One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today, but yesterday - did my first weeding of the year and cleaned the yard of garbage. Probably going to do my first mow next weekend.

Although I don't think I'd want to do it for a living, I like yardwork sometimes cause it's almost soothing in a way.

TheSkaFish said:
Not today, but yesterday - did my first weeding of the year and cleaned the yard of garbage.  Probably going to do my first mow next weekend.

Although I don't think I'd want to do it for a living, I like yardwork sometimes cause it's almost soothing in a way.

Well, there's two acres of soothing yard work at my house whenever you want. lol

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
Not today, but yesterday - did my first weeding of the year and cleaned the yard of garbage.  Probably going to do my first mow next weekend.

Well, there's two acres of soothing yard work at my house whenever you want. lol

Hahaha. Well, do you have one of those riding mowers? Part of me has always wanted to try one, but I haven't had the chance.

That's a big yard though. I like big yards...I definitely like having my own personal space.

Measured my waist today. Last time I was at 39.5", just barely under the limit for being overweight for men. But today I measured and I was at 37" and some change. It's not that big of a drop but it is improvement nonetheless, and it's proof that what I'm doing is working towards my goal - especially because I haven't made any other major changes, so there probably isn't any other explanation.

My shirts have been feeling looser, better-fitting also. But now I know that it isn't just wishful thinking.

I just have to stay consistent now.

TheRealCallie said:
I have a nice sized zero turn riding mower. lol

I just looked up what a zero turn riding mower is...it's different from the ones that look like mini tractors. Actually it looks more go-kart like. Wouldn't mind trying it, lol.

TheRealCallie said:
Congrats on the new measurements

Thanks, I just hope I can keep it up. I can't wait until I have no trace of a pot belly at all. Then I'll be comfortable going shirtless.

Got 26:06 on my 5K today - finally beat my old PR of 26:30 from October last year. On my way to my goal of getting into the 25 minute range. Good to be making progress, but I'm more hoping this translates to more fat burned, more than anything else.

Selling plants at my local car boot that I grew myself. Chatting to random people/customers is so easy now. I was so shy and retiring when I started five years ago cant believe the positive change in me ,about time too.

Glad to hear it... positive change is good. I was just speaking to a good neighbor of mine, making sure she stays hydrated in this hot weather. 

I ate a good breakfast today, the same breakfast I meant to cook yesterday or the day before: fried eggs & sausage on cheese toast, everything smothered with country gravy, lol. Not exactly health food---my friends and I call this kind of meal a 'cholesterol feast.' However, I did use Dave's Killer Bread with 21 grains, so that boosted the nutritional value a bit. I don't eat this kind of breakfast very often either, usually I drink fruit smoothies or have some cereal or yogurt.

I only ate half the breakfast plate too, since the food was so rich. I do this more often nowadays, since I'm not as active as I was in my youth. Back then, I could power down plate after plate of food and never gain an ounce of fat, I'd just burn it all off, but nowadays my metabolism is slower and I simply eat until I'm satisfied, putting the rest away as leftovers to make another meal. No worries, it'll keep in the fridge...

I guess you could call it "self-control"---I just don't wanna be overly full in this hot weather, though I am indoors in the A/C. If I ate the way I used to eat years ago, I'd get fat pronto, lol. Too many calories, ya know? So I hold back a bit and that helps, aye? And I'm certainly full enough, now that I've done the dishes and I'm relaxing. Probably read a good book here shortly, just taking it easy today. Quiet time with the cats is always quality time, lol. Cheers!!!

Sidewinder said:
Glad to hear it... positive change is good. I was just speaking to a good neighbor of mine, making sure she stays hydrated in this hot weather. 

I ate a good breakfast today, the same breakfast I meant to cook yesterday or the day before: fried eggs & sausage on cheese toast, everything smothered with country gravy, lol. Not exactly health food---my friends and I call this kind of meal a 'cholesterol feast.' However, I did use Dave's Killer Bread with 21 grains, so that boosted the nutritional value a bit. I don't eat this kind of breakfast very often either, usually I drink fruit smoothies or have some cereal or yogurt.

I only ate half the breakfast plate too, since the food was so rich. I do this more often nowadays, since I'm not as active as I was in my youth. Back then, I could power down plate after plate of food and never gain an ounce of fat, I'd just burn it all off, but nowadays my metabolism is slower and I simply eat until I'm satisfied, putting the rest away as leftovers to make another meal. No worries, it'll keep in the fridge...

I guess you could call it "self-control"---I just don't wanna be overly full in this hot weather, though I am indoors in the A/C. If I ate the way I used to eat years ago, I'd get fat pronto, lol. Too many calories, ya know? So I hold back a bit and that helps, aye? And I'm certainly full enough, now that I've done the dishes and I'm relaxing. Probably read a good book here shortly, just taking it easy today. Quiet time with the cats is always quality time, lol. Cheers!!!

Thanks Sidewinder..just wanted to put it out there that Social anxiety can be beaten just need to take the first step.I'm half way there but it don't arf feel great :)

I did not kill anyone. :D yay me!

It was HARD. But, I won't be going to prison... today.

Whew!

Fed Fathead, a scruffy ol' tomcat who most likely was abandoned when some wanker moved away... he's not a bad ol' cat, a bit ornery at times, but I want him to know that at least one human being on this planet cares about him, aye? Here's Fathead, note "dueling scar" on ear... hmm, guess I have to add attachments. Anyway, this ol' guy looks the way I feel sometimes, lol, but we get along alright, he likes having me pet him, loves having his chin and the sides of his face rubbed. Lemme see if I can get these shots into the mix...

View attachment 3View attachment 4View attachment 6View attachment 7View attachment 8

Attachments

• IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 5
Haha, Finished, you funneh... round here, cats rate higher than most humans, a sad reflection upon the rotten human race, lol.  ;) 

And ol' Fathead, he's welcome here, I want him to know that at least one white desert ape cares about him, lol. Poor ol' guy has seen some honeysuckle in his time, same way I have, so I'm on a mission to look after him while he's still alive.   :cool:

He ain't such a bad cat, he might look like 40 miles of bad road but he has a big heart... he's a real scrapper too, a tough sonofab!tch, so I also admire him for that quality, lol. He reminds me of ME, if ya catch my drift...  :rolleyes:

OKAY, I'M BACK TO MY ENTERTAINMENT ON THE 65" CURVED SCREEN, Y'ALL BE GOOD AND HANG LOOSE... CHEERS!!!   :club:

Latest posts

Back