our strength is the cause of our pain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
its no doubt that almost everybody deals with loneliness at some point in their lives. Some of us however, like those of us on this site, have it worse than many others. You may be thinking to yourself "Im a loser" or "Im meant to be lonely" well its not true, I know why were in so much pain, its because we have the strength to endure it.

Every time we feel lonely, whether we know it or not, we are being given a choice, the choice to tough it out in hope of a better future, or the choice to stop caring, kill off your emotions, so you dont feel the pain...or anything for that matter. Every day, I have to see people talking about how much the love their friends, or how great of a time theyre having...remnants of a life that Ive lost, but I have to let it hurt me because if I let my emotions whither and die, even if I do end up having the life I want, I wont be able to enjoy it at all.

If we were weak, we would take the second option, your feelings would go numb, every emotion would be dull, sure you may not feel the pain anymore, but its a deal with the devil, and you lose all your good feelings too. Just remember why were here, because we were strong enough to endure the pain, in hope that things get better.

suicide? What are you talking about? I meant people make themselves numb, they stop caring and their emotions weaken and die, youve seen people who seem to have little or no feelings, its because theyre emotions are dead

Somehow a sentence slipped through my fingers when I was typing my previous response. So... David Langford has a theory in which he states that people suffering from chronic loneliness are 50% less likely to commit suicide than a regular person who has issues leading to depression. This is because loners are mentally "tougher" or just numb, i guess. :)

You absolutely correct my man. Last year In school i felt like i was so strong because i did alot of things alone and by myself. I kinda eased my way away from that but i wanna go back because I infact WAS stronger even though i alienated anyone who tried to talk to me or anyone who saw me. Because I ignored alot of people. Its a nice conception you have going on. Strenght was a thought i had in my head when i chose to I guess "Endure it"

its the opposite for me, I hate doing things by myself, makes me feel like a loser =/ I meant that you couldve become an ******* and got rid of the pain of being lonely, but at the same time, your emotions would have withered away.

Fvantom said:
its the opposite for me, I hate doing things by myself, makes me feel like a loser =/ I meant that you couldve become an ******* and got rid of the pain of being lonely, but at the same time, your emotions would have withered away.

Thats how it is now. Their withered to a bit. I can seem like a ******* or a mean mofo when im with my group of friends. I'm still a reserved person, and when im not saying random things and stuff, im reserving, thinking, etc.

opshon said:
Fvantom said:

Thats how it is now. Their withered to a bit. I can seem like a ******* or a mean mofo when im with my group of friends. I'm still a reserved person, and when im not saying random things and stuff, im reserving, thinking, etc.

yea, I mean all of us have dull emotions, but not to the point where they cant easily be recovered, theres some people who give their hearts away to the darkness, usually people who are heavily materialistic, because they gave in.

Fvantom said:
its no doubt that almost everybody deals with loneliness at some point in their lives. Some of us however, like those of us on this site, have it worse than many others. You may be thinking to yourself "Im a loser" or "Im meant to be lonely" well its not true, I know why were in so much pain, its because we have the strength to endure it.

Every time we feel lonely, whether we know it or not, we are being given a choice, the choice to tough it out in hope of a better future, or the choice to stop caring, kill off your emotions, so you dont feel the pain...or anything for that matter. Every day, I have to see people talking about how much the love their friends, or how great of a time theyre having...remnants of a life that Ive lost, but I have to let it hurt me because if I let my emotions whither and die, even if I do end up having the life I want, I wont be able to enjoy it at all.

If we were weak, we would take the second option, your feelings would go numb, every emotion would be dull, sure you may not feel the pain anymore, but its a deal with the devil, and you lose all your good feelings too. Just remember why were here, because we were strong enough to endure the pain, in hope that things get better.
op ur post is like the theme 2 my purpose of being here
ty 4 putting it all in2 words
its sumthing that i realized was happening 2 me as i became more socialized
i didnt realize it was happening until it was almost DONE
then i stopped it just in time
now im in healing from it
n evn tho it seems like doing that hurts less?
it really makes u much much more miserable
it makes u inhuman
i would rather hurt constantly (not that i m) than 2b freaken inhuman
im so glad im "coming back" from that
i didnt really realize how **** miserable i was becoming
yeah i realized it was making me miserable
but now that im almost "back"?
it made me feel even more miserable @ the time than i could c
ty 4 ur post
its good 2 know that sum1 else thinks along these lines

I see your point.

We are strong, all of us. We can endure, every single day. Our emotions are still alive, if we hold onto them we hold onto the hope that we have of enjoying life. '

:D

eh Wanting to crawl into a hole and die because someone insults you is not a strength. I would call that a curse.

Someone that hears voices can declare that it makes them better. Even if in reality they live in a cardboard box. I would be careful with declaring a shortcomming as a strength. Why not try something different? Why try to stick to being the same? Let go of the fear.

Skorian said:
eh Wanting to crawl into a hole and die because someone insults you is not a strength. I would call that a curse.

Someone that hears voices can declare that it makes them better. Even if in reality they live in a cardboard box. I would be careful with declaring a shortcomming as a strength. Why not try something different? Why try to stick to being the same? Let go of the fear.

did you even read my post or just the title?

Im trying to tell these people that theyre stronger than many people, *most* of us here havent given into loneliness, and they havent become ******** in an effort to deal with the pain, just letting them know theyre strong for that. If you really think being lonely is a shortcoming, why are you even on this site?

I do understand this point. dealing on daily basis with loneliness could make us "stronger" from within. I guess that someone who never felt this emptiness would probabely brake when he'll find himself alone at some point.

However, I don't feel strong when I'm around people and all I want to do is be alone, as well as when I'm finding excuses when someone invites me to go out. for god sake it's even hard for me to accept a compliment when my brains tells me that it's not true and I'm honeysuckle.

being alone and liking it can't be described as strengh, it's simply weekness.

Fvantom said:
Skorian said:

did you even read my post or just the title?

Im trying to tell these people that theyre stronger than many people, *most* of us here havent given into loneliness, and they havent become ******** in an effort to deal with the pain, just letting them know theyre strong for that. If you really think being lonely is a shortcoming, why are you even on this site?

Emotions are a biological thing. They don't wither and die. People might be afraid that they will, but I can assure you that they won't. You have my word on that.

Latest posts

Back