Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a finals test today. Soon. I don't feel like studying for it. I don't have any motivation to do anything, really.

Nobody to talk to either. Bored.....

EDIT:
So the finals test wasn't too bad. Finished early so I could leave and see if I could have some conversation alone with pretty much the only friend I trust at the moment. Then some perverted d-bag comes along and starts screwing everything up between us. Couldn't bring myself to shut him up and get him out. Gah.....

Then even worse, my friend's boyfriend comes in, ignores me totally even though we're supposed to be good friends too, runs off with her. Got fed up and left immediately. Ugh.

Denn deine Augen leuchten für mich
Deine Augen
Ich seh dich an und frag
Wann gehörst du nur mir

DEINE AUGEN! *keyboard solo*

Eugh. I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him. I hate me!

Now I'm going to have to wear a bandage all week, or have people stare.

I'm such a ******* idiot.

I deserve to be in hospital.

No wonder no man loves you.

The only man who could love you is a homeless man.

Cos you're all carved up like a Christmas turkey.

Men don't make passes to girls who.... Frequently try to kill themselves.

Just to balance the scales between negativity and positivity.

I love my life.

Balance has been achieved *bows head*

Soup said:
Just to balance the scales between negativity and positivity.

I love my life.

Balance has been achieved *bows head*

I'm sorry, can I please just ask you a question - as the other thread closed, as requested....

Do you seriously think that I don't want to get over my problems?
That I'm not using every single therapeutic advantage available to me?

I work so so so so hard to make myself well. I've come back to uni, I've made new friends, I've joined an ambassador's scheme, I've started dating again, which has had some pit falls, but I've learnt some life lessons, I've started learning to play an instrument, I was the Vice President of a society and hosted three of the biggest academic events of the year, including an £8,000 summer ball....

If you think that I'm just sitting at home stewing in my misery, then you are sorely mistaken.

Yes, sometimes I fall back into old habits and fail at times, but this is because I am a human being and not a superhero.

I'm sorry I don't seem to match up to your readily accepted practices for a person with severe mental disorders.

But I think you're just being ignorant, quite frankly. Recovery is not a finite thing, there is no bandage that holds everything together ultimately.

Mental illnesses are for life, not just for awkward teenage phases that you grow out of and can put in a box under my bed when I'm bored of it.

I'm pretty livid right now. That statement was childish, blunt and quite frankly ridiculous. If it was a backhanded judgement of me and my lifestyle, I would like to address this publicly in the view of our peers. I'd like you to expand on your clearly revolutionary theory upon the treatment and managment of mental illness.

Please, enlighten me.

You sound mad, you should drink some tea, it's quite calming.

Things happen, you have problems, issues, stumbling blocks... laugh and get over it, it's as simple as that, there is no expansion to it. You're just over complicating things.

You seem to be assuming that I am making this statement purely out of ignorance, like I've never had problems to overcome. I have and I found laughing and getting over it to be the best remedy. Getting mad at what I say is just stupid.

Soup said:

Things happen, you have problems, issues, stumbling blocks... laugh and get over it, it's as simple as that, there is no expansion to it. You're just over complicating things.

You seem to be assuming that I am making this statement purely out of ignorance, like I've never had problems to overcome. I have and I found laughing and getting over it to be the best remedy. Getting mad at what I say is just stupid.

If you've mastered life and you're invulnerable to depression, why do you post on here? Seriously man if you can just laugh at everything and get over it, why don't you go get on with that? Sounds more fun then telling other people they shouldn't be miserable.

It's pretty insulting to say that because you had problems minor enough to just "laugh and get over it", other people should all do the same. I'm sure everyone on here would love to be simple enough to do that. Unfortunately laughing at your situation doesn't alter the chemistry of your brain. Presumably you'd react the same if someone you cared about died? You'd just stand around at their funeral telling people to laugh and get over it, because it's the best remedy.

holsten1 said:
Soup said:

If you've mastered life and you're invulnerable to depression, why do you post on here? Seriously man if you can just laugh at everything and get over it, why don't you go get on with that? Sounds more fun then telling other people they shouldn't be miserable.

It's pretty insulting to say that because you had problems minor enough to just "laugh and get over it", other people should all do the same. I'm sure everyone on here would love to be simple enough to do that. Unfortunately laughing at your situation doesn't alter the chemistry of your brain. Presumably you'd react the same if someone you cared about died? You'd just stand around at their funeral telling people to laugh and get over it, because it's the best remedy.

Ya know, everyone has their own way of dealing with things. I do like to try to "laugh and get over it" at times, but that only tends to work when you're doing something stupid or over reacting, and you have to tell yourself to stop it. Otherwise, I can try to put up my brick wall and ignore it, carry it around with me for days and days and think about it, but never share it, or even share it with someone shortly to get it off my chest. Maybe I'll even shed a few tears sometimes to let it out if it really bothers me but I don't want to share. Everyone has their ways of dealing with their problems, and it is a little ignorant to think that everyone can use the same solution.
I've had people here take me the same way, and get on my case about my harsh advice. The only harsh advice that I use here is when your life sucks, get off your butt and do something about it. Even if you try really hard to go out and meet friends, or explore new places, or get a new job, even if you failed, you tried; That's what matters. You broke the pattern that is sitting on the computer and whining about how much your life sucks all day. But it's harder for people to laugh and get over something. Even if it's an issue between two people and one "laughs it off" to get over it, they still go home with bad feelings they can't ignore. :/

holsten1 said:
Presumably you'd react the same if someone you cared about died? You'd just stand around at their funeral telling people to laugh and get over it, because it's the best remedy.

