People have become dangerous to me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
People are mean outside to me almost to the point of being dangerous. When they see me they often do not hesitate to inflict some kind of damage thru there eyes or words.
There is safety in my loneliness at home but thats driving me crazy as well!
What can i do?

Are you sure you're reading them right? The more time I spend online the more I see people completely misinterpreting others as hostile when nothing of the sort is going on. "Selfish" and "Never lets me get a word in" can now be someone who forgot to explicitly ask someone what they thought of the movie they saw in a text message exchange.

you can't be sensitive, ignore all those jibes and insults from people. Don't take them to heart. I probably get insulted loads of times a day. It goes in one ear and out of the other.

What other people think about you is none of your business. No matter what you do, or don't do, no matter if you are rich, poor, unemployed, employed, popular, unpopular, etc.....people are going to think what they want to think.

Why waste your time caring what these people think, you only have to answer to yourself in life, and that can be hard enough as it is.

Besides, anyone who has to resort to insults or bullying or judgmental thoughts can't be that secure to begin with. If these people were truly at peace with themselves, they wouldn't be giving you or anyone else any sort of condescending thoughts.

A simple thing to remember is: You are not what you do, you are not what you own, and you are not what others think of you. Don't give these people free rent in your head. If anything, use the whole situation as a filtering mechanism. People who treat you like that aren't people you want to deal with in the first place. Ignore them, or silently send them a blessing that they will evolve into something resembling a human being.

Is this at school? Work? Friends? Family? Strangers in public?
What really helps me is to focus on what I'm doing/what I want to get done. I run into lots of rude people everyday but their negativity doesn't affect me anymore as I don't pay attention to them because I'm focusing on the task I'm trying to complete. People are set in their ways/mindset and unfortunately there's not much you can do to change how they act. Avoiding these people would be best but if you can't, just try not to let your mind react to them and keep doing what you're doing.

I'd say ignore these people with the insults. Don't matter what they say or think about you. Then again, I do know that sometimes, when they insult you about something that hits the core of you, it'd wind you up to the point where you might have to stand up for yourself.

I don't know what's the best thing to do - but it always depends on the situation. If it calls for ignoring them, then just ignore them. If you feel that it's only right to stand up for yourself and argue, go for it. But if you feel you could return them some comments sarcastically just to have a laugh out of it - do it lol. Really, as long as you don't take what they say or do towards you personally all the time or take it to heart. Make a joke out of it, or ignore, is best I think.

I do not think i deserve the bad treatment i get from people, and im not sure if they even know how damaging they are to me.
They mock me, laugh at me, just say nasty things to there friend next to them when they see me or roll there eyes when they walk past me. It fills me with rage as i want to punch one of these people in there face! But i much rather remain nice to everyone as being mean is just a waste of energy.
I try to ignore these people but sometimes they are leaving me no other alternative then to retaliate in some way.

If it is not of a criminal matter just ignore them and after a certain times they understand that they are like dogs!

I find agreeing with people's insults to particularly irritate them. It cuts them short and I dont feel guilty for saying something I wish I hadnt. As for smirks and those patronizing looks, it seems to really throw them off when you smile sweetly. It isnt easy to do of course and I completely understand that it hurts. People are mean for so many reasons but regardless of their motives they do it to ultimately get a reaction.

That said, while there are many ways to deal with insults in the short term, fact remains that most times it still hurts. I guess the only way to deal with that is to grow strong with time, understand and believe in our own self worth, accept that people are always going to say things. And perhaps at some point we will be immune to these nasty comments.

Veruca said:
That said, while there are many ways to deal with insults in the short term, fact remains that most times it still hurts. I guess the only way to deal with that is to grow strong with time, understand and believe in our own self worth, accept that people are always going to say things. And perhaps at some point we will be immune to these nasty comments.

Yeah. Even though might be tough to try do this, I think it's probably the best way. Trying not to let them get to you. That's all they want, you to be affected.

How's your self-esteem? I have noticed that people will abuse or treat bad other people that have a low self-esteem to make themselves look big or feel better about themselves. People like this are usually insecure about something within themselves so they resort to belittling people that are "lower" than them or have a low self esteem. Don't worry about what people have to say about you but next time or all the time, walk with pride and keep your head high and don't worry if you make other people uncomfortable. It's their problem not yours.

Latest posts

Back