Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Locke said:
Just thought I'd mention that Torchlight is free on gog.com until June 20th. Its a pretty good little Diablo clone, well worth the download if anyone here likes that type of game.

That and the newest Humble Bundle will keep me busy for a while.

edgecrusher said:
Locke said:
Think I'll start XCOM: Enemy Unknown tonight.

i really want to try that. ill have to download the demo to see if its something worth buying eventually.

Its pretty cool. I suck at it though, and the perma-death is making me want to quit. Nothing like investing hours into a character and having him die. I might have to start over on easy.

i almost always play on easy. i play more for the story/experience than the challenge. its not fun to keep replaying the same part a bunch of times to me.

edgecrusher said:
Locke said:
Just thought I'd mention that Torchlight is free on gog.com until June 20th. Its a pretty good little Diablo clone, well worth the download if anyone here likes that type of game.

That and the newest Humble Bundle will keep me busy for a while.

edgecrusher said:
Locke said:
Think I'll start XCOM: Enemy Unknown tonight.

i really want to try that. ill have to download the demo to see if its something worth buying eventually.

Its pretty cool. I suck at it though, and the perma-death is making me want to quit. Nothing like investing hours into a character and having him die. I might have to start over on easy.

i almost always play on easy. i play more for the story/experience than the challenge. its not fun to keep replaying the same part a bunch of times to me.

But thats the fun part lol, i remember playing KH2 newbastion i think it was where you had to fight Sephiroth, for hours trying to be him on Pride mode( i think thats name kh version of hard diff) but in the end i did it. And let me tell you it was flippin impossible, it was very rewarding but made the rest of the game hella easy:/

ScruffyMcFly said:
But thats the fun part lol, i remember playing KH2 newbastion i think it was where you had to fight Sephiroth, for hours trying to be him on Pride mode( i think thats name kh version of hard diff) but in the end i did it. And let me tell you it was flippin impossible, it was very rewarding but made the rest of the game hella easy:/

lol, i used to kind of think like that. but then i realized i didnt really care. i wont use it for bragging rights or anything so i figure why bother? it seems like the older i get the less i care about something like that. im just here to enjoy good stories i guess.

edgecrusher said:
ScruffyMcFly said:

lol, i used to kind of think like that. but then i realized i didnt really care. i wont use it for bragging rights or anything so i figure why bother? it seems like the older i get the less i care about something like that. im just here to enjoy good stories i guess.

I'm somewhere in between. I like a good challenge, but if its so hard that it stops being fun, I'll move on.

I downloaded the original Crysis on XBL for $5 and beat it. Never played it before and even though it's 5 years old it still looks amazing, like it came out this year. Next will be Crysis 2 and then 3.

^ Great game, edgecrusher. I haven't played the third one, but Crysis 2 is also fun.

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore games for a while, but Alice: Madness Returns and Ratchet & Clank Collection were on sale dirt cheap, and I couldn't resist.

^ Yea that's been happening to me a lot lately too, lol. I have also purchased several DLCs because they were on sale, as well as the latest walking dead episode, 400 days.

Started playing The Witcher 2....this game is awesome. Wish they wouldn't have cancelled putting the first one on consoles. It reminds me of Dragon Age in a way. I'll definitely be giving it a second playthru.

I started playing Crimson Gem Saga on my PSP today. It's a good JRPG, with hand drawn visuals/sprites, some voice acting and a fairly entertaining story. I wish they would make more games like this for consoles.

I'm trying to get into Borderlands 2 again but the frame rate drops keep pissing me off, so I quit. I have two GTX 680s running in SLI and neither GPUs ever reach full usage. I think the game is just poorly optimized, especially the PhysX portion of it.

Still playing Witcher 2. I'm really close to the end. I think when I'm done I'm going to play it again and make all the opposite choices to see what the story is like that way.

edgecrusher said:
Still playing Witcher 2. I'm really close to the end. I think when I'm done I'm going to play it again and make all the opposite choices to see what the story is like that way.

Does the story still make sense if you haven't played the first Witcher?

Just got Armored Core V, lets see if it sucks me in anything like the hallowed Chromehounds...

I just finished Virtue's Last Reward on the 3DS with the true ending. Stunning game. It's nice to play something with an intelligent, well thought out plot line rather than the gaming equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster. I also played far too much Injustice: Gods Among Us online.

Playing Vindictus for quite a few hours a day and getting bored with High level raiding and farming. A new event just started that rewards new members so Im levelling a new character to take a break. Its good fun and I get to play on the same level as my brothers again.

The only thing i play right now is Plants vs. Zombies but it's already the 3rd time i started it from level 1-1

I'm still playing Dragon Age Origins. It's been a while and I feel like the first time I played it again. I love these games. I also was able to get the Stone Prisoner DLC for free. Normally it came with the pass from when the game first came out so I never was able to get it unless I wanted to pay $15(which I didn't, lol). But when EA dropped online passes it made the content that came with them free for some games. Another noteable one is the Cerberus Network pass for Mass Effect 2 which gives access to several DLCs. I already had that one though.

Latest posts

Back