Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just_Some_Dude said:
Badjedidude said:
I hate it when people give the wrong signal with their car. Like a right turn signal and then continuing straight ahead.

I do it sometimes by accident, though... so perhaps others are just as forgetful as me. :p Maybe I should be more forgiving.

But it's still **** annoying when I have to stop short because some ****** gave the wrong signal.

bjd, i used to have a trick i would pull on people riding my ass, it was pure evil, it was called (are you ready? :D)

"LEFT BLINKER / RIGHT TURN" bwahahahahahahaha

****** gets on my ass, i hit my left blinker about two blocks in advance, he wants to pass me, but he won't, i drive really really slowly, kind of speeding up and slowing down, like i am legitimately looking for my destination, but wait!, at the last minute, i made a sudden right turn! :D love it

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

OMG!! This thread is hillarious, I read the first eight pages...JSD you are really funny!!:D

I wasn't planning on posting anything because I have a thousand things to do but I couldn't help it

Oh! one of my pet peeves: Procrastination:p

I have no pet peeves today because I just got back from the dentist and I had the "gas" I LOVE that stuff!! Good thing you can't just buy it and breathe it, I'd be a total addict by next week. I'm soooooo happy now though!!

Lomojojo--Jsd is a character but I'm never sure when he's being serious or yanking cranks with us...
I'm procrastinating right now....after the gas I just want to sit and.....Beeeeeeeeeee :D

This is a relatively new one: People with chronic low self esteem.

I get having low self esteem as I suffer from that too. But there's some people who are just self-haters. I'm like "Hi! I like you!" and they're like "You shouldn't. I suck." or "I don't know why. I'm a terrible person." :rolleyes: And I always wonder if they're saying that to make me feel sorry for them and want to like them more or what.

I'm always one to root for the underdog and try to befriend those who are usually overlooked and ignored by the general population. But these types of self hating people make it really hard and I tend to take it as a warning to run when someone's telling you they're a crappy person and a worthless sack.

In the past, I've been tricked by worthless sacks who pretend to be good people, so I listen carefully for warnings. When in doubt, get the hell out! (good moto for ghost hunting and avoiding jerktastic people)

So.. Self haters need to learn to like themselves a little more or just be prepared to not have many friends/relationships/etc. If someone says they like you, accept it and be happy!! Don't give them 100 reasons why they shouldn't like you!!

tehdreamer--That's a really good point. I just tend to like people for the sake of likeing them, but you know, you're right about folks who take it to ridiculous extremes. It's almost disrespectful to the person trying to befriend them. It's like saying, "Go away you idiot, I'm horrible, can't you see that?" I've come up against one or two in my time and I did, I left..... Good advice for anyone thinking that is a good ploy....it isn't.

Lomojojo--I did! :D That gas is the WHOLE reason my teeth are so darn shiny!!

All over the internet I run into people who hate justin bieber. I'm not even a fan of him and i'm irked by the fact that people waste their breath and emotions on this "issue". It's not even an issue. Geez. Find something worthwhile to hate, like racism! Or, ethnic cleansing!

And for all the people that get teed off while driving because someone doesnt do exactly what they want. Cool off. Your job is to be a responsible driver. We all have "off" days while driving and we all make mistakes. Why are you getting so upset with other people for doing the same. Sure, some people are rude and obnoxious, but that's a given in life. You cant avoid meeting rude, obnoxious and downright malicious people. So, get used to it and dont feed the flames by letting them upset you, because it's exactly what they want to do. Dont feed the real-life trolls please!

Oh and these "pride" groups...heh. Now those irk me, because one of the things that truely bothers me is w hen people reject me. Yeah, I guess you could say I am sensitive to it. But here we go again, I am not Deaf enough, Not unempathetic enough towards the hungry/starving, not black enough, not gay enough....

I'm not enough! Ok! I get it! Geez. Someone has a narrow definition of what they will accept. There is more than one way to be narrow-minded you know. o_-

Being Gay is something you choose! Wait, what? No it's not! Quit that! You're such a homophobe and you won't even admit it. You've bought into the misinformation fed to you through a coffee stirring straw and now are trying to shove it down other people's throats so you dont feel so alone in your hatred of a minority which has done nothing wrong except express their biology. Nice.

What's that you say? This article of a black man attacking a white woman prooves that all black people are evil? Get over yourself. No it doesnt. It's an anecdote. I'm not believing an anecdote. -_- And if black people look like apes to you, then I'm calling your optometrist to set up an appointment.

If black people should go back to Africa, maybe white people should go back to Europe. -_-

Oh, you want to take out your hurt/pain from the injustices the white race has done to you, onto me? Well, this load doesnt seem heavy at all. Oh no, it's only centuries of injustices done to millions of people. I dont feel bad at all! Not a wink of guilt or shame over the fact that I am white and my race has done this to you. Sure, you can blame me. Go ahead, i am sure this guilt-trip wont make me feel like a horrible person. By all means....lay it on me. -_-

Why does every newstory on AOL turn into a religious debate? This is an article about cough syrup....

