Online Dating?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Canadian women have a certain something. I don't mind American ones either, but they have to be smart. :)

Canada is like a northern Australia.

TheLoadedDog said:
Yes, Canadian women have a certain something.   I don't mind American ones either, but they have to be smart.  :)

Canada is like a northern Australia.

You know, I find it funny often enough to see how that's true. We even share some common ancestry (lots of french canadians deported to Australia couple hundred years ago, I read). Especially considering we're literally on the other side of the world ;-)

Though I'm kind of disappointed in canadian people recently. Seems more and more people, at least in Montreal, are getting Americanized. Couldn't date a wannabe Kardashian with a gun to my head lol. I feel like society is getting a lot shallower than it used to be (no offense to my American friends intended, but we always viewed you guys as a bit more artificial, generally, than us. Which may or may not be unfair)

Muse said:
Does anyone else find online dating incredibly frustrating?

It depends, on first place which dating sites you are picking and what are you real intentions, for example, don't use hookup sites or apps if you looking for real date/partner not just for sex, and opposite. People often use Tinder and than talk about that they don't have luck with dating, Tinder is for hookups not for dating, simply try to pick right places where you are looking for girlfriend / boyfriend/ whatever...

I've had success. I've been dating a guy for a year and a half online and he's moving across the USA to live closer to me. We're both hoping someday that we can live with each other and get married when we're both more financially stable.

I met him on a website that wasn't focused on dating, one that was more interest based. Sometimes I wonder if people would have more success trying to date people on websites based around their interests instead of eharmony or something like that.

TheLoadedDog said:
But I have met two partners online.  Just not dating sites, but friendships that developed.

hooooly honeysuckle. There's someone else besides me who lets FRIENDSHIPS DEVELOP and turn into romantic things. Honestly, I usually don't go out and think "oh I'm going on a date with this guy" I think, "oh I'm going to talk to my friend," and sometimes when that happens we both get interested in each other romantically. That's kind of why I never used a dating website... I didn't need it.

If I understand you correctly, we both think this way. Right?

Nabbit said:
I've had success. I've been dating a guy for a year and a half online and he's moving across the USA to live closer to me. We're both hoping someday that we can live with each other and get married when we're both more financially stable.

I met him on a website that wasn't focused on dating, one that was more interest based. Sometimes I wonder if people would have more success trying to date people on websites based around their interests instead of eharmony or something like that.

TheLoadedDog said:
But I have met two partners online.  Just not dating sites, but friendships that developed.

hooooly honeysuckle. There's someone else besides me who lets FRIENDSHIPS DEVELOP and turn into romantic things. Honestly, I usually don't go out and think "oh I'm going on a date with this guy" I think, "oh I'm going to talk to my friend," and sometimes when that happens we both get interested in each other romantically. That's kind of why I never used a dating website... I didn't need it.

I try to do that too =P Sadly I have a penis so it doesn't seem as effective for me.

kamya said:
I try to do that too =P Sadly I have a penis so it doesn't seem as effective for me.

I mean, my boyfriend has a penis too and he was able to do it.

Nabbit said:
kamya said:

I mean, my boyfriend has a penis too and he was able to do it.

Mhmm and Joe Blow played the lottery every day and eventually won so I guess I should invest in lottery tickets too =P

As an owner of a vagina I'm sure you understand how much easier it is for you to have your pick right?

kamya said:
As an owner of a vagina I'm sure you understand how much easier it is for you to have your pick right?

No, I've actually never heard of that.

Please, tell me how easy my life is socializing with other men because of my pussy, oh knowledgeable anon hailing from the internet. I'm really dying to hear.

There is no real need to explain. It is a pretty well known and accepted phenomenon. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to convince the willfully ignorant.

Congratulations on your success.

Depends on which sites you go to, I think. My brother met his ex in an online game. I think you're underestimating yourself kamya.

kaetic said:
Depends on which sites you go to, I think. My brother met his ex in an online game. I think you're underestimating yourself kamya.

I'm not underestimating anything. =P This has just been my experience. Same experience as the vast majority of men out there. Start out as friends = stay friends. I wish I could say it wasn't the way things are but it is.

Gonna have to go way back for this one.

they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg

Nabbit said:

Didn't need it because there were lot more options to start with. Plenty of single men out there willing to venture a platonic connection without any fear or suspicion of you or your motives. Not so for us.

The Nice Guy label is just about ubiquitous now, we get slammed for asking a friend out or going into friendships with any such hopes.

I think it's the guys who obsess about "nice guys" and "women have it easier" and this and that and whatever else you have said in the past that have issues with dating.
Seriously, stop obsessing, stop overthinking, stop thinking women are the devil (Okay, fine, some of us are, but that's not the point here...) and just relax and have fun. Take chances and see where honeysuckle goes.

Correlation without cause.
"I say the guys who have science fiction as a hobby have issues in dating. I know this because everyone I know follow this pattern".
You see how it doesn't make sense?

kamya said:
There is no real need to explain. It is a pretty well known and accepted phenomenon. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to convince the willfully ignorant.

Congratulations on your success.

So basically, you can't back up your claims. Noted.

Xpendable said:
Correlation without cause.
"I say the guys who have science fiction as a hobby have issues in dating. I know this because everyone I now have this pattern".
You see how it doesn't make sense?

But no, it does have cause.  When someone obsesses about something so much, when they refuse to see something may not be the way they think it is.  When they keep going on and on about the same thing, it WILL impact your life, usually in a negative way, depending on what you are obsessing about.  You can't expect to accomplish much if you are continually playing the victim.

Being told to take chances by people who've never had to take said chances. Par for the course.

ardour said:
Being told to take chances by people who've never had to take said chances. Par for the course.

Is this directed at me?  Pretty sure I've taken chances in my life, even with dating and whatnot.  Everyone gets rejected at some point in their lives, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.  Doesn't really matter if you've had luck dating or not, everyone takes chances and deals with rejection.

TheRealCallie said:
I think it's the guys who obsess about "nice guys" and "women have it easier" and this and that and whatever else you have said in the past that have issues with dating.  
Seriously, stop obsessing, stop overthinking, stop thinking women are the devil (Okay, fine, some of us are, but that's not the point here...) and just relax and have fun. Take chances and see where honeysuckle goes.

Chances have been taken. honeysuckle doesn't GO anywhere. :)

I don't really believe all of the "nice guys" crap or that "women are the devil" but women definitely have it easier when it comes to this. It's not really something that can be argued. It's interesting that those concepts are conveniently lumped together to try to paint a certain picture though. 

You can literally sit back and do nothing and have men coming to you while you wait around to pick and choose one that you deem worthy of a chance. Of course it would seem "relaxing and fun" to you.

Then you can be like "Oh hey look it worked out for that ONE guy I chose out of the dozens so men have it just as easy!"

Latest posts

Back