Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
When a telemarketer calls my house, I usually pick up the phone and start saying really weird things to make them hang up the phone from their end:

In a deep voice: "Guess what color my panties are?"

or

"I like bananas. There are soooo many... mmmm... wonderful things you can do with bananas."

OMG...I laughed so had at that I spit my Denteyn Ice gum, flat out, on the J key......:p:D

they like it when you hang up on them. i was a telemarketer once, out of desperation. and despite the good pay i walked out because of guilt. it wasn't me. i don't blame the telemarketers, they are usually desperate and it pays good. the company is not desparate tho. and most telemarketers drop out of it because of guilt. and the fact that they don't like it either!:):D

so if you get a telemarketer call, don't play games with them, don't belittle them, don't do anything, but say no thanks and hang up. (unless making them laugh or smile or something:)

because, (i'm not sure about all places) but where i worked you are forced to make at least 3 'LOOOOONG scripted comebacks' (or your worthless so to speak). the whole while you know its not you, and you don't want to. if the person hangs up and says nothing, it works for everyone. (it would be better if the company didn't exist at all of course)

i was once reprimanded for being too kind to an old cancer patient.

i walked out.

Nina said:
OMG...I laughed so had at that I spit my Denteyn Ice gum, flat out, on the J key......

Haha I didn't mean to ruin your keyboard. :p

But seriously... it works. They hang up fairly quickly, especially if you get personal with them. lol

people who say and do things online in the anonymity of the internet that they would never say or do in real life.

Just_Some_Dude said:
people who say and do things online in the anonymity of the internet that they would never say or do in real life.

the only thing that has stopped me here and there, is my children. whatever piece of myself i cut off, its for them. but i don't always cut that off either.

i'm going to work tonight. in a few hours. oh god. oh goooood i do not want to go.

i don't belong there.

but i'm going.

csmswhs said:
because, (i'm not sure about all places) but where i worked you are forced to make at least 3 'LOOOOONG scripted

I had to do that, too. We had to hear "no" three times before we could let it go.

And sometimes the computer would lag, and the person would answer the phone before the information popped up. You have to make stuff up before you know who youre talking to.

one time a telemarketer called me back to tell me i was rude.

i told him i would fly to india, rip off his head, and honeysuckle down his neck.

now that is rude.

Just_Some_Dude said:

i told him i would fly to india, rip off his head, and honeysuckle down his neck.

now that is rude.

I know of a few folks I'd love to say a modified version of your, "rudeness" too, not a telemarker....For me, it'd be for some folks, way closer to home....:club:

Wtf JSD that is disgusting. :(

I just though of another pet peeve of mine: Dirty socks. I can't stand to wear them. I can just feel their greasy dirtiness on my feet inside my shoe and it makes me wanna shrivel up and barf. ._.

There is something else that bothers me.

People that say "fail" and "win"... Think about what youre ACTUALLY saying. That is how 5 year olds express themselves. It's like "cookie" or "up".

lol, brb, tmi, imho .... these are good, they are just abreviations... but Fail and Win ? Saying "fail" to someone is insulting and basically saying "what you said is lame"

Come one people, you're not 5. Use your words.

And I literally didn't know what OP meant until yesterday :D

Just_Some_Dude said:

That guy should be fired for that. If someone was yelling at us were are just supposed to hang up and say nothing.

I don't know how he could have even got your number...telemarketers just push a button and it calls a random person. We don't know what the phone numbers even are, it could lead to confidentiality issues.

I discovered another pet peeve today. People who come flying up behind you with a shopping cart and ram into you. Then look at you like like you just...*appeared*..... I hope they don't drive cars like they drive their carts....HUMPH...:(

People who beep at you to go, when you're sitting at a red light, and it's still RED!!! ERRRRRR

oh honeysuckle, this thread is still going? lol, hmm...

1. brand name cereal that costs more, gives you less, and tastes like crap compared to the store brand, but you were forced to buy it because walmart burnt down.

