Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThinkPositive said:
I do tend to like people who are brutally honest too, though. I personally just find them easier to deal with. Sure, they're jackasses sometimes, but any compliment they give me I can receive graciously and I'm truly touched. They also don't expect me to be a mind-reader, which is nice. I'm willing to put up with a little bit of meanness to have a friend I know will tell me the truth.

Same. :)

iBreathe said:
Ftr, the whole grocery bagging thing was nice. I can't stand when you go through the checkout line and the bagger slams all your purchases into the bags though. I get all rawr-ish at that. =/.

You know, sometimes when I really don't want to talk to anyone (but need to get groceries), I just go to the self-checkout. ;)

sadface said:
I guess sometimes I don't want the truth, I just want a friend.

Are they really a friend though if they're not truthful...? Just saying...

@ThinkPositive:
hah! Smarty pants. =P I use the self checkout now, but not because I don't want to talk to anyone. I really don't want to strangle them for mashing my bread! Ohhh! That's a pet peeve. I can't stand mushed up bread. It's just so wrong.

iBreathe said:
sadface said:

Are they really a friend though if they're not truthful...? Just saying...

IDK i think that is a whole 'nother conversation - is a friend someone who tells you the truth or someone who will hold your hand and tell you it'll be ok.

sadface said:

Well, it all depends...if someone is having a bad day, I'm not going to be mean, no matter how silly I think they're being.

The biggest thing for me has been things like expressing opinions on things. I'm opinionated, and I used to automatically just say, "Oh, I hate that movie/song/color/food/etc." I've learned over the years though, that people often take things personally when I express strong negative opinions about something they like...even if *I* think I'm just making conversation! So I try to be careful now...I know you're supposed to say something more like "Oh, well, you know, I'm not really into that..."

People who don't flush the toilet. Turning out the bathroom light and closing the door will not make the magical poo faeries come and flush the poo down the loo for you. Stop being a disgusting pig and take a moment to push the little silver handle! :club: That is all.

^^^Hahaha... I have a nice saying that I've heard several times in my life:

"If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."

Fortunately I forge my own path and flush every time. :p

tehdreamer said:
People who don't flush the toilet. Turning out the bathroom light and closing the door will not make the magical poo faeries come and flush the poo down the loo for you. Stop being a disgusting pig and take a moment to push the little silver handle! :club: That is all.

My old roommates totally used to do that!! Or at least, one of them...of course when I confronted them, no one fessed up to it. So happy I'm not in that living situation anymore...

One word for my pet-peeve today---TELEMARKETERS--- I have an unlisted number and have called the group you need to call to be taken off the lists and I'll be damned...They still call me.....If I wanted what they're peddeling, I'd call THEM!

Nina said:
One word for my pet-peeve today---TELEMARKETERS--- I have an unlisted number and have called the group you need to call to be taken off the lists and I'll be damned...They still call me.....If I wanted what they're peddeling, I'd call THEM!

I do sometimes call them. I miss Peggy from TravelTipsUnlimited!! I wonder how her new kitten is doing.

jk

this doesnt affect me in anyway, i just think its stupid. i hate when people leave their blinker on for the ENTIRE duration of and on/off ramp. lol why? i am aware that you will continue this turn and not just suddenly veer off into the trees. it is kind of annoying at night when they are going too slow on said on/off ramp so you are right behind them and there is this bright red light blinking in your face the whole time. its just dumb to me.

OHH! Edge--You reminded me of another big peeve of mine while driving. Folks who leave their, high-beams on !

sadface....:D!

I really hate when people say "die a beet us" instead of "die a beet ees"

I hate Wilford Brimley :(

______

I used to be a telemarketer :( anyone interested in a subscription of sports illustrated ??

Badjedidude said:
"If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."

I'm gonna make a poster out of that and hang it up in several places in the bathroom. And possibly on the front door for any visitors who happen to come over.

eris said:
I really hate when people say "die a beet us" instead of "die a beet ees"

I hate Wilford Brimley :(

______

I used to be a telemarketer :( anyone interested in a subscription of sports illustrated ??

Awwww, {{{eris}}}} YOU would have never been an, "annoying" telemarketer!:) Big difference! The guy that, ticked me off, was doing a pointless survey and I couldn't understand what he was talking about and I stubbed my toe running to the phone.

^^ I always tried to be nice. If someone said they didn't want to be contacted again I actually removed them from the list. Most telemarketers don't bother. Also, it was for RENEWING magazine supscriptions, so they have contacted us before. Plus it was like 18$ an hour plus some commision. SCORE!

One time this old lady kept asking me about the weather. I was like "Ma'am I am in Pennsylvania and you are in Georgia. I really don't know what the weather is there" I had to eventually hang up on her.

The SADDEST think that ever happened was... I called and said "Can I speak to Mr. Soandso so, It's time to renew his subscription to "ski" magazine."
She replied with "Gee, he really liked to ski....but he died last month." I apologized profusly and removed her from the list and then checked to see if she was on the list for something else

I felt horrible :(

OH eris!! That must have been horrible! I take calls from my magazine folks! I'm also nice to the local fireman and police when they call for donations. But it's the, off the wall calls I get that I shouldn't...I'm never nasty to them though, I listen to them and say I'm not interested and hang up and then just fume to myself...18$ an hr. huh.....wonder if they have openings....:D

When a telemarketer calls my house, I usually pick up the phone and start saying really weird things to make them hang up the phone from their end:

In a deep voice: "Guess what color my panties are?"

or

"I like bananas. There are soooo many... mmmm... wonderful things you can do with bananas."

Latest posts

Back