Pets and Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
I am still very lonely, but I think that it would be much worse if I didn't have my dog. It might sound silly but I think that he knows when I am feeling sad, lonely or depressed. When I feel like that he just comes and sits next to me or follows me around. I wonder, how do they know?

its the same 4 me. i think id curl up & die on those really bad nites if i didnt have my animals
animals can just feel things. theyre special like dat
thank gawd LoL

Exactly!!! I used to have a turtle and he was my best friend. He'd always come in to my room whenever I feel really sad and lonely and I'd make him sit on my lap I look in his eyes and it felt like he understood me and knew me. My buddy..he's been given away so I miss him now..

Pets are so wonderful to have around. So soothing to pet and cuddle when you need that warmth. I miss having pets around, and my sisters cat, well, it's not my cat. I had lost my most treasured dog, and can not even think of replacing her. She was my baby. I do get some comfort out of other peoples pets, so I guess there is a balance there. Enjoy your pets, they are one of the greatest gifts we can have.

I've grown up with two dogs in the family, and I'm very glad for that. One of them had to be put to sleep a few years ago, and the other earlier this year sadly. They're more than just animals. They're the most loyal friends you'll ever have, because they're always there. Care for them and they'll care for you.

Now I've been trying to persuade my family to get cats, but my father is too stubborn. There are hundreds of abandoned cats who needs a home, and I would really really like to help out, and earn a new animal friend or two in the process. When I move out I will definitely go for it ^^

Jeremi said:
I've grown up with two dogs in the family, and I'm very glad for that. One of them had to be put to sleep a few years ago, and the other earlier this year sadly. They're more than just animals. They're the most loyal friends you'll ever have, because they're always there. Care for them and they'll care for you.

Now I've been trying to persuade my family to get cats, but my father is too stubborn. There are hundreds of abandoned cats who needs a home, and I would really really like to help out, and earn a new animal friend or two in the process. When I move out I will definitely go for it ^^

I wanna get a cat too. But I can't get it now, and I'm also thinking of getting one when I live on my own in the future. I love cats! And turtles. :) These adorable animals seem to understand us more than we think they do, sometimes.

I always wanted a turtle when I was a kid. Probably because I was such a huge fan of Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles! My parents refused of course, probably for the better, hehe ^^

Still they're cool animals, ninjas or not

Lol! Mine was a ninja, alright! Cos he had a really tight grip if I were to carry him around (probably scared I'd drop him but after awhile he loosens it knowing it's me) and he kicks really strong for a small little animal. Now I miss my little turt. :(

2102_grief.gif

pets are cool but to much cleaning up after them really gets a pain in the ass lol am lazy kinder guy so I don't have a pet.

I take my mums dog out most days why shes at work. love that dog to bits I do. So that good for me coz it keeps me busy

Oh yes, the cleaning up is just aww-fool. My turtle's honeysuckle - could make me pass out! But I still loved him nonetheless. It's weird though now, cos I miss his honeysuckle smell too. :( Telling him how smelly he is when I had to clean him up, and did I mention that that small little reptile can really piss me off by smearing his big drops all over! Cos I was slow, at cleaning him up and he hated it so that was his revenge to me each time. :D

I think if we really love animals, and we treat them as though they're our real best friends in life, I think we should be ready to clean up their messes too. Like how a friend would mess up, and as a good friend we help them. Just think of it like the animal, your friend, has a disability in cleaning up after themselves and you'd do anything to help. If they can understand us, we have to understand them too. :)

mink said:
Oh yes, the cleaning up is just aww-fool. My turtle's honeysuckle - could make me pass out! But I still loved him nonetheless. It's weird though now, cos I miss his honeysuckle smell too. :( Telling him how smelly he is when I had to clean him up, and did I mention that that small little reptile can really piss me off by smearing his big drops all over! Cos I was slow, at cleaning him up and he hated it so that was his revenge to me each time. :D

LMAO That was one funny post lol I think they do sometimes do stuff thats gonner piss you of if you don't give them a nuff attention. :)

mink said:
I think if we really love animals, and we treat them as though they're our real best friends in life, I think we should be ready to clean up their messes too. Like how a friend would mess up, and as a good friend we help them. Just think of it like the animal, your friend, has a disability in cleaning up after themselves and you'd do anything to help. If they can understand us, we have to understand them too. :)

What a good way of putting it. your right. I have nothing else to add to that,,,, Hay when your right your right :) Just I never realy thought of it that way tell now.

i have a hamster named chewy. then whether i m sad or not she d bite me thinking i m food. sometimes i wish she s a dog so she d understand what's going on... at least a bit...

o.o she s cute though xD

You all are right about how animals sense things. Animals love me and I love them, but, unfortunately, I have allergies. If I want to spend time with a dog or a cat I have to take medicine.

But, one nite, I experienced a traumatic event, had to sleep over my sisters house. She owns a dog and a cat. I was so distraught that I didn't even consider my allergies. I was crying in bed and her little chihuaha (is that spelled right?)his name is bear, he crawled up right up to my neck and licked my tears away. He also started crying. I didn't want him to cry so i stopped crying and comforted him. Funny thing is I had NO ALLERGIC reaction! None at all! Amazing!
Usually I'd be sneezing and wheezing and hived out to the max.
I'll never forget that nite and how that little dog helped me. To this very day we are close, bear and I, he freaks out whenever i visit my sis.s house. My sister say's he doesn't get that way with anyone else ever. I love him.

Latest posts

Back