That is all.

SophiaGrace said:
All over the internet I run into people who hate justin bieber. I'm not even a fan of him and i'm irked by the fact that people waste their breath and emotions on this "issue". It's not even an issue. Geez. Find something worthwhile to hate, like racism! Or, ethnic cleansing!

The reason that I hate Beiber is that he's a sign of the further "watering down" of men of newer generations. This really concerns me. Young boys these days don't fight like they should. They're not angry like they should be. They won't even stand up for themselves or fight their own battles anymore, but hide under their mommies' skirts or blame others for all of their problems.

Beiber teaches young women to WANT these emo, lame, wimpy little boys.

Whatever happened to boys beating the honeysuckle out of each other for fun during recess? And now they run crying to their teachers because they someone cut in front of them while they were waiting for their turn to slide? COME ON. When I was in grade school, we younger boys learned to band together to defeat the bigger guys who wouldn't let us hang out in the park... and those childhood battles were ******* glorious. The only thing that comes close these days is high-stakes highschool football rivalries.

*sighs and shakes head* This world... lol

SophiaGrace said:
Being Gay is something you choose! Wait, what? No it's not! Quit that! You're such a homophobe and you won't even admit it. You've bought into the misinformation fed to you through a coffee stirring straw and now are trying to shove it down other people's throats so you dont feel so alone in your hatred of a minority which has done nothing wrong except express their biology. Nice.

Uhhh... you're reading quite a lot into an extremely complicated issue.

Devil's Advocate: Simply disagreeing with homosexuality is NOT homophobia. I know that's what liberal media pushes these days, but it's not the truth. If I were to have the opinion that dollar bills should not be used, does that mean that I have dollarphobia; that I fear dollar bills in some way? No. Believing that something is wrong does not immediately imply fear or hate of that thing.

It's the same with gays.

Also, many people believe that for many homosexuality IS a choice. And guess what? For some, I think it is. And it's the same for heterosexuality. Some heterosexuals simply choose to be hetero.

SophiaGrace said:
Oh, you want to take out your hurt/pain from the injustices the white race has done to you, onto me? Well, this load doesnt seem heavy at all. Oh no, it's only centuries of injustices done to millions of people. I dont feel bad at all! Not a wink of guilt or shame over the fact that I am white and my race has done this to you. Sure, you can blame me. Go ahead, i am sure this guilt-trip wont make me feel like a horrible person. By all means....lay it on me.

Slavery, IMHO, is an economic issue. Sure, it was wrong for us to use and own slaves... but slavery is a historical institution that's been around for a looooooooong time. In fact, most slaves throughout human history were NOT black, and they were treated FAR WORSE than founding Americans treated their slaves.

I have no guilt over slavery. I didn't do it. And the black people complaining about it didn't have to put up with it themselves. Black people can vote, they can get jobs and placement in college, they have plenty of UNFAIR affirmative action laws to help them out... hell, black people can ******* BECOME PRESIDENT.

No, I have no guilt over slavery. I'd say that amends have been paid.

And I'm glad we had slavery, because without it, we wouldn't have the diversity in America that we have now. Ironically, without slavery, America would most likely be a LOT more racially closed and supremacist.

Badjedidude said:
SophiaGrace said:

The reason that I hate Beiber is that he's a sign of the further "watering down" of men of newer generations. This really concerns me. Young boys these days don't fight like they should. They're not angry like they should be. They won't even stand up for themselves or fight their own battles anymore, but hide under their mommies' skirts or blame others for all of their problems.

Beiber teaches young women to WANT these emo, lame, wimpy little boys.

Whatever happened to boys beating the honeysuckle out of each other for fun during recess? And now they run crying to their teachers because they someone cut in front of them while they were waiting for their turn to slide? COME ON. When I was in grade school, we younger boys learned to band together to defeat the bigger guys who wouldn't let us hang out in the park... and those childhood battles were ******* glorious. The only thing that comes close these days is high-stakes highschool football rivalries.

*sighs and shakes head* This world... lol

So guys should fight...

and be angry....

and bieber is emo.

And boys should beat each other up during recess...

I am not impressed by guys who fight each other. We really don't need more violence in this world.

I really dislike angry guys.

Emo = Emotional and you know what? I used to be in a clique of emos and most of them had depression and were dealing with trauma from their home lives. It really bugs me when people make fun of Emo teens because they don't see that they have a mental illness and/or are struggling with their home-life. So thanks for making fun of them.

Beating each other up during recess is a good way to get suspended or expelled.

Oh and I think I can tell that we are on different spectrums in our political beliefs.

I also hate debating so thanks.

