Post your voice!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I continue, please consider posting your voice. It's fun and everyone is complemented.

That being said, I wondered why I jumped at the chance to do this. As a kid, I loved tape recorders. I'd make all sorts of tapes mixing sounds, changing the voices of radio DJs, and just plain fiddling around. - Well, if I was ever lonely as a kid, I'd turn on the recorder and just talk about whatever was on my mind. It was cathartic, but it had an unintended effect: I became used to hearing my voice on tape. At first, I didn't like my voice. We never hear how we really sound until someone records us, which is why so many people hate the sound of their own voice. But I got used to mine, learned to enunciate my speech and moderate the speed for effect. Now, several of you fine people here suggest I should do something with this voice, and it's inspiring me to try. I don't know exactly what form it will take, but if I have a voice, I might as well use it right? Imagine what doors could open up for me? :D

Besides, I think many of you could do the same, as you all have unique and lovely voices yourselves.

Case said:
and it's inspiring me to try. I don't know exactly what form it will take, but if I have a voice, I might as well use it right? Imagine what doors could open up for me? :D

I love this! Who knows where it will take you. =)

ladyforsaken said:
But you sing, right? Or did I mix you up with someone else....

My voice changes a lot when i sing, than when i speak, people say that on the phone it sounds either mysterious, scary or like one of those hot lines voices hehe. It even changes when i speak spanish, german or english, i guess i'm just a weirdo. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Rosebolt said:
No! You're just very versatile! :)
Agree with Rosebolt. You can do animation voice!

Thank u both for thinking positive about it, you're so sweet! :)

I'm very passionate and a horrible perfectionist about learning languages, that includes sounding almost like a native speaker (i don't like having a foreign accent), it takes lots of effort and frustration, but i've achieved this quite well, at least english and german speakers hear me talking and tell me i sound like them. But it has a price :p not only my toungue, lips and teeth adapted to these foreign languages, also my voice, it's not something i do on purpose, it just happens. I guess if i came from Germany, the US or UK that would be actually my voice.

If i talk over the phone or skype in spanish, some make hot line jokes and other comments. Anyway this thread is a good idea, posting our voices, i want to and not at the same time, because i'm very insecure.

^Do it only when you're ready and really want to, Beckett. Either way, I'm sure it's lovely no matter how it sounds. :)

Thomas] said:
You all sound great! Nice idea : )

Very nice voice Thomas!! Thank you for sharing. =) I'm so happy this thread took off and that people were willing to share. So many fine voices out there!

Thanks you two :)

Not at all, Case! To me you sound like you could do exciting commentary on a live Ice Hockey match or something. I dunno it's just like you have that voice! I like the American accent.

Alana I think you sound very kind and caring.

We should have a voice-only conversation thread :D

Thomas] said:
Not at all, Case! To me you sound like you could do exciting commentary on a live Ice Hockey match or something. I dunno it's just like you have that voice! I like the American accent.

Thanks. Maybe I can record myself calling a hockey game and you can record yourself calling a football match. :)

Thomas] said:
Alana I think you sound very kind and caring.

We should have a voice-only conversation thread :D

Thank you very much. =) I think your idea is a great one! Go start it!

Latest posts

Back