Our Robot Overlords

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Twitchy

Does anyone have one of these?

180px-Roomba_Discovery.jpg

For those of you that have never seen one, it's a "Roomba". It's basically just a little robotic vacuum cleaner that spins around your house, cleans the floors and presumably scares the honeysuckle out of your cats.

My question is, didn't anyone besides me see The Matrix?

Isn't this the first step to being enslaved by our own creations? Sure it starts innocently enough with cute little vacuum cleaners, but flash forward 300 years from now and your descendants are being grown in pods and stuffed into the backs of machines like Duracells. No thanks!

Call me old fashioned, but I plan to push my own **** vacuum for years and years to come. If any of you have one of these, I imagine that it's plotting against you and your family as you read this; coldly calculating the best time to position itself in front of the staircase and trip you in the night. Beware!

I'd gladly sacrifice future generations if It meant I didn't have to vacuum anymore. Now if they would just build a robot that'll load my dishwasher... :p

lol 300 years from now you and me will be dead :p Still, it's a frightening thought. I saw a tv special on war-bots the military was building. Unmanned figthing mechs. How hard would it be to hack one and turn it against us?

That would go rather well with my mop. Huh, even the same company.

robot_mop.jpg

I also saw somewhere that there was a Roomba-esk robot that mowed your lawn

one day robots will build shrines to their original predecessors: the Roombas

LOL! now thats funny
and i love the matrix...
ive heard at pharmacys theres sometimes robots that come around to collect prescriptions and then go and get on the elevator and go delever then. true story, im in pharmacy tech school so me and this one guy laugh about it all the time. sounds kind of freaky...

Spare said:
I'd gladly sacrifice future generations if It meant I didn't have to vacuum anymore. Now if they would just build a robot that'll load my dishwasher... :p

I have one of those. It's called, "child."
lol :p Just teasing - mine isn't old enough to load the dishes yet, lol.

Van Hooligan X said:
can't we do the total recall tactic and live on mars, and just survive off 1 big ass slow fan thats easily destroyable...it's fool proof :D

And all become hideous mutants? I'd finally fit in somewhere!

When we finally manage to create a true artificial intelligence that can learn and adapt on its own, then we're screwed. I can only hope that our new masters will let me transfer my flawed brain into a superior machine-made one and live on in robotic glory forever! :cool:

ExiledWays said:
When we finally manage to create a true artificial intelligence that can learn and adapt on its own, then we're screwed. I can only hope that our new masters will let me transfer my flawed brain into a superior machine-made one and live on in robotic glory forever! :cool:

Like a Dalek or Cyberman?:D

Twitchy said:
My question is, didn't anyone besides me see The Matrix?

I have. If I were freed by Morpheus, but caught by Agent Smith and given the chance to plug back in, I totally would. I'd have a castle with central air and good insulation and a vault room, like Scrooge McDuck has, full of gold coins, cash, and miscelaneous treasures.

Nyktimos said:

I wouldn't mind transferring my brain into a Dalek when my human body begins to fail.

I could yell "EXTERMINATE!" at appropriate intervals and cause a great deal of concern for the Doctor.

Twitchy said:
Nyktimos said:

I wouldn't mind transferring my brain into a Dalek when my human body begins to fail.

I could yell "EXTERMINATE!" at appropriate intervals and cause a great deal of concern for the Doctor.

Pesky, meddling, know-it-all time lords. They should be wiped out.

This brings another dimension to the robot overlords idea. Instead of being enslaved, why not be absorbed and live in immortal bodies. Especially if some of those bodies are like Sean Young or Daryl Hannah (just watched Blade Runner - Final Cut:D). But obviously without the built in life span of a replicant.

Latest posts

Back