Positive Quote

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijodeganas

Reaction score
I noticed this thread, which I think is fantastic, but I didn't see much other than happy birthday notices.

I think happy birthday notices are great. I love them. But I'm wondering what else can be done to add some optimism to people's lives.

Many people here have great quotes as their signatures. Why not make a thread about them? I'll try to remember to post one positive or uplifting quote a week. Feel free to add along, please.

1st quote:

"Loving yourself is the beginning of a life long romance."

Oscar Wilde.

Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.

I use the above as a sig line on message boards, but haven't gotten around to putting on my sig line here.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"

Henry David Thoreau

"Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure." - Paulo Coelho

"Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.”

Paul Tillich

hijodeganas said:
"Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.”

Paul Tillich

That doesn't sound like a positive quote to me...
D:

MindfulPerson said:
hijodeganas said:

Paul Tillich

That doesn't sound like a positive quote to me...
D:

You must not be a fan of Tillich then. ;)

To me it means that being alone can be painful or glorious, depending on how you choose to look at it.

"It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts."

K.T. Jong

Latest posts

Back