One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Positive things that didn't happen today but over the summer:

- reinstalled Windows on 2 non-booting laptops. it wouldn't be complicated for anyone who has done it before, all I did was Google the steps and do them, but since it was my first time and I didn't really know how it would turn out, and i don't feel like a very tech-savvy person, I felt it was an accomplishment for me to do the steps correctly.

- I'm consistently running 3 miles every other day or so and almost always under a half hour, or under 10 minute pace. I haven't lost all of what I want to get rid of but I've definitely lost some weight, I look better in the mirror, my shirts feel better, and I don't feel bloated and weighed down like I did last summer.

and today:

tested and got certified in Excel 2016. not only did i pass, but I aced the test. feels good to finally get a real job qualification after not having any in such a long time.

TheSkaFish said:
Positive things that didn't happen today but over the summer:

- reinstalled Windows on 2 non-booting laptops.  it wouldn't be complicated for anyone who has done it before, all I did was Google the steps and do them, but since it was my first time and I didn't really know how it would turn out, and i don't feel like a very tech-savvy person, I felt it was an accomplishment for me to do the steps correctly.

- I'm consistently running 3 miles every other day or so and almost always under a half hour, or under 10 minute pace.  I haven't lost all of what I want to get rid of but I've definitely lost some weight, I look better in the mirror, my shirts feel better, and I don't feel bloated and weighed down like I did last summer.

and today:

tested and got certified in Excel 2016.  not only did i pass, but I aced the test.  feels good to finally get a real job qualification after not having any in such a long time.

Wow! Good job!!!! It's nice to hear about success stories on here!

Finished said:
Wow! Good job!!!! It's nice to hear about success stories on here!

Thanks, but I can't get too cocky or too relaxed - I have to go right back to studying again so I can get my other qualifications paid for, in time.  And the material is harder.  I only have til Oct 1, I'm not out of the woods yet.

Hey your on the right track forum friend and all you have to do is keep it going--lol lol That's the hard part..Tell me I thought excel was outdated is this true. Its nice you passed that course just for the knowledge of it but do not they have other courses more in today's offerings--I just do not know...Sure love your determination and best wishes in regard to your goals skafish....

priscella said:
Hey your on the right track forum friend and all you have to do is keep it going--lol lol That's the hard part..Tell me I thought excel was outdated is this true. Its nice you passed that course just for the knowledge of it but do not they have other courses more in today's offerings--I just do not know...Sure love your determination and best wishes in regard to your goals skafish....

As far as I know, Excel is still used quite widely. In fact, I even hear that a lot of businesses use older versions of it out of not needing/not wanting to spend the money on upgrading. That might change as the newer versions add more features and shift to a subscription-based model though, instead of it being something you just buy one time per machine.

Even though I know you're not here anymore, thanks for cheering me on.

Passed my Access certification today. This one was a lot harder, but I made it through by the skin of my teeth. Still, a pass is a pass and that's all anyone will see on my resume. I'm just glad I made it, it was stressing me out all month.

I'll have to make a better plan for next time.

I managed to get a sketch finished today. Since I'm back to coursework, I have a lot less time to draw and my output is a lot slower (and it was already pretty slow). So it's nice when I get the time to really focus on a drawing rather than just doodling to get my daily practice in.

I kept my cool, didn't act needy, and got the reply I was waiting for. I was feeling kind of anxious/sad about it and thought I was getting ignored. But that turned out not to be the case - after all, I should know, I am the king of replying late.

Anyway, not freaking out is the way to go!

I had a great chat today. And left feeling like I was both understood and excited for more.

Went to the store dressed cute-ish (I think). Got my share of stares but hey, at least I'm getting used to it.
(Excuse the messy bathroom.)
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
dPtR9Mn.png
[/font]

I finished a song today, shared it with a few people and they liked it. I feel motivated to keep going.

After months of navigating the medical system I finally got my appointment for electrolysis on my face. No more straggly beard hairs!

Took my car for an oil change.

Only about a year or so overdue... poor car.

Ran my fastest 5K time since taking a 2 month break (26:36), so I'm almost back to where I was before that.

It was also the second-fastest time I've run since high school. After that I followed up with push-ups, sit-ups and other ab exercises.

I feel better, and I'm getting faster, but I only notice a slight change in my looks, even though I was running a fair amount through most of last year. My main goal isn't even to go fast, I just try to work harder because it burns more calories. I just want to get rid of this stomach fat once and for all.

I thought I read somewhere that lifting was actually better than running for losing weight, but covid shut the gyms down, and I can't afford it, so I run because it's all I can do and even if it's not the best solution, it's better than nothing. I just hope this is actually doing something though.

Latest posts

Back