Phobia..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolo

Reaction score
Hey,

Was just wondering, does anyone have any phobias? If so, do you think they are related to any loneliness/any other reason for being here and how does it affect you?
Was thinking, maybe we could share ways of coping that you have picked up for others?

Me, I have ochlophobia (pretty sure thats the right word), aka a fear of crowds. basically i start to get wound up, angry, get really warm, heart beats faster and i basically try getting the hell outa there asap. It makes it hard for me to go shopping, meet people and im always making excuses not to do stuff with others if i think it will get a bit busy. I get crabby as hell and lash out, therefore people think im an arsehole, which im pretty sure if far from the truth!

For the reason, I think its hindering my social development- im moving to uni on saturday, ive been invited to the clubs to get pissed already (like everyone will be doing)....i dont drink and i cant stand clubs, but im afraid to say no! (although there is no chance of me going)

So, anyone else have any phobias?

I have Veritaphobia, which I try to conquer whenever I can, and Kakarrhaphobia, which the same goes for.

I think I have light Mysophobia (Fear of germs).

1. If you have low hygiene or dirty, I would avoid you.
2. I hate it when a home is dirty, clean everything up!
3. I'm ok with touching other people's things (even though I don't know if its clean or not). But if there is a clear sign of dirt, I would avoid it.
4. I tend to avoid public bathrooms, I only go when I really have to. If I have to take a dump, I hold it in no matter what.
5. Doors to public places - Doesn't bother me as much, as long as the handle "looks" clean.

Overall: If it looks dirty, I avoid it. If you smell or are dirty, I avoid you.

Latest posts

Back