Only children?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CakeFace

I was just curious to see how many people here are only children. I think that's where a lot of my loneliness, isolation, and social anxiety stems from.

I'd give anything to have had a brother or sister.

Awww :] I think there are some teens but not kids... dunno. Im an adult (too bad). I have a sister... i can give her to you. x) You are the first one asking for a brother or a sister. The rest of people i know normally complain a lot lol.

There were seven kids in my family so i don't know what it is like to be an only child but i do know that it is possible to be lonely even with a bunch of siblings.

Lol I thought you were a kid. My sister is the one always right, she likes to say: "who is the lawyer here? u.u " and you cant put anything out of place lol and she doesnt like black and poor people. She is soooo lovely x) Im going to send her for you and in one week you tell me if you are happy, deal? x)
But like Minus said, i dont know how it would be if i was the only child... i think it would be great lol
Nah... my sister helped me some great times, when i really needed her. Once she even putted herself between me and my father that really wanted to beat me *.* Yeah... maybe she is ok u.ú ... JUST ok u.Ú lol

I have 3 brothers and i love everyone of them they get on my nerves yah
but there still my brothers i love them i would give my life up to keep them safe
im am the second son my older brother ahhhh that thats a mixed case he confuse's
me truly.

I always wanted a brother. I used to ask my mom to "rent" a litlle brother. I was too small lol I think i asked for a brother till my 8 years old. Too bad i never had one.

Luna said:
Lol I thought you were a kid. My sister is the one always right, she likes to say: "who is the lawyer here? u.u " and you cant put anything out of place lol and she doesnt like black and poor people. She is soooo lovely x) Im going to send her for you and in one week you tell me if you are happy, deal? x)
But like Minus said, i dont know how it would be if i was the only child... i think it would be great lol
Nah... my sister helped me some great times, when i really needed her. Once she even putted herself between me and my father that really wanted to beat me *.* Yeah... maybe she is ok u.ú ... JUST ok u.Ú lol

what made you think i was a kid?

i'm an only child too. i've never really thought of how different things would be if i'd had a brother or sister. i missed out on a lot of babysitting i suppose!

I think its the idea of having someone (besides your parents) that are there for you and will love you no matter what. Someone to talk to. Someone to relate to.

I never really learned how to socialize. I think because I was/am always by myself. I think having siblings helps you to learn how to be social and develop some common sense in that area. I don't know. Maybe not. I'm just assuming.

I have an older sister older by 18 months and I hate her... she has steped on my face my entire life... an is the reason why I can't have a realtionship w/either parent. So thats the flip side to want a sibling.

I have an older sister, and I can't say that it have made my life better. She always had some serious agression issues when she was groing up. She treated me like crap, and she was always fighting with my mother, whom I deeply respect. I really hate her persona. She have no respect for other humans, and she's so ****ing spoiled. She may be my sister, but that's just a title to me. There's no love between us. She's in a wheelchair now. She broke her spine last year, so she's paralyzed from the waist and down. It's a cruel fate that I wouldn't wish upon anyone, but I don't feel sorry for her. I know that's a bad thing to say, but it's the truth. I just hope that in time, she will learn to respect others, and thank my mother for all the hard work she had to endure thanks to her, all her years.

Another thing about having a sibling, there's always a sense of competition between you. At least that's what I've always felt between me and my sister. Even though she's 5 years older than me. But I can imagine that there's a lot more pressure on you if you're the only child.

I get really jealous of siblings who have this really strong bond between them. It looks like so much more than love. Lucky them!

what made you think i was a kid?
-----------
Language barrier x) here we would say: im the only son/daughter , we just would say: im the only child if we were kids. ^.^ Sorry :]

I am an only child. It is terrible IMO. My parents don't speak english, so I have no one to talk to at home. Both of those factors makes me feel heavily burdened. I have to take care of my parents in the future, not only because they will be old, but because they don't know english so I have to take care of their future affairs, and because I have no siblings so there is no one else to take care of them besides me.

I can definitely empathize with the topic creator. I'm an only child, and always wished for a brother or a sister (and yes, begged my parents for one). When I was little, I had two friends (a brother and sister) who I was extremely close to - I spent so much time over at their house that their neighbors thought I actually was their brother. We (the boy and I) had an abrupt falling out when I was around 14 though, and we barely spoke after that. Looking back, that was probably the biggest contributing factor to me becoming as lonely and asocial as I am now.

Just wondering corin how old your are. maybe your friend feels the same way? just that sometimes with this things pride can get in the way you know. I have friends out there that I no longer speak to and even though there was a very good reason why I kicked them to the curb if am honest with my self I still care and think of them.

Its a real shame that you don't talk to your friend still. Maybe hes feeling as lonely and as isolated as you? There is never to much time that can pass to make things right you know.

Also the name corin reminds me of two ppl I know that was marred to each other both much older then myself but there where both called corin. One was a man the other a women just in case you where wondering lol

Having a sibling really doesn't automatically mean you're going to feel less lonely. I have a younger half-sister. We're ok with each other - most of the time. That's about it. We definitely don't have any sort of close relationship. She's not going to confide in me if something is wrong and I would never think of doing it either. We have rather different characters and interests, if we weren't sisters, I think we'd be exactly the sort of people who don't "click" together and would normally never talk to each other. As it is, our relationship is mostly that of mutual tolerance, hardly anything more.

Latest posts

Back