Perfectance Ignored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nghtrain36

Reaction score
Okay to start things off, I'm not perfect! Not by a long shot! But all three of my only friends consider me very above-average and suitable for the dating world. However comes the hard part, I have no dang clue where to look! So as I hope someone may help me with this question, I'll also contribute to the solution by giving some interesting characteristics of myself in hope that someone may narrow down where would be a good place for me to look for a lover.

Positive things: Well first off I can cook pretty well, I do my own laundry, shower every night, I work very well with children, I'm patient, I always think of others before myself, I'm more than willing to devote my time and entire life into a relationship, I do my own grocery shopping, I study Herbology and I can diagnose alot of different illnesses (I've even helped my mom get rid of the flu before!), I also look into the study of dreams as it interests me, I'm a pro gamer (MLG contestant for a while), I clean most of the house I live in as nothing satisfies me more than a nice organized room, My uncle is teaching me how to play guitar and I'm teaching myself how to play keyboard, I'm learning how to sow and I have even made some of my own clothes already, I have an old friend teaching me blacksmithery, I'm a pretty good sharpshooter from hunting to just for fun shooting, I'm a very talented fisherman, I'm a free-lance drawer, I'm a poet and a skilled writer, I live a very luxurious life ($$$ wise), and to top it all off I'm only 16!

How is that for a perfect boyfriend? (lol i'm kidding, I sure as heck ain't perfect) Now I know this isn't a dating site (at least as far as I can tell) but as an extremely lovesick and lonely person I need some places to go to get some friends. I only have three friends and they are all male. Unfortunately as I said before I'm not perfect, so yeah...

Negative things: I can't eat alot of foods (OBS if you know what that means), I have only three fears and they are pretty bad, I lack alot of social skills as I have built a very bad habbit of going by "Dont speak, unless spoken to", I kinda have an addiction to anime, and from that comes my greatest weakness. I will lose it if I see a cute girl cry! Only thing that pierces my social anxiety! and as I've said before I have no where to look for friends! Lol I have a 300 dollar phone and I don't even turn it on anymore as no one ever calls or texts!

So can anyone out there help me find people? Online or off? I get so lonely stuck in my house all day!

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
I am doing well... but yeah I'm about to go to bed now but if you want to talk sometime, I have my yahoo on my profile :)

Sure! I'd love to talk for a while!

At 16 shouldn't you go to high school? How can one be lonely during high school? I'm asocial as hell and at you age I still had friends, went to clubs, bars, movies, theatre, opera, in trips and to hundreds of other places. I didn't have that many friends but almost always had something to do. I rarely dated and only for very short periods of time, but at this chapter you shouldn't despair - you're too young.

iris said:
At 16 shouldn't you go to high school? How can one be lonely during high school? I'm asocial as hell and at you age I still had friends, went to clubs, bars, movies, theatre, opera, in trips and to hundreds of other places. I didn't have that many friends but almost always had something to do. I rarely dated and only for very short periods of time, but at this chapter you shouldn't despair - you're too young.

Well due to my unusual hobbies and also living in a small town, There is almost no one around here that likes me. Only 3 people even talk to me at my high school, everyone else (even teachers) ignore me and look at me like I have a disease or something.

Badjedidude said:
Is "perfectance" even a word? I don't think so...

Anyway, welcome to the site. :)

In my own opinion, perfectance isn't a word, theres just being above average.

And Thanks!

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
so why do you think its so hard for you?

I'm constantly ignored and deserted. No one around my area talks to me, except 3 people but they are all basically hermits. I don't have anyone to go with me to the movies, or to the mall and thus comes the problem of trying to find people to be with. Specifically girls, I have no earthly clue of where to look for them!

i was in the same situation as you when i was your age. except i was far from perfect. i liked different things from other kids in my high school they were just wanna be rappers. what i did is i put myself in a different enviroment exposed my self into different things then i was used to poetry clubs;open mic nights exct. just try to get away from the every day you know

hey, welcome to the site!

I am curious, could you clarify what you mean here ? :D

Nghtrain36 said:
I kinda have an addiction to anime, and from that comes my greatest weakness. I will lose it if I see a cute girl cry! Only thing that pierces my social anxiety!

peace!

Well, I heard some people become more and more social as time goes by. So maybe, with age, you'll have more friends. It's not my case, I'm the exact opposite, but who knows, in your case?

suckaG said:
hey, welcome to the site!

I am curious, could you clarify what you mean here ? :D

Nghtrain36 said:
I kinda have an addiction to anime, and from that comes my greatest weakness. I will lose it if I see a cute girl cry! Only thing that pierces my social anxiety!

peace!

Well normally for me I can't even look at a girl, as I just basically freeze right then and there, but my only weakness was gained from being addicted to anime for so long. The only kind of girl type I've ever preferred is cute. Always been my favorite, and when I see a cute girl crying it's the only thing that will unfreeze me and let me think properly around my favorite kind of girl.

iris said:
Well, I heard some people become more and more social as time goes by. So maybe, with age, you'll have more friends. It's not my case, I'm the exact opposite, but who knows, in your case?

Possibly, I guess it's a little hope...

As far as people ignoring you, do you "put yourself out there"? In my opinion, if you stick to yourself and "act" like you're a loner, whether it's consciously or subconsciously, people will avoid you. You know you're attractive and you know you have good qualities, are you conceited about those things and are your standards too high?

I'm NOT criticizing you by any means, just giving you questions to ask yourself, although, most conceited people won't actually admit they are conceited, so.. lol

Give it time, put yourself out there and don't dwell on the negatives, they'll just bring you down.

Callie said:
As far as people ignoring you, do you "put yourself out there"? In my opinion, if you stick to yourself and "act" like you're a loner, whether it's consciously or subconsciously, people will avoid you. You know you're attractive and you know you have good qualities, are you conceited about those things and are your standards too high?

I'm NOT criticizing you by any means, just giving you questions to ask yourself, although, most conceited people won't actually admit they are conceited, so.. lol

Give it time, put yourself out there and don't dwell on the negatives, they'll just bring you down.

I'll admit I've been quite a loner for a while now but that's only because when I do try to put myself out there it never really works well. I would love to start being more open and social but I have no idea where to begin.

Latest posts

Back