Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That brings me to another pet peeve:

Being told that "I don't want to work hard", by people who do work hard, and still get nowhere anyway.

It's like, you do work hard, but still get nowhere and have nothing to show for it. You work hard, but all you get out of it is treading water in the same shitty situation, IF that - sometimes these people work hard, and still can't even hold where they are, but instead fall further and further behind despite their efforts. It looks like life isn't working out too well for you either. It's like, don't lecture me, because you clearly have problems of your own.

A question I've always had in life, is why do so many people not get anywhere, even though they're hard-working, have a positive attitude, do all the things like "time management" and scheduling, get up and go to bed early, almost never have any fun, etc. On paper, they're doing all the things they're supposed to do for success. But it practice, it's not working, because they're not getting anywhere. They're still stuck in crappy lives.

honeysuckle like this makes me afraid that life is all about what you were born with, inborn talent, natural strong traits, and dumb luck - and if you don't have any of that, like me, or like these people that work hard and get nowhere anyway, then it feels like your life is hopeless. I don't see how I can "hard work" my way out of being dealt no cards - they don't seem to be able to do it either. And especially because I'm not good at smooth-talking, lying, exaggerating, bullshitting, and making myself seem superior, which is how some people manage to get by in life despite not being that good at anything. Again, like cards, these people, usually guys but I guess some women can do it too, are good at bluffing about their competence and substance, and that's how they get by in life. But you have to have that competitive, antagonistic, cunning, manipulative mind to see things that way, though. I feel like I wasn't dealt the cards, AND I'm not good at bluffing, either.
I honestly don't know of anyone who's hard working, has a positive attitude, manages their time and isn't successful.

Sounds I can't control: slamming doors, drawers, or cabinets, whistling an entire song, thumping bass in a car, revving engines, people smacking on food or gum, kids screaming in restaurants and grocery stores, sirens, car alarms etc.
People asking me how my day is knowing full well they couldn't give two shits how my day has been. I only ask people about their day if I actually care or genuinely want to know. People stop asking when you vomit all the vileness that's been stewing in your brain that day.
People not putting their carts in the cart corrals. This is a problem for me because I see one or two that's fine, no big deal slide those babies in there and be on my way, but sometimes I get locked on and the next thing I know is I've got a train of carts and my ice cream has melted. Please put your carts in the corral or go to aldi.

How ******* dainty everything is these days.

It seems like everything needs some kind of expensive specialty companion products, like you can't just have the thing.

Like I've been cleaning my Apple watch just with paper towels, and I'm pretty sure there are now small scratches on the screen. It's not too noticeable yet, but at the same time it's annoying as honeysuckle - like why the fresia can't things be made strong for the real world, where things have to be able to take a hit, and not some ideal world where everything is made out of pillows. Guess I have to buy some microfiber cloths to keep it from getting worse. I just looked up and found ones that aren't that expensive, but still, it's the concept.

I hate ruining things, because you have to be super careful with everything and think of every little thing that can go wrong with everything all the time. It pisses me off so ******* much. Like, I try to be careful in the sense of not dropping things, or banging stuff into walls, and stuff like that. But it's like you have to think of every little thing that can go wrong. You can't just wipe something, it has to be wiped with only the exact right material otherwise it's fresia(ed) just like that. And getting it fixed will be an arm and a leg, of course, because we live in a world where everyone is trying to fresia everyone else over all the time, that's our wonderful civilized society we live in. Things can't just be normal. You have to be careful these days to the point of being a crazy person. It's a wonder anyone gets anything done with all the honeysuckle you have to keep straight at all times.

I hate how you have to think of every motherfucking thing these days, have to anticipate every little thing about everything all the **** time, always have to think at least two steps ahead of everyone and everything else at all times and even that might not be enough, better make it four steps ahead, maybe ten just to be sure. You can't just live. If you do that, you'll make too many mistakes and ruin things. It's like you have to be paranoid to live these days.

Last edited:
Screaming children, doors being slammed, loud car radios, people who cannot converse in a room (shout at you from different places), being whistled at by someone like i am a sheep dog (to get my attention), honeysuckle talkers, people who talk too much.

It seems like everything needs some kind of expensive specialty companion products, like you can't just have the thing.
I get this, especially with Apple products. What really drives me nuts is the way Apple has discontinued the standard 3.5 mm headphone jack on a lot of their products, forcing you to buy their stupid lightning-3.5 mm connector in order to use wired headphones. I'm a devoted Apple user, but it's honeysuckle like this that will eventually force me to switch brands - I hate being nickel-and-dimed like this.

When I go through a drive thru and they fail to give me a straw. What's that? Oh yes of course I can take the top off but why put a top on it if they weren't going to give me straw. What's that? Yes....the top does prevent me from spilling it in my lap and car but what good is the top if I have to take it off to drink it which raises the risk of me spilling it because its full and I'm in a moving car. Yep.... I hate when they don't give me a straw. Actual conversation I have every time I don't get a straw

When I go through a drive thru and they fail to give me a straw. What's that? Oh yes of course I can take the top off but why put a top on it if they weren't going to give me straw. What's that? Yes....the top does prevent me from spilling it in my lap and car but what good is the top if I have to take it off to drink it which raises the risk of me spilling it because its full and I'm in a moving car. Yep.... I hate when they don't give me a straw. Actual conversation I have every time I don't get a straw
Ahhhhhhhhh, it's you and your **** straws! You are the one responsible for global warming and all the pollution in the ocean! Ha! ha!

Starbucks new sippy cup lids to the rescue:
crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

When people go out of their way to say annoying, unhelpful things.

It's like, if you aren't going to say anything helpful, or do anything to help the situation (and in some cases actually make it worse), then just say nothing.

People expecting me to drive my new car 😅 i mean its logical but we all know im far from logical at this point 🤣

Latest posts

Back