Playing in the dirt

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Step 1. Put butter in a frying pan, put in mealworms, cook it, and season with some spices.

egc080.jpg

When I was cooking the mealworms, after they got sufficiently hot they began to expand and it looked like they were wriggling and still alive! After a while later, a few started popping and jumping up like popcorn. Ah what fun. Also, I added Dollar$mart Cajun seasoning — a blend of exciting spices.

source

No, I hate getting dirty. This is why I do computers and music, instead of working construction or other "manly" things.

Minus said:
Step 1. Put butter in a frying pan, put in mealworms, cook it, and season with some spices.

egc080.jpg

When I was cooking the mealworms, after they got sufficiently hot they began to expand and it looked like they were wriggling and still alive! After a while later, a few started popping and jumping up like popcorn. Ah what fun. Also, I added Dollar$mart Cajun seasoning — a blend of exciting spices.

source

*barfs*

Now Runciter may have a different view.

Minus said:

Indeed I do, they really taste quite nice once you get over the "bugs are gross," mentality. I'm quite opinionated about using insects as a source of food and would be happy to talk about it but seen as they're not a vegetable or flower, this thread really isn't the place for such a conversation. Why don't you start an insect food thread Minus?

Minus said:

[IMG=200x150]http://i43.tinypic.com/egc080.jpg[/IMG]

Good weight loss diet.

Runciter said:
MissGuided said:
No need. I've eaten fried crickets, meal worms and even ant-lollies! Fried crickets were the best, quite nutty and crunchy. I could go on all day about the virtues of eating insects but I don't want to sidetrack a thread dedicated to such a noble pursuit. :)

emoticon-0119-puke.gif

The only instance I would eat an insect is if I were stranded in the woods, away from civilization, and it was either eat an insect or myself/someone else.

MissGuided said:
Soooo, am I the only one who has an interest in flower or vegetable gardening around here? Anyone else perchance?

For a number of years i used to garden. Cantaloupe, chive, swiss chard, turnips, lettuce, onions, corn what ever would fit into our short season i would grow. My uncle complained that "if records would grow he would be planting them too."

jtsf_ed5_u8yfi.jpg

jtsf_0d0_u8yfi.jpg

f_jtsf_a27_u8yfi.jpg

These days the only thing i mess with is Morning Glorys.

11lv_47a_u8yfi.jpg

wp9t_dcc_u8yfi.jpg

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:
Minus said:

OMG I LOVE Morning Glories!!!!

I got the impression that they were near to weeds in your area.

They kind of are, I guess, but I still adore them. One of the few things that ever brought me any joy and peace as a kid was admiring the morning glories at a house we lived in for a while.

MissGuided said:
lonelyfairy said:
I love flowers and I would like to do some gardening but at the moment living in so small place without almost no garden... :/
Have you tried container gardening? You can harvest a whole bunch of cherry tomatoes from one plant and they are pretty small and compact.

Oh, I didn't even think about that, thank you! Maybe I should start with one plant or flower in the pot.

Alienated said:
EveWasFramed said:
Something tells me that Miss G doesn't let just anyone plow her garden. :club:

Well I know from experience... you can't get the job, if you don't apply... And if she is a true penis enthusiast, as she says !! Well I got the enthusiastic penis, and right man for the job ! And this is a lonely forum, so I was just putting it out there is all !!

Although your proposal was just downright Romeo and Juliet quality stuff...I'm going to respectfully decline, Alienated. Eve is right, I am very selective in who will be afforded the opportunity to till my soil. I am not your average garden hoe. But, you stay classy, dude. :)

Runciter said:
Minus said:

Indeed I do, they really taste quite nice once you get over the "bugs are gross," mentality. I'm quite opinionated about using insects as a source of food and would be happy to talk about it but seen as they're not a vegetable or flower, this thread really isn't the place for such a conversation. Why don't you start an insect food thread Minus?

Meh, you fellas and your insect recipes don't 'bug' me.....I don't feel like the veggie discussion has been violated and have no intention of shunning you. Hell, the word 'dirt' is right there in the title and worms like dirt so....seems like those critters are welcome here.

Minus said:
For a number of years i used to garden. Cantaloupe, chive, swiss chard, turnips, lettuce, onions, corn what ever would fit into our short season i would grow. My uncle complained that "if records would grow he would be planting them too."

Wow, Minus! Do I detect some squash plants in the middle of that second picture - I can't really tell? And, what is your secret with that corn?! I am totally jelly!

lonelyfairy said:
Oh, I didn't even think about that, thank you! Maybe I should start with one plant or flower in the pot.

Sure, why not? Not sure what your weather is like, but things like Impatiens love the shade, Petunias love sun - both are low maintenance, can be container grown easily and produce *lots* of beautiful flowers. If you decide to plant the cherry tomatoes, I would suggest making sure the plant is listed as, 'determinate'. This will ensure the plant will stay true to the max growth size indicated on the label.

I do all container gardening on my deck since I only have an apartment. I am a huge enthusiast! Right now I have tomatoes, peppers, basil, mint, and many flowers and other plants. I'd have more inside if I could fit them : )

MissGuided said:
Wow, Minus! Do I detect some squash plants in the middle of that second picture - I can't really tell? And, what is your secret with that corn?! I am totally jelly!

It probably is squash. A number of varieties were grown over the years, most often spaghetti squash because people came to expect it. No secret to the corn. Would just plant it when the soil would remain warm enough for proper germination and watch the plants for any indication of a problem with the soil.

Minus said:
No secret to the corn. Would just plant it when the soil would remain warm enough for proper germination and watch the plants for any indication of a problem with the soil.

This year is my first try and although I have seen a few silks, I am not confident. Lotsa clay in our soil and I didn't amend it as well as I could have prior to planting. But, the stalks are 6 feet or so and seem to be happy, so guess we will see. Will be a good learning experience anyway, lol.

Clay can be tough. If you keep composting the waste it will eventually improve the soil. It does sound like they are doing well.

Latest posts

Back