else at work is playing on the One. It sucks that the raids and weekly strikes don't have matchmaking.

Yeah I definitely agree that they need some sort of matchmaking for em. Who's gonna have 5 other people on their friends list that are willing to play and are the proper level at a moments notice. Best you can do is invite random people in the tower and hope they're decent. Not to mention raids are tough as it is, if you're under level or not geared very well you'll probably fail.

Outcast said:
Yeah I definitely agree that they need some sort of matchmaking for em. Who's gonna have 5 other people on their friends list that are willing to play and are the proper level at a moments notice. Best you can do is invite random people in the tower and hope they're decent. Not to mention raids are tough as it is, if you're under level or not geared very well you'll probably fail.

So I just tried the raid... and I know why they don't have matchmaking for it. It. Is. Ridiculous. We couldn't even get past the first part. We had two 26's, a 27, two 24's and a 23. Everyone except the 23 had at least half of their gear or more as legendary with a few exotics among us as well.

edgecrusher said:
Outcast said:

So I just tried the raid... and I know why they don't have matchmaking for it. It. Is. Ridiculous. We couldn't even get past the first part. We had two 26's, a 27, two 24's and a 23. Everyone except the 23 had at least half of their gear or more as legendary with a few exotics among us as well.

Lol right, we didn't even get the door open either, even though we came super close a few times. I think you have to all be at least 26 full legendary. That's what I am and I could hold my ring piece of cake, but the other two kept failing probably because they just needed better gear. I think theirs a bit of strategy to it too. Everyone takes one ring at a time but you really need to split into pairs, get into position and take all three at once quickly getting the door open. Those praetorians are a ***** lol.

tried to play Archeage recently... gave up after three days... the queues were enormous... finally uninstalled it... :(

Beat the raid in Destiny tonight. Took many tries on that boss but we finally did it. Stayed up too late but totally worth it.

beautiful loser said:
Rodent said:
Replayed Silent Hill: Origins after 3 years...it was almost like a new game since I had forgotten all paths and riddles.
Off topic, but Rodent is your avatar from Manhunt? If so, you are one demented *******...haha :p:D

It is...and yeah, I know I am. Demented enough to have played (and enjoyed) the second part as well. :p

To get back on track: Playing the first Far Cry again. Still incredibly difficult. In the meantime I keep myself busy with State Of Decay and Lifeless Planet.

Level 29 on destiny, starting to get burnt. Not much left to do after beating the Vault a couple times and all the level 28 stuff.

Anyway, I tried Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and it seems pretty fun, feels like a Lord of the Rings version of Assassins Creed.

Been playing through dark souls 2 again with a couple of friends, we were doing fight clubs and decided we wanted new builds :p Just beat the sinner (every boss so far is way easier than I remember, gotten them all solo first try) Tomorrow we're gonna pound through huntsmans copse and earthen peak, and hopefully beat the smelter demon in iron keep by the end of the day.

I'm in the middle of playing The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I'm trying to take breaks because I know it's only around 4 hours long. It's very atmospheric and one of the best looking games there has been thus far. If anyone is looking for something different from your usual FPS etc, then look it up... and if you haven't got a PC capable of playing it, then pick up the PS4 version in 2015.

Well I think Destiny has mostly run its course for me for now until some new content for it is released. So now do I want to play the other classes and max them out or do I want to play something else? Can't decide.

Playing this old horror game called System Shock. It's exactly what I'm looking for in a horror game. Can give a good fright, but no nightmares and can actually let me sleep.

Downloaded Kingdoms of Amalur on sale for $6.59. Going to give this a shot and hope it can kill a decent amount of time until Dragon Age Inquisition comes out.

There is a Dragon Age 2 that came out a couple years age and Dragon inquisition is the third and it comes out on November 18th. You will also be able to go onto their website and use an interactive motion comic thing called The Keep to make the decisions from the previous games to import your "world state" from the 2 previous games. Both the Warden you play in Origins and the Champion you play in 2 will make appearances in Inquisition. I can't wait.

Purchased on the Steam sale so far:
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Space Hack (for 19 cents, lol)
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Thought it was about time to get some more time killers. I'm just about played out on Divinity: Original Sin, but I might play through again on a harder difficulty in 2015. I'm stomping late game enemies on normal difficulty with two Knights, a Wayfarer, and a Wizard.

I just beat far cry 4, was a little let down by the ending. I read theres some more hidden endings, and those games are fun, but at a certain point it just feels like youre going geeze another outpost? lol Just kinda feels like a job more than fun, kinda like grinding in an mmo almost on a smaller scale. All in all though a good game if you like the series it was pretty fun.

@Tealeaf ~The Binding of Isaac is a fun little game, does a good job burning time especially if you like the rogue type feel of the game, I even have the DLC. I'd also recommend Don't Starve if you're into small arcade/indie games. Plus it's on sale.

I recently played Assassins Creed Unity and honestly haven't liked it much. The story has gone downhill and makes no sense at all anymore. Not to mention all the armor upgrades you can purchase are unbelievably ugly. Also, the fact that to unlock certain chests you have to download an app is pretty ridiculous.

Outcast said:
@Tealeaf ~The Binding of Isaac is a fun little game, does a good job burning time especially if you like the rogue type feel of the game, I even have the DLC. I'd also recommend Don't Starve if you're into small arcade/indie games. Plus it's on sale.

I think I saw that in the tags and decided to go for it, considering that it was under a buck and I'd heard it mentioned on another forum. Arcade = platformer?

Latest posts

Back