Online Dating?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet there ARE women....and quite a few more than you seem to want to acknowledge....that ask guys out. So no, we don't have it easier. But fine, let's go with this whole "women have it easier" bullshit. If you want to think about it that way....because I know you (or someone else) will since "not ALL women ask men out, blah blah blah"....you would also have to take into account the fact that women have to worry about whether or not the guy is a psycho who is going to rape them or drug them or do whatever it is guys do.

So no, women do NOT have it easier, it's just different.

They do exist yes. Very rare but it happens. I don't see how that negates anything I've said though.

I could explain how women can be crazy or harass or go psycho or whatever women do but that doesn't invalidate what you're saying either. Even though that number is far higher than the number of women that approach. And even though they are more likely to get away with their behavior. :)

A  female acquaintance I spoke to about this once (not recommended btw) mentioned that a couple of her friends had always been single too.  So I had to enquire whether they actually asked men out, and of course the answer was they hadn’t seemed to.   That’s how deeply embedded this preference is; for the minority who don't have men approaching them, they would rather remain alone.

Oh I'm sure some women do, just nowhere near enough for us to go through life with a similar expectation.

ardour said:
A  female acquaintance I spoke to about this once (not recommended btw) mentioned that a couple of her friends had always been single too.  So I had to enquire whether they actually asked men out, and of course the answer was they hadn’t seemed to.   That’s how deeply embedded this preference is; for the minority who don't have men approaching them,  they would rather remain alone.

Oh I'm sure some women do, just nowhere near enough for us to go through life with a similar expectation.

My point wasn't whether or not women ask men out more than men ask women out, they likely don't.  My point was that women don't have it easier just because more men do the asking.  There is a whole shitload more to consider than just who does the asking.

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:
A  female acquaintance I spoke to about this once (not recommended btw) mentioned that a couple of her friends had always been single too.  So I had to enquire whether they actually asked men out, and of course the answer was they hadn’t seemed to.   That’s how deeply embedded this preference is; for the minority who don't have men approaching them,  they would rather remain alone.

My point wasn't whether or not women ask men out more than men ask women out, they likely don't.  My point was that women don't have it easier just because more men do the asking.  There is a whole shitload more to consider than just who does the asking.

That's a huge advantage and hardly the end of it; once you're in relationships you can relax and be accepted for who you are. A big part of the basis on which women find men attractive doesn't allow men to be vulnerable or get too attached.

True women have to worry about sexual assault and harassment, but it doesn't seem to stop them finding an SO. This is not about oppression or 'who has it worse' overall.

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

That's a huge advantage and hardly the end of it; once you're in relationanships your weaknesses, foibles and insecurities  - things are usually deal breakers with men - are acceptable. You can relax and be accepted for who you are. A big part of basis on which you find men attractive doesn't allow them to be vulnerable or too attached.

Yea women have to worry about sexual assault and harassment, but it doesn't seem to stop them finding an SO. This is what's being discussed here, not oppression or 'who has it worse' overall.

Women can relax and be accepted for who they are?  That is completely untrue.
I'm going to assume that "you" is generalized, but this again is not true.  I think it's MEN who think they can't be vulnerable.  As for the too attached thing, that's not gender based, that's human based.  NO ONE likes an overly clingy/needy person.

So you haven't heard of women being so fearful of men after an attack that they don't date and are terrified of men?  It happens.
As for not being about "who has it worse,"  I'm not so sure about that.  These threads also turn into that.

By too attached I meant by the standards expected of us, and it IS a gender thing. In order to be attractive men need to be self-contained. I've seen that my entire life; women going through lows of depression or directionlessness while their relationships remain stable. Nothing more unattractive than a depressed man though.

You have a point about women avoiding men after traumatic experiences.

Men are often told that the source of their complaints is 'male entitlement', so yeah.

This conversation is giving me flashbacks of when Hillary Clinton claimed "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

You have no idea just how ridiculously easy you have it. Or maybe you just pretend to not see it. I have met a few women that are capable of recognizing it at least.

kamya said:
There is no real need to explain. It is a pretty well known and accepted phenomenon. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to convince the willfully ignorant.

I should have just followed through with this. :)

I'm sad I have a penis then.
Though if I were a woman, my problems would be solved; wouldn't be able to keep my hands off myself.
Kreeheehee (Mine is an Evil laugh).

Richard_39 said:
I'm sad I have a penis then.
Though if I were a woman, my problems would be solved; wouldn't be able to keep my hands off myself.
Kreeheehee (Mine is an Evil laugh).

Yes, you are a sad sorry man that will never get anywhere and I'm just an ignorant ***** :p

TheRealCallie said:
Yes, you are a sad sorry man that will never get anywhere and I'm just an ignorant ***** :p

I know. Been saying it for years, too. :D

Too bad for girl though...we got the D. So you're stuck with naughty men like us :cool:

Just in passing though, back to topic, I never got the whole rejection thing being a blocker. I mean sure, it hurts, but considering the 2 for 1 ratio of female vs male on this planet?
I always figured guys got it easier.
Because we can afford to be dicks with more than one woman. That's a POWERFUL weapon in our arsenals.

TheRealCallie said:
You've been saying I'm an ignorant ***** for years? :club:

LOL No, for fifteen minutes. Sad sorry man for years. Anything else would imply I'm a mind-reader and well, I suck pretty bad if I haven't made myself win the lottery by now.

Oh, and OUCH. :at:

Ok so I know youtube isn't the most accurate of sources, and this test is probably not set up to eliminate all variables to come to the most honest results, but I'd say the guy isn't ugly and he's asking a wide range, and the same for the girl.

Also this is not an indication on finding love...

Female stuggle
[youtube]5JJFBtHcBnM[/youtube]

Male struggle
[youtube]gxyySRgrYsU[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back