Already have, a few times.

I haven't mastered life, I'm just a happy person.

I expected this kind of response, just to assume I'm here because I'm desperately lonely would be incorrect. I'm here because I get bored of people very quickly, I had it in mind that I would meet a like minded person of the same age who saw the beauty in mathematics. I was mistaken.

But I don't sit around slashing my eyes or burning my skin because of this, I just moved on and got over it.

I came to a 'lonely' forum because people would be more open to conversation from the beginning, instead of the usual forum case of internet superiority.

I hope I made that simple enough for you to understand :)

Furthermore, Holsten, I believe you should read what Skuzzie wrote... just because you're too miserable to laugh at your misfortunes and lack the determination or character to move on, doesn't mean I'm bound by the same limits.

You seem to be assuming every issue I've had has been a teenage crisis.

Assumptions are bad, unless you're assuming n=k

Soup said:
holsten1 said:
Presumably you'd react the same if someone you cared about died? You'd just stand around at their funeral telling people to laugh and get over it, because it's the best remedy.

Already have, a few times.

I haven't mastered life, I'm just a happy person.

I expected this kind of response, just to assume I'm here because I'm desperately lonely would be incorrect. I'm here because I get bored of people very quickly, I had it in mind that I would meet a like minded person of the same age who saw the beauty in mathematics. I was mistaken.

But I don't sit around slashing my eyes or burning my skin because of this, I just moved on and got over it.

I came to a 'lonely' forum because people would be more open to conversation from the beginning, instead of the usual forum case of internet superiority.

I hope I made that simple enough for you to understand :)

Furthermore, Holsten, I believe you should read what Skuzzie wrote... just because you're too miserable to laugh at your misfortunes and lack the determination or character to move on, doesn't mean I'm bound by the same limits.

You seem to be assuming every issue I've had has been a teenage crisis.

Assumptions are bad, unless you're assuming n=k

Like I said man if you want to apply that to your own life go ahead. I don't care how you deal with your own problems. I just find it offensive you saying other people should do the same and lack determination and character if they don't. Also I didn't say that I don't ever laugh at my own misfortune, and I didn't assume anything about the issues you've had, I don't know where you've gotten that from. Again, I couldn't care less about your problems.

If you're here to avoid "internet superiority" and "assumptions are bad" why are you telling other people you have no idea about that they lack determination and character, and generally being a smartarse? If you were the happy care free person you claim to be you most likely wouldn't be spending your time telling people on the internet how much better you are than them.

It's pretty insulting to say that because you had problems minor enough to just "laugh and get over it",

I never claimed to be care free. I care about things, I am also happy. I never told you I was better than you. My way of dealing with things is far superior than cutting yourself, that is undeniable.

They lack determination and character if they can't, not if they don't.

I'm glad you couldn't care less.

I fail to see your point. I think you feel that me telling someone to 'get over it' is offensive, but to be offended is to be stupid.

Soup said:
It's pretty insulting to say that because you had problems minor enough to just "laugh and get over it",

I never claimed to be care free. I care about things, I am also happy. I never told you I was better than you. My way of dealing with things is far superior than cutting yourself, that is undeniable.

They lack determination and character if they can't, not if they don't.

I'm glad you couldn't care less.

I fail to see your point. I think you feel that me telling someone to 'get over it' is offensive, but to be offended is to be stupid.

To be offended is stupid? You're absurd. Clearly nothing is gonna be gained from me arguing with you more, you're utterly convinced of all of your own shite.

What I say is inconsequential to you or other people on here, so to be offended by it is incredibly stupid, yes.

Soup said:
What I say is inconsequential to you or other people on here, so to be offended by it is incredibly stupid, yes.

So if it's inconsequential to me surely it's stupid to have any reaction to it whatsoever? Or anything anyone says on here? Why are you responding if what I say is inconsequential? That's another absurd argument. You could apply the same dumb logic to pretty much anything anyone ever says. It's not incredibly stupid to be offended by you, what's incredibly stupid is to suggest people can choose what to find offensive.

If you're saying something I think is out of line, it's completely reasonable for me to say so, for your own sake as much as mine. It's irrelevant whether it directly affects my life. I find it hard to believe you go through life never questioning people that say things that offend you. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation, it's gotten ridiculous.

I have no more exams to revise for. I'm just passing the time.

Being offended generally is quite stupid. Logic suggests we shouldn't get offended if something is inconsequential. Questioning people isn't stupid. Being offended by them is.

Sorry you feel that way. Goodnight. :)

SkuzzieMuff said:
Everyone has their ways of dealing with their problems, and it is a little ignorant to think that everyone can use the same solution.

I couldn't have put it better myself Skuzzie. But then, Soup is only 17. Plenty of time left to purge that ignorance I'd say :D

I think my main ""problem"" other than my self-harm, which CLEARLY is as undesirable as fighting with others, drinking to excess or abusing drugs....

...Is my poor judge of character.

This forum has opened my eyes. Thanks, I guess.

lonely2.jpg

Latest posts

Back