Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hey, kids! Do you know what's more fun than playing with toys? Setting them on fire!"

Literally the whole point of Little Inferno. This "advertisement" in the game has scarred me for life.
[video=youtube]

Tealeaf said:
"Hey, kids! Do you know what's more fun than playing with toys? Setting them on fire!"

Literally the whole point of Little Inferno. This "advertisement" in the game has scarred me for life.

I remember watching a let's play of this a while back and yea it's creepy, hadn't seen the trailer until now which is even creepier in my opinion.

Has anyone tried out Hand of Fate? It's a mix of a card game, choose-your-own-adventure, and Arkham-style brawler with a pretty slick presentation. It's getting good feedback as well.
[video=youtube]

Tealeaf said:

I played through that its actually a really fun little game its got a decent storyline to it too believe it or not. The creepiness is what actually attracted me to it lol, i like weird games like that.

Katerina said:
Has anyone tried out Hand of Fate? It's a mix of a card game, choose-your-own-adventure, and Arkham-style brawler with a pretty slick presentation. It's getting good feedback as well.

Yeah ive got it on steam, its a great game has a lot of replay value to it. Its one of those games thats fun to sit down for a couple hours and play then come back to later. If youre on the fence about it, get it im sure you wont regret it. You basically build your deck up, then the guy whatever hes called's deck and as you go through i guess yould call it chapters you unlock new cards and theres shops in the game too that appear at random so you can buy items so it makes it like an RPG. Its a pretty original distinct little game i like it alot.

I played through this the other day its a really great game. Sort of like a life simulator with a storyline. If you get a chance definitely check it out. Unless youre a total graphics whore hound youll enjoy it. If youre a graphics whore then put your big boy panties on and try it anyway.....:club:

[video=youtube]

I finished 'Hitman: Absolution' and I really enjoyed the trip - though the final level proved to be a lot easier than I expected. Maybe I'll do another playthrough in a more "aggressive" playstyle soon. I was quite the Silent Assassin on my first try.

So many new things to play. I think I'm gonna start with the Kane & Lynch double-pack I bought recently. Or I'll continue with the old 'Shadow Man' game.

Rodent said:
I finished 'Hitman: Absolution' and I really enjoyed the trip - though the final level proved to be a lot easier than I expected. Maybe I'll do another playthrough in a more "aggressive" playstyle soon. I was quite the Silent Assassin on my first try.

So many new things to play. I think I'm gonna start with the Kane & Lynch double-pack I bought recently. Or I'll continue with the old 'Shadow Man' game.

I loved Hitman: Absolution too. I've played through each level many times and in many different ways. It's strange because most people who started playing with the original Codename 47 despise Absolution - I don't really see what the problem is.

I loved Shadowman too, but I played that like 15 years ago on the Dreamcast. I don't remember much except for picking up loads of blue/white orbs (souls?) and the biblical quote "They call us Legion, for we are many".

I also have Hand of Fate and Always Sometimes Monsters, but they're part of my ridiculous 800 game Steam backlog...

As for my recent gaming? There isn't any! What with fixing up the house, physiotherapy twice a week, hours of physio exercises at home each day and attempting to earn money, I've had no time for one of my oldest pastimes :/

800 game backlog? Wow! Must be those Steam sales ;) Hoep you get a little free time soon user 130057.

I'm definitely interested in Hand of Fate, it's more of a should I wait and hope for a sale before I get it. Plus I'll have to check how good our PC is. I've also got my eye on Darkest Dungeon which is currently in early access.

I've played through Always Sometimes Monsters but unfortunately it really didn't do anything for me. Maybe it's because I'm too much of a 'do-gooder' in games but it's probably one of the few games I've played and haven't enjoyed. Plus the minigames in it are terrible! lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it Shadetree, I know a lot of people have.

Katerina said:
800 game backlog? Wow! Must be those Steam sales ;)

Well, truth be told, it's probably more like 700 on Steam and the rest on uPlay and Origin, but it's still ridiculous. What with Humble Bundle, Bundlestars, Indie Gala, Stream Sales and gem auctions, I just can't resist. :/

It could be worse, there's a dude I know with 2400 games on Steam and I think he's actually played about 10 of them!

Playing a game called Blood Bowl. Basically football chess in a fantasy world where injuring and killing the players is more or less expected. A player can even be killed by accidentally tripping from running too far.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Playing a game called Blood Bowl. Basically football chess in a fantasy world where injuring and killing the players is more or less expected. A player can even be killed by accidentally tripping from running too far.

I spent many years playing the tabletop version of Blood Bowl. I had a huge amount of teams, but Skaven will always be the best - those things could run and avoid tackles for days. I kept a token Treeman around just for laughs.

user 130057 said:
Mr Seal The Albatros said:

I spent many years playing the tabletop version of Blood Bowl. I had a huge amount of teams, but Skaven will always be the best - those things could run and avoid tackles for days. I kept a token Treeman around just for laughs.

Ooh! Chaos teams were always my faves. I guess I just love the fightier ones. :D

Anyone know there stuff when it comes to system specs?

