Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--jsd--
Thanks sooo much for that re-invigoration! Thanks as well, for the hiccups I NOW have from laughing! FLAWLESS!

It did bring to mind another pet peeve of my own:
Women, (or men, who so choose) to wear 6" CFM heels and never practice wearing them before they walk on them in public. Heels are suppose to elongate you and look sexy. They are NOT suppose to make the wearer look like they are headed for a physical therapy session to correct a disability!
At 5'4" I would never know what folks look like above their nipples and shoulder blades without them. Practice--practice--practice!

Yukhi--
I'm glad to hear you've got a fun side, but now, you're getting those replies whether you expect them or not!! LOL--;)

Here's one I encounter when I take the bus every day.

Loud phone conversations. At least once a day one of these conversations consists of "I'm going on the bus! What? I said, I'm going on the bus!" I've heard a guy talking about how he would have killed his ex, but that would have messed up their kid too much. And this exact sentence was said once: "You know, he overdosed on purpose so he wouldn't have to go to the child custody hearing."

Just_Some_Dude said:
*sidenote: although it is funny when i'm watching the tv show COPS and one of these little hoodrats jumps out of a car and attempts to run with his pants falling down, only to take three steps, have his pants drop on national tv, stumble painfully, and smash face first into the concrete. that almost makes it worth it. carry on

This is exactly the reason why I have no problem with gangstas sagging their pants. :p

If they had any brains, they'd wear tactical gear and maybe do things a bit more professionally, but... *shrug* I like the baggy pants; it makes them easier to catch. :p

People who use numbers for words. I can understand abbreviating to save time texting or if you have limited word count (like my phone does), but when you're online and you have a full keyboard at your finger tips... why, oh, why do you have to say "me 2!".. would it kill you to take the extra second to type "too"?

People that vanish. I know everyone has their own lives and things come up. But some people just vanish for weeks or months at a time, then show up and talk as if they just saw you yesterday. Hellooo? Where have you been for two months? Did you get arrested or something? :rolleyes: Too busy to take 5 minutes to call, txt, or email?

People who beat their kids to make them stop crying. That. Does. Not. Work. I was in a parking lot a week or so ago and this little kid was crying because he wanted his mom to pick him up. She got frustrated, hit him, cursed at him, then told him to be quiet. Surprise, surprise! He only cried more!

Today's "cool" fashions. The saggy pants thing is bad enough and I completely agree with JSD about that. But even worse is the low rise jeans. I'm so tired of seeing everyone's butt cracks. It's not attractive, ladies! At least the guys have boxers covering their asses, but not the girls. And it's especially not attractive if you have 50 pounds of backfat and love handles hanging out of your clothes as well.

tehdreamer--
Seeing kids hit or humiliated in public is one of the few things that can rouse me out of my easy-going ways. A few years back I saw a woman viciously slapping a little, 3 year old. I was about ready to jump on her back and tackle her when a large man stepped in and physically stopped her. This was lucky for me because the woman was pretty sturdy looking and in the state she was in she would have probably knocked my puny butt into the next parking lot. Someone else in the crowd called the police.

I also hate to see people leave animals locked in hot cars.

Just_Some_Dude said:
sagging pants. ok, admittedly, for a brief period of time my freshman year of highschool, i wore baggy pants. however, i didn't pull them down over my asscheeks, tie them around the tops of my thighs with a belt, and then limp along holding them up with one hand.

[youtube]tMwhl4IrPNc[/youtube]

When people tell me I'm getting older. I usually reply with something like, "No honeysuckle sherlock. Everybody gets older. Nobody ages backwards. Did you think I was Benjamin ******* Button?" They then sulk away, unlikely to ever annoy me again.

Also, Liberals

cheaptrickfan said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
sagging pants. ok, admittedly, for a brief period of time my freshman year of highschool, i wore baggy pants. however, i didn't pull them down over my asscheeks, tie them around the tops of my thighs with a belt, and then limp along holding them up with one hand.

[youtube]tMwhl4IrPNc[/youtube]

That's the ONLY good thing that's ever come out of that fashion statement! Or at least the best thing. Hilarious song and it's lyrics are so very true.

sad sack said:
When people tell me I'm getting older. I usually reply with something like, "No honeysuckle sherlock. Everybody gets older. Nobody ages backwards. Did you think I was Benjamin ******* Button?" They then sulk away, unlikely to ever annoy me again.

Also, Liberals

lmfao@ "benjamin ******* button"

Nina said:
Sonic--
I hate seeing any spouse or SO, verbally abusing and embarrassing their parteners, too. I noticed this frequently happens when the agressive parteners are in front of their friends. They will say something horrible and then wink or smile, with pride, at one or more of their pals. Meanwhile the poor passive mate all bit shrivels to the shadows. People aren't dart boards....

Omg my brother does this to my mom in front of his friends. And his friends just stand there and laugh and laugh.

*chokes with rage*

It makes me want to kick them all in the ******* balls.

sad sack said:

Also, Liberals

You're a fierce person xD

I don't like liberals either. It would depend though on what they're fighting for but generally society-wise, yeah, I don't approve.

Edit: And just to add to my own, too emo people I guess. I mean what do you expect repeatingly getting a new bf/gf right after a breakup and just acting sad all the time.

And also people who cry too much. To be more specific, there are just people who may be over sensitive. They love telling stories about their lives to their classmates/friends in class and just end up crying xD I know it's none of my business, but you're most definitely gonna end up attracting attention. Your story may be sad but...STILL! :p

People smacking their lips when they eat. My sister does this and I want to hit her sometimes. :club:

Daydreamer87 said:
People smacking their lips when they eat. My sister does this and I want to hit her sometimes. :club:

i'm sorry. could you repeat that? i was busy eating my breakfast.

*nom nom SMACK nom nom SMACK nom*

:D

One of my major pet peeves is hearing people make ridiculous judgments about others based on a single characteristic, whether it is gender, race, religion or yes, even political affiliation.

Are people really that ignorant or close-minded that they think it is logical to condemn an entire segment of society just because they've known a few women/Hispanics/muslims/liberals who fit some stupid stereotype?

How disappointing.

Chauvunistic Guys drive me nuts. That is like my number one irritation.

My 2nd irritation is Being Manipulated/Taken Advantage Of. You know, having someone manipulate or take advantage of me and then me thinking about how smug they must be about it and how they must think I'm a pushover. Yeah I get super-pissed really quickly.

People I have no patience with or empathy towards:

Murderers (lethal injection as soon as possible please!)
Rapists (should have their wang cut off because they've misused it because they've used it to torture a person both physically and emotionally)
Child Abusers (should be given life in prison without parole)
Wife Beaters (I'd like them to see how it feels to be treated like a POW)

haha. :p

Just_Some_Dude said:
Daydreamer87 said:

i'm sorry. could you repeat that? i was busy eating my breakfast.

*nom nom SMACK nom nom SMACK nom*

--Jsd--
You've now forced me to *smack* :club: you for smacking on behald of Daydreamers pet peeve...:D

cheaptrickfan said:
Are people really that ignorant or close-minded that they think it is logical to condemn an entire segment of society just because they've known a few women/Hispanics/muslims/liberals who fit some stupid stereotype?

How disappointing.

exactly. :)

just as long as the same rule applies for:
men/whites/christians/conservatives

those people get prejudged all the time too. AND, AND it's politically correct to do so.

Latest posts

Back