Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
^Is it good?

The atmosphere and environments are good and look good. The story is ok. But the gameplay and some of the voice acting is....meh. I played about half of it and haven't gone back to it yet. I'll finish it this week sometime but it's not the type of thing I'll play again to get more achievements out of.

I just finished Outlast. I played the entire thing after midnight and in complete darkness - there's also a storm outside for added atmosphere. It wasn't as 'scary' as I was led to believe, but it certainly had a few jumpy moments and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I played it on the PC, but it's free on PS+ this month for any PS4 owners out there...

Playing episode 2 of:

the-wolf-among-us-review.jpg

lonelyfairy said:
I tried The Elder Scross Beta Stress test and it was good! :>

Really? I intended to try it, but things came up and I didn't get the chance, but I do know quite a few people that played it extensively and the general consensus was that it is mediocre at best.

I'm still hoping that they will have another test, so that I get the chance to experience it for myself and form my own opinion.

-------

I've just finished Bioshock Infinite and I thought that all in all it was a very good game with an excellent storyline. I could have done with marginally less combat and a more interesting first third of the game, but the last third was so good that I am willing to forgive it.

Cavey said:
lonelyfairy said:
I tried The Elder Scross Beta Stress test and it was good! :>

Really? I intended to try it, but things came up and I didn't get the chance, but I do know quite a few people that played it extensively and the general consensus was that it is mediocre at best.

I'm still hoping that they will have another test, so that I get the chance to experience it for myself and form my own opinion.

I tried it for first time and I liked it. Finally got a chance. :) Yeah, I think it was medicore too but I love the Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) games so I liked it from the perspective of ''roleplaying''. Very good voice actors I think and the music was so beautiful. It was ''illegal'' to talk about own experiences about the game but now they lifted the NDA or something http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/14/the-beta-nda-has-lifted (at least it wasn't acceptable to share own screenshots from the stress test beta before for example).

I hope for the new test too, it was cool. :) Hopefully better luck next time!

Probably going to play the DLC for Dead Space 2 before I move on to playing Dead Space 3 all the way through with a co-op partner.

I'm attempting to get the last achievement I need for Mass Effect. Asari Ally. I've done everything I can possibly do before the final mission except one of the DLC's and it STILL hasn't unlocked. If I don't get it(again) I will punch a baby.

I'd love to have anything to report, but my game related activities lately have gone something like this...

New 780 ti delivered. Oh dear, it's faulty. Wait for replacement...

Another 780 ti delivered. Oh dear, it's been damaged in transit. Wait for replacement.

Yet another 780 ti delivered... but not to me - you've sent the bloody thing to Wigtown in Scotland!

I finally got the time to take part in an Elder Scrolls Online beta event. It's doesn't share much in common with the other Elder Scrolls games other than the environments and the lore - it also starts out very linear. You're basically locked in each zone until you complete a set of quests and then you are moved to another zone, so there's no real exploring to be done during the early game. Everything is extremely easy and everyone plays like it's a single player game rather than an MMO.

Once you reach the third zone, things start to open up a bit and the whole experience becomes much more enjoyable. The mobs get much harder and you can die quite easily if you don't have any back up. Mounts get introduced into the game and the zone is MUCH larger than the areas you spend the first few hours playing in.

All in all, I enjoyed it, but I don't know how much I'd enjoy it if I had to pay to play. I might still give it a go though.

Almost done with Fable Anniversary. Bought Fable II for $3 and Fable III for $5 so I will probably be playing those next.

Not too long ago I was playing Mario Kart 7 on my 3DS, almost done with 100cc cups.

Finally attempting Insanity for Mass Effect 2. Instead of Insanity I think the hardest difficulty should be called Dark Souls.

I drove a load of tyres from Carlisle to Amsterdam while listening to 181fm. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is strangely addictive.

Working on getting my Hound of Balthazar on Guild Wars. Just have to stop finding other things to spend my gold zaishen coins on...

Finished the Burial at Sea DLC for Bioshock Infinite. All I can say is... full circle. What a great series.

Just played The Wold Among Us Episode 3. Each episode gets better and better.

Latest posts

Back