I just checked mine against Hand of Fate and apparently my graphics card isn't supported yet somehow meets the recommended requirements for pixel shaders, vertex shaders, as well as dedicated RAM. So I'm really not sure if it would work or not. It's a HD Radeon 6450.

I have Blood Bowl but never was able to figure it out :/ Probably because I don't know football. One of those days I should give it an other try.

Katerina said:

I just checked mine against Hand of Fate and apparently my graphics card isn't supported yet somehow meets the recommended requirements for pixel shaders, vertex shaders, as well as dedicated RAM. So I'm really not sure if it would work or not. It's a HD Radeon 6450.

A 6450 was an entry-level card when it was released 3-4 years ago and as such is quite a long way down the AMD hierarchy charts - it's certainly far weaker than either the GTS 260 or the 4850 which are listed in the minimum requirements, so it could be a struggle.

What resolution are you wanting to play it at and are you wanting to play it at the highest detail levels or just get it running? What FPS are you happy with?

user 130057 said:
Katerina said:

A 6450 was an entry-level card when it was released 3-4 years ago and as such is quite a long way down the AMD hierarchy charts - it's certainly far weaker than either the GTS 260 or the 4850 which are listed in the minimum requirements, so it could be a struggle.

What resolution are you wanting to play it at and are you wanting to play it at the highest detail levels or just get it running? What FPS are you happy with?

Not that bothered about how good things look and as long as the FPS isn't chugging and stuttering along I'm not too bothered. The card came with the PC so maybe it's worth a small upgrade if it's really run terribly. If you think so and have any card suggestions I'll be all ears. :)

Katerina said:
user 130057 said:
Katerina said:

Not that bothered about how good things look and as long as the FPS isn't chugging and stuttering along I'm not too bothered. The card came with the PC so maybe it's worth a small upgrade if it's really run terribly. If you think so and have any card suggestions I'll be all ears. :)

To be perfectly honest, it would probably run quite badly even at reasonably low settings. I had a look to see if I had anything comparatively similar to a 6450 and the only thing that came near it was the integrated HD 4700 graphics on my CPU chip - that's not a good sign.

I'd be happy to give you advice on a upgrade, but you'd have to let me know what types of games you're likely to play, how much you're willing to spend and whether your case has space for a full size PCI-E graphics card.

user 130057 said:
To be perfectly honest, it would probably run quite badly even at reasonably low settings. I had a look to see if I had anything comparatively similar to a 6450 and the only thing that came near it was the integrated HD 4700 graphics on my CPU chip - that's not a good sign.

I'd be happy to give you advice on a upgrade, but you'd have to let me know what types of games you're likely to play, how much you're willing to spend and whether your case has space for a full size PCI-E graphics card.

That's a shame. It's my parents' PC so it's not really built for gaming I'd just like to use it for the odd game. The only PC games I've got my eye at the moment are this and Darkest Dungeon. I'm not looking to run AAA games on it like, say, the upcoming Witcher 3 (though I'll probably get that at some point just not for this PC). So as long as it can run these relatively simple games that would be fine.

As I didn't order the PC I'm not sure on the specs, I think I remember it having space for PCI-E cards but I will check and get back to you.

Katerina said:
user 130057 said:

That's a shame. It's my parents' PC so it's not really built for gaming I'd just like to use it for the odd game. The only PC games I've got my eye at the moment are this and Darkest Dungeon. I'm not looking to run AAA games on it like, say, the upcoming Witcher 3 (though I'll probably get that at some point just not for this PC). So as long as it can run these relatively simple games that would be fine.

As I didn't order the PC I'm not sure on the specs, I think I remember it having space for PCI-E cards but I will check and get back to you.

You might want to check the size of the PSU too if it's a pre-built, general purpose computer. A lot of general use computers are provided with woefully inadequate power supplies, so that may limit the cards available to choose from.

Having said this, you're not looking for anything earth shattering, so you should be OK. I just don't want to recommend something that you cannot possibly power.

user 130057 said:
You might want to check the size of the PSU too if it's a pre-built, general purpose computer. A lot of general use computers are provided with woefully inadequate power supplies, so that may limit the cards available to choose from.

Having said this, you're not looking for anything earth shattering, so you should be OK. I just don't want to recommend something that you cannot possibly power.

Having looked up the specs you're totally right about the powersupply and its definitely an issue with this PC as it's limited to 300watts. It does support full-sized PCI but that's all its got going for it lol. It's a Dell Inspirion 620.

Katerina said:
user 130057 said:

Having looked up the specs you're totally right about the powersupply and its definitely an issue with this PC as it's limited to 300watts. It does support full-sized PCI but that's all its got going for it lol. It's a Dell Inspirion 620.

I'll send you a PM with some info. It's easier than typing everything here and it won't bore the pants off everyone else ;)

----

I've been playing Dust and the Battlefield 4 campaign. I've been putting both off for years.

Battlefield 4 is the standard crap I've come to expect over the years, but I have to admit that it looks pretty good, has some decent set-pieces and it manages to keep a solid 60fps at 1440p.

Dust is much better than I thought it was when I originally bought it on the Xbox 360. I don't know why, because it doesn't look much better and it doesn't require any power to run, but it just seemed to click with me this time.

Latest posts

Back