Badjedidude said:
Slavery, IMHO, is an economic issue. Sure, it was wrong for us to use and own slaves... but slavery is a historical institution that's been around for a looooooooong time. In fact, most slaves throughout human history were NOT black, and they were treated FAR WORSE than founding Americans treated their slaves.

I have no guilt over slavery. I didn't do it. And the black people complaining about it didn't have to put up with it themselves. Black people can vote, they can get jobs and placement in college, they have plenty of UNFAIR affirmative action laws to help them out... hell, black people can ******* BECOME PRESIDENT.

No, I have no guilt over slavery. I'd say that amends have been paid.

And I'm glad we had slavery, because without it, we wouldn't have the diversity in America that we have now. Ironically, without slavery, America would most likely be a LOT more racially closed and supremacist.

I've had someone apologize for what "my people did to your people" which severely creeped me out and made me uncomfortable. So I don't think anyone should apologize for slavery except those who participated in it or any other forms of racial hate/abuse.

No one should apologize for what their ancestors did to my ancestors. But it's highly offensive when someone wants to pretend it was no big deal and it should be forgotten. Forgetting our past dooms us to repeat it.

But slavery and present day racism is an entirely different issue.

Affirmative action is crap. It works for those who are lazy idiots while those of us who work to become educated and fight to get ahead in life are left to fend for ourselves.

Racism is still very real and alive these days and it's not just limited to black people. Even when it's not in the form of hate, it's in the form of total ignorance. I've seen it too many times to believe it's ever going to change. Affirmative action and having a black president doesn't change anything.

Major pet peeve is when someone can't own up to a mistake they made. Just ******* admit you did something wrong. It's not that hard.

SophiaGrace said:
Oh and I think I can tell that we are on different spectrums in our political beliefs.

No reason to get pissy about it. lol

SophiaGrace said:
Emo = Emotional and you know what? I used to be in a clique of emos and most of them had depression and were dealing with trauma from their home lives. It really bugs me when people make fun of Emo teens because they don't see that they have a mental illness and/or are struggling with their home-life. So thanks for making fun of them.

No, emo = stupid little fad of kids who think they're deep and sensitive because they wear black and tight jeans and they don't conform to "society's rules." It's an entirely juvenile, worthless phase that teenies go through and many never lose going into adulthood.

And guess what? EVERYONE has problems. I've known plenty of people who had WAAAAYYYY huger problems than emo kids, and they never took that path. Strange, huh? For a kid to be emo, in my opinion, is to take the victim's road and to step down from overcoming one's actual problems. And to pander to this crowd simply enables them to continue in the behavior.

SophiaGrace said:
Beating each other up during recess is a good way to get suspended or expelled.

Yeah, I know. That's what's wrong. Back in the day, kids would get a slap on the wrist for such behavior. And now we have kids getting suspended for playing "cops and robbers" and making "pew! pew!" gun noises on school grounds.

******* unbelievable.

Now they're teaching kids to deal with bullies by trying to be friendly to them, by trying to reason with them. Yeah, my ass. You can't reason with a bully. All you can do is punch them in their face hard enough and repeatedly enough that they leave you alone.

When boys fight each other, this is what they're training for. Contrary to what you may believe, it doesn't teach boys to rape women or something stupid like that. Look at how courteous men used to be to women, how gentlemanly... and I bet you a shitload of money that men of earlier generations fought a WHOLE lot when they were young.

Fighting other boys does not create violence in a boy. It creates character and strength. The violence comes from other places, like abuse from a loved one.

/soapbox

People who complain and expect others to help them, when they don't want to help themselves.
Sorry.
Other people don't exist to help you fix your problems.
Sometimes, you got to do it on your own.

I'm sure I have fallen into that as well one point or another.
But f*** depending on people.
I want to be strong on my own.

Badjedidude said:
SophiaGrace said:

No reason to get pissy about it. lol

I'll be pissy about it if I like. :p

Badjedidude said:
SophiaGrace said:

No, emo = stupid little fad of kids who think they're deep and sensitive because they wear black and tight jeans and they don't conform to "society's rules." It's an entirely juvenile, worthless phase that teenies go through and many never lose going into adulthood.

And guess what? EVERYONE has problems. I've known plenty of people who had WAAAAYYYY huger problems than emo kids, and they never took that path. Strange, huh? For a kid to be emo, in my opinion, is to take the victim's road and to step down from overcoming one's actual problems. And to pander to this crowd simply enables them to continue in the behavior.

Sure, everyone has problems. Not every kid who has them will become emo.

I had to deal with friends who tried to kill themselves in high school and the other two were cutters. I was the only one that didnt try to kill myself or cut myself. Some of them DIDNT have home problems. Some just had personality issues. Others did.

And yeah you can be in a different subculture in high school and still be depressed, sad or come from a broken home.