2. dirty tubers that won't come clean. i hate the idea of eating dirt, but the occasional sour creamey and buttery baked potato is worth it, i think.

3. salsa that says mild, but is actually hot.

4. salsta that says hot, but is actually mild.

5. the fact that they call them "baby carrots", makes me feel like i'm committing an attrocity by eating them. i strongly suspect these are actually full-grown carrots whittled down to look like babies.

6. public restrooms with no locks. a man who doesn't say "i'm in here" when you knock, then stares at you, smiling, with his penis in his hand. that...was bizarre.

7. people who look at me over or around the gas pump. i'm having a bad day, i'll ******* spray you with gas if you don't stop staring at me.

8. cashiers who are too good for their jobs. guess you shoulda factored college into the equation somewhere to suit that ego. never too late to go back though and become someone entitled to be an *******, like a lawyer.

9. fast food.

10. fast food that looks like it has been sat on.

11. weak coffee, or as i call it "coffee-flavored tea" *shudders*

12. people who invade my 3-F box. that stands for "fight, fresia, or fart". if you are that close to me, you are likely to encounter one of those three. if you are not interested, then back off. beano helps of course.

13. wet boots

14. frozen wet boots

15. sore feet

16. people who keep talking to me, even though my body language (and likely my facial expression as well) says "fresia off and die".

17. CD-R's

18. trends

19. fads

20. people who like MTV

21. people that watch too many Lifetime Movies (all men are rapists or career criminals in these movies, or dying of cancer)

22. people that fight and put it on youtube

23. baby boomers

24. politicians that say "well, um, and I-uh" too much. learn to talk, it's what you do for a living.

25. nicolas cage's voice

26. the fact that it is 2010 and there are still cellphone deadspots (in the SAME spots) fifteen years later. wanna keep raising my fees? then raise some ******* towers.

27. foreign telemarketers and tech support people who say they are named "Brian, Steve, or Susan"

eh, twenty-seven is enough for now :D

I don't know if I really have pet peeves, I think things I don't like are simply reflections of things I don't like in myself for the most part.

Occasionally some guy will not be paying attention at the front of the left-turn lane with the advance left signal and that is kinda stupid...but it doesn't really bother me too much :S

I hate it when people give the wrong signal with their car. Like a right turn signal and then continuing straight ahead.

I do it sometimes by accident, though... so perhaps others are just as forgetful as me. :p Maybe I should be more forgiving.

But it's still **** annoying when I have to stop short because some ****** gave the wrong signal.

Badjedidude said:
I hate it when people give the wrong signal with their car. Like a right turn signal and then continuing straight ahead.

I do it sometimes by accident, though... so perhaps others are just as forgetful as me. :p Maybe I should be more forgiving.

But it's still **** annoying when I have to stop short because some ****** gave the wrong signal.

bjd, i used to have a trick i would pull on people riding my ass, it was pure evil, it was called (are you ready? :D)

"LEFT BLINKER / RIGHT TURN" bwahahahahahahaha

****** gets on my ass, i hit my left blinker about two blocks in advance, he wants to pass me, but he won't, i drive really really slowly, kind of speeding up and slowing down, like i am legitimately looking for my destination, but wait!, at the last minute, i made a sudden right turn! :D love it

J_S_D,
I bumped up my own thread because I was pissed at a giant pick-up that beeped at me at a red-light, but also because I just knew you were holding out on these 27 peeves the last time the thread passed through... :p

OMg OMg,

1: The word RANDOM...
2: People who say Fail (I usually want to hit you) Ahh fail dude...
3: People who turn NOTHING into a huge deal
4: People who argue coupons to save 64 cents... Im not joking.. omg... KILl comes to mind..

tortilla chips without the structural integrity to withstand a scoop into moderately dense salsa. :(

teenybopper actors/actresses who also have to sing and dance.

Latest posts

Back