Post something beautiful you have seen today.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solivagant said:
I saw several beautiful and unusual things today: A falcon sitting on top of the roof; the sun an unusual pink and orange color which could be looked at without hurting your eyes too much; and of course, fireworks!

TheSkaFish said:
I went out for a walk tonight, and it started to drizzle. I thought it would get worse and that I would quit the walk and turn back, but I decided I had enough of all this rain and kept going. But before long, the rain stopped. I kept walking past this field with bushes and trees, and so many fireflies came out. It wasn't just the usual one, two, or even three fireflies blinking here and there but dozens constantly shimmering their tiny yellow lights. The cluster of hedges and trees was glistening with them. I'd never seen such a concentration of them like that before. It was truly a sight to behold. I'm glad I didn't give up on the walk after all. It was magical.

Thought you might like this website: http://fireflyexperience.org/

=]

I'm just looking through the site now, and loving it. Such incredible firefly closeups. It looks like something out of fantasy....maybe that's why I like them so much. They have a magical quality to them. I see lots of potential Facebook backgrounds here haha :)

Thanks a bunch for sharing.

TheSkaFish said:

No problem. =] I agree, there is something magical about them.

I saw a meteor, falling much closer to earth than a shooting star. I think it was the first time I've seen one that close.

As I was coming back from the beach, a big friendly dog named Shadow greeted me, wagged her tail, and wanted to play. I tossed an old branch about 20 feet behind her, and she lunged after it, grabbed it, trotted back to me, and dropped it at my feet. She looked up at me as if I was the best friend she'd ever had, and she wanted to play some more. I spent about five minutes tossing that branch with Shadow...and then her owner called Shadow back into the house. It's a small thing, but it was beautiful to me.

Finches out on the bird feeder. I have always been in love with finches.

The late summer insects have started to arrive. I'm starting to see monarch (or possibly queen or viceroy) butterflies fluttering about, and cabbage butterflies as well. Also, I saw a fuzzy, goldish caterpillar walking his way through my backyard the other day. The dragonflies have begun buzzing about, and at night I can hear the chirps of the crickets. It's not "seeing" something, but I am hearing it, and it is beautiful.

Solivagant said:
TheSkaFish said:

No problem. =] I agree, there is something magical about them.

Hey Solivagant, I found some links you might like:

http://www.firefly.org/

http://www.vincentbrady.com/fireflies

The top one is good but kinda sad since it talks about how fireflies are endangered, but makes up for it with lots of neat little facts and pictures about them. The second one is a lot like the link you showed me about firefly photos. Anyway. Check 'em out if you'd like.

TheSkaFish said:
Hey Solivagant, I found some links you might like:

http://www.firefly.org/

http://www.vincentbrady.com/fireflies

The top one is good but kinda sad since it talks about how fireflies are endangered, but makes up for it with lots of neat little facts and pictures about them. The second one is a lot like the link you showed me about firefly photos. Anyway. Check 'em out if you'd like.

Thanks for this Ska! =] The pictures here are amazing! I remember joining a FB page for Firefly.org awhile back. It's so sad that they are endangered. Some butterflies are becoming endangered too. :( Too many beautiful things are endangered...

Solivagant said:
I remember joining a FB page for Firefly.org awhile back. It's so sad that they are endangered. Some butterflies are becoming endangered too. :( Too many beautiful things are endangered...

Which page was it, if you don't mind? I might want to join it, too.

I agree that too many things are becoming endangered. Butterflies, like you said, have been in trouble. Especially monarchs, because they need milkweed to survive and it's getting harder to find. I was happy to see some on one of my bike rides this summer, though. So I hope they are able to find it and have some to eat.

LonesomeDay said:
I saw two beautiful butterflies today.

Glad to see you found some butterflies. What did they look like? We have monarchs and similar types, as well as cabbage butterflies. I hope they are able to bounce back after all :)

LonesomeDay' pid='750922' dateline='1441386010' said:
I saw two beautiful butterflies today.

TheSkaFish said:
Glad to see you found some butterflies. What did they look like? We have monarchs and similar types, as well as cabbage butterflies. I hope they are able to bounce back after all :)

It was a cabbage white and a red admiral that I saw. We have a lot of those here. They like the hebe flowers.

Babies who wouldn't stop smiling at me. Sweet little angels. Bless. =)

My grown nephew. Not beautiful per se, but he's grown to be a handsome young man. I just never noticed it until I went to accompany him for a hair cut today and the new hairdo made him look so grown up. My little boy who used to lay his head on my lap for comfort has grown. Ah well.

Seeing the stars from a dark park and then an illuminated show. So pretty only thing that could have topped it would have been a few flurries.

Latest posts

Back