Learned Helplessness. Yeah, it exists. It happens when you get STUCK in a problem or state of being and dont see the benefits of beign in anotehr state or a solution to your problem. I would prefer to think that this is the case rather than "someone doesnt want to help themselves" which is pejorative IMO.

Pandering. Heh, you're one of those "tough it out!" sort of people. Old School. Oftentimes I find that people that take this route dont know how to deal with people with mental illnesses so they adopt an approach society throws at them rather than an informed one.

I dont think you suffer from a Mental Illness. I've found that people that dont have it, tend to have less empathy and believe that people with it simply arent trying hard enough to get out of it. Everyone has a limit BJD before they begin to mentally break down. You have one. We all do, it just takes different amounts of stress for each of us to develop a mental illness. PTSD in the army is a good example...or depression. You were just lucky you weren't born into an abusive home, which couldve left you with anxiety and dysfunctional coping methods later in life.

*shrug*

SophiaGrace said:
Pandering. Heh, you're one of those "tough it out!" sort of people. Old School. Oftentimes I find that people that take this route dont know how to deal with people with mental illnesses so they adopt an approach society throws at them rather than an informed one.

Or maybe, just perhaps, "toughing it out" actually works. It's not about being informed or aware of new psychological approaches to the situation. Yeah, I follow the old school view, because in my (I've had several psychology courses -- yes, INFORMED) opinion, the old skool methods WORK.

SophiaGrace said:
I dont think you suffer from a Mental Illness. I've found that people that dont have it, tend to have less empathy and believe that people with it simply arent trying hard enough to get out of it. Everyone has a limit BJD before they begin to mentally break down. You have one. We all do, it just takes different amounts of stress for each of us to develop a mental illness. PTSD in the army is a good example...or depression. You were just lucky you weren't born into an abusive home, which couldve left you with anxiety and dysfunctional coping methods later in life.

That is true. I don't have a mental illness. And if somehow I do and don't know it, I sure as hell am NOT going to seek treatment for it. :p lol

But then... I personally believe that many who claim to have mental illnesses are simply playing the victim. Why? Because it's easier and more comfortable to give in and expect others to bend over backwards to service you than it is for you to actually tackle your problems head on by yourself.

Even if I had a mental illness (which I don't), I would rather not be a burden on others because of it. I would rather drown trying to find my own way out.

*shrug*

Stop arguing over it, Jedi and Sophia... We all know that Goth > Emos.

'Nuff said.

Thanks.

^^^Hahaha... Nills. :p

Don't get me started on "goths." -_-

lol

In my mind, THIS will always be a GOTH:

425x425.aspx

...not some kid who whines about authority, dresses in black, and obsesses over death.

The whole problem with the term "emo" is that it's be adopted by those who have given up trying to be happy and instead have chosen a lifestyle of being miserable basterds. I've met some self proclaimed emos and they have always been those who make everything out to be doom and gloom. If you say "Oh, look, a puppy!" they will say "That puppy will die some day" and just suck all the happy out of everything.

In my opinion, people who suffer from depression or other mental illnesses don't need to be put under the emo label. I've battled depression mostly all of my life and I get pissed when someone tries to call me emo. I don't want to be sad. It's not my lifestyle to be sad. I fight like hell to make my life better and to find happiness.

So, I don't get along too well with those who claim to be emo because they are usually just sad sacks who make me feel so bad that they get my depression going again. But I can get along with people who suffer from depression or other mental illnesses who actually attempt to live better lives and overcome their sadness.

tehdreamer said:
The whole problem with the term "emo" is that it's be adopted by those who have given up trying to be happy and instead have chosen a lifestyle of being miserable basterds. I've met some self proclaimed emos and they have always been those who make everything out to be doom and gloom. If you say "Oh, look, a puppy!" they will say "That puppy will die some day" and just suck all the happy out of everything.

+1 ...yup.

tehdreamer said:

I think the term emo/goth is more common in middle/high school when it's connected to a style of clothing/music. Afterwards people usually lose the style of clothing and it is just called depression.

Now, i do want to mention that not all people who dress in the emo style/goth style are depressed. To some, it's just a style, for others, it's a sign of some underlying disorder.

bleh, these are just observations. I have no scientific studies to back them up, just life experiences.

and yes, sometimes people get stuck in their disorders and cant see anything good about the world, so they "suck the happiness out of everything." These people need medical help IMO and I disagree that they have "chosen" to be this way. It beats me why anyone would want to be miserable all the time.

Badjedidude said:
^^^Hahaha... Nills. :p

Don't get me started on "goths." -_-

lol

In my mind, THIS will always be a GOTH:

...not some kid who whines about authority, dresses in black, and obsesses over death.

Dressing in Black => symbolizes death
thinking of Death => not wanting to exist => depression.

It's teenage depression. Just manifested differently than it is in adults.

Latest posts

Back