Pets and Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cklove said:
Usually I'd be sneezing and wheezing and hived out to the max.

Lol that happens to me too sometimes with cats. But once they know me, and come near me, there doesn't seem to be a problem lol. Strange huh.

Blue Sky said:
I am still very lonely, but I think that it would be much worse if I didn't have my dog. It might sound silly but I think that he knows when I am feeling sad, lonely or depressed. When I feel like that he just comes and sits next to me or follows me around. I wonder, how do they know?

aww i feel the same way about my cat
I <3 him..
aren't animals juss the most sweetest loving
things ever? :3

Animals are great :) I've had my cat for 13 years and I love her to bits! If I have a stomach ache, head ache or a cold she will come and lay on my lap and just snuggle. She does that for my parents as well. She just knows somehow. It's adorable :) <3

My dog instead of being a sort of company is a burden, i like her but i dont love her, and my daughter adores the dog so giving it away is out ofr a while. But cleaning her things it's gross now and she's expensive and i dont have a lot of money for her. Seriously i think im not an animal person

I became a dog owner approx 1 year ago for the first time
I now have 2 giant breeds, both bigger than me

If i hadn't had them this year god knows what would have happened to me, they make me get up in a morning, make me walk in the fresh air twice a day and dear god, they make me laugh even if only for a moment it's worth it.

One huge benefit i find is that they do pick up on my moods easily, as they are huge and stubborn if i let them see me upset they will, a.guard me and the house much more strigently but b.think they are in charge,
Because of this i have found that i'm starting to snap out of my moods quicker so not to affect them, this is making me healthier and them happier, it's an intersting one

Plus one shout of 'cuddles' from me and 22 stone of dog appears on each side of me to share slobber, fur and general squishing lol x

I have 3 cats and 2 chincillas and adore them to pieces...they all have a habit of just being there when you really need them...especially Caffrey...she follows me everywhere...and cuddles me when I get upset.

Latest posts

Back