Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tealeaf said:
One of my biggest is people who use "nature" as an excuse for things. "Well, we can't stop [insert issue here]! It's just human nature so get used to it, hurr durr."
More smart people. Yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine. An adjacent to this is the "a perfect world would be boring". If that's the case, you shouldn't get aggie over the honeysuckle that goes down now, as that what makes the world "not boring". I don't even bother with people who say that.

Another pet peeve: Cancelling something at the last minute or not calling/communicating at all. Like during my party days (which are non-existent). We'd lock-in for Saturday. Saturday comes and I get no call. The next week in school, it's like nothing happened. I. Hate. That. If we lock something in, you call, text or something. Let me know what's changed. But I guess that's asking too much.

Awesome guys like L in BC leaving :(

musicstoodstill said:
People who swing their cars the opposite direction to make a turn. do they really think they need to help the car turn right or left? grrrr

In some cases it is pretty helpful- I drive a 500 ton truck (fully loaded) at work, that extra bit of room helps on tight corners when trying to keep momentum up....

WildernessWildChild said:

musicstoodstill said:
People who swing their cars the opposite direction to make a turn. do they really think they need to help the car turn right or left? grrrr

In some cases it is pretty helpful- I drive a 500 ton truck (fully loaded) at work, that extra bit of room helps on tight corners when trying to keep momentum up....

Yup....the larger the vehicle, the more room you need to turn.
I've owned a few extended-cab trucks and unless you want to run over the curb, you NEED to swing out before turning. :p

EveWasFramed said:
WildernessWildChild said:

musicstoodstill said:

Yup....the larger the vehicle, the more room you need to turn.
I've owned a few extended-cab trucks and unless you want to run over the curb, you NEED to swing out before turning. :p

For sure.

^imagine the look you get for grenading a $70,000.00 haul truck tire....

Pet peeves... Well, here's my list... And it's only part of it...

(1) Slow people on fast lane...
(2) People who think they're entitled...
(3) Got a call the other day on my cell phone... I said, "Hello?" & the person on the other end says, "Who's this?" That bothers me... So I said, "You called me! Who's this?" Long pause then a hang up...
(4) Hypocrites...
(5) People who constantly judge others...
(6) People who constantly have to "one up" on everybody...
(7) Liars...
(8) People who try to shove their belief system into others...
(9) People who think their way is the only way, or best way & when proven wrong, gets all pissy about it & puts everyone down...
(10) People who abuse their position/authority/power...
(11) Selfish people...
(12) Shallow people...
(13) People who make assumptions about everything & everyone, & usually they have no clue...

List goes on & on...

sk66rc said:
(4) Hypocrites...
(7) Liars...
(13) People who make assumptions about everything & everyone, & usually they have no clue...

Everyone does these, but I agree with them (and the rest of your list) if they take them to extremes

sk66rc said:
(9) People who think their way is the only way, or best way & when proven wrong, gets all pissy about it & puts everyone down...
(10) People who abuse their position/authority/power...

I 100% agree with these.

Also, I'd like to add double standards to the pot.

Players, people who are fake, who lie to their own gain without the slightest thought or concern lfor the others feelings.

Bullies.....they make my blood boil at the moment. My daughter has been bullied (physically assaulted) by one girl on and off for four years. I have now involved the police as the girl is over the age of criminal responsibility. I havebeen bullied all my life from different sources, but now I am in a place where let the cowards ******* dare try to bully me.

General bad manners and rudeness.

TheRealCallie said:
JustSomeGal said:
dried on tooth paste in the sink..

OMG, my kids do this all the time. I try so hard to leave it and make them clean it up themselves, but I never last that long before doing it myself :club:

Oh gosh me too, but I don't have kids - more like my brother. And how he never squeezes the paste properly that it smears all over the opening.
AND shaven facial hairs all over the sink.
*sigh*

ladyforsaken said:
TheRealCallie said:
JustSomeGal said:
dried on tooth paste in the sink..

OMG, my kids do this all the time. I try so hard to leave it and make them clean it up themselves, but I never last that long before doing it myself :club:

Oh gosh me too, but I don't have kids - more like my brother. And how he never squeezes the paste properly that it smears all over the opening.
AND shaven facial hairs all over the sink.
*sigh*

Ugh, facial hairs..My hubby uses a clean bath towel to wipe and then hangs it back up. Nothing like smearing yourself with facial hair when getting out of a shower lol. Always chooses the darkest towel too. So evil

JustSomeGal said:
Ugh, facial hairs..My hubby uses a clean bath towel to wipe and then hangs it back up. Nothing like smearing yourself with facial hair when getting out of a shower lol. Always chooses the darkest towel too. So evil

*freaking out*

Fake people who keep the act going when it's not convincing in any way. If you can't be who the hell you really are because you are in reality that horrible, get the fresia out.

Spitting. Most disgusting habit ever, and in the town I live in even the women do it!!! Ugh! I was at the park with my 5-year old and there was a group of moms there pushing their kids on the swings - I was playing on the slide with my little guy a few feet away, and I was watching these moms talking with each other, and then every few minutes just huck a loogie on the ground like it's nothing....just completely grossed me out, not to mention, #1 - it's a children's play park, the last thing I want is my kid getting a handful of someone's nasty spit, and #2 - their kids are watching and learning from them, and in another 15 years or so we're going to have a whole generation of kids who think it's perfectly acceptable to spit all over the place. How charming...

People complaining about their life, but doing everything in their power to find new things to be angry about and new ways to find wrong.

While other people work their entire lives to climb up out of darkness.

When someone uses, 'lol' or emoticons far too often when writing.

Makes me wonder if he/she/they 'laugh out loud' or flash a beaming smile after every verbal comment too ....

I hate it when people say they are itching something when they are in fact, scratching....

I've always been curious why people not only descend staircases side-by-side (which is understandable when they're talking), but don't make room for people waiting at the bottom to ascend when they can clearly see them there.

Is not pausing a conversation for 15 seconds worth everyone else awkwardly mulling about down there while they take their sweet time?

Latest posts

Back