Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about your own standards? Where do they come in?

I consider myself someone with extremely high standards, I dont expect perfection but I expect my standards to be met. I get so afraid when I feel like im wasting my time on someone who will never measure up, do you think past misdeeds should come into the measuring process though? Thats what I cant be sure about…

I don't really overthink people, because I've come to learn that overthinking people leads me to a bigger disappointment than if I'd just initially not expected anything at all from them. It cuts the work out of it for me. I'm a Function Over Form kind of a guy.

I think of factorial variables and inconsistencies.
The higher the factorial variables, the more likely the inconsistencies.

So, when it comes to my standards, my overall standard is:
"Is this going to potentially fresia up my life by ******* up my money and stability?"

And if the answer is yes, well, then I don't care how much I want it, that's a hard pass.🙅‍♂️

I'm not really out here trying to "measure" potential partners, I'm out here trying to survive. I am admittedly an opportunist however, which I have to check myself, so I don't accidentally wreck myself. Because I mean: "I should've checked myself," said the man who wrecked himself. Yeah, I don't wanna be that guy, my life is messed up enough as it is.

I'm actually kind of boring by a lot of women's standards and perspectives. 😂

I like this, I knew there was something you men would get judgey about. Well yeah or maybe it just got leaked idk... but she made a video 3 years ago and now she wants to be your lady lol she obviously cant go back in time, so would that be a complete deal breaker?
Yes. End of the day I'm just not comfortable with someone who had that kind of attitude towards intimacy. that goes for partner count too (as is more than average). Even if she’d changed. It’d be like ‘All the best!’, thanks but no thanks, let's be buddies..

Yes. End of the day I'm just not comfortable with someone who had that kind of attitude towards intimacy. that goes for partner count too (as is more than average). Even if she’d changed. It’d be like ‘All the best!’, thanks but no thanks, let's be buddies..
I like that you have your standards, would you ask the partner count, how soon would you ask? Thats an interesting convo

Awh, im sure you're not

It doesn't bother me. I'm getting older.
One of the things about getting older is that you progressively become less concerned with things like relationships.
My friend says I'm in the "get off my lawn" stage of my life.
😬😅

It doesn't bother me. I'm getting older.
One of the things about getting older is that you progressively become less concerned with things like relationships.
My friend says I'm in the "get off my lawn" stage of my life.
😬😅
Lool oh nooo are you super grumpy?

Lool oh nooo are you super grumpy?

Nah not really, I just scare the Hell out of the man totally unintentionally. 😂 I'm a long-haired white dude, I kind of look like 1990's-era Tom Araya, I'm not his preferred crowd. We're friends and we get along, I just look really fish-out-of-water. Plus he's taking pot-shots at my obsession with trying to be responsible, I'm somewhat of a workaholic, whereas, he's aloof, easily distracted, and will admit that he's lazy on a good day.

Nah not really, I just scare the Hell out of the man totally unintentionally. 😂 I'm a long-haired white dude, I kind of look like 1990's-era Tom Araya, I'm not his preferred crowd. We're friends and we get along, I just look really fish-out-of-water. Plus he's taking pot-shots at my obsession with trying to be responsible, I'm somewhat of a workaholic, whereas, he's aloof, easily distracted, and will admit that he's lazy on a good day.
Wait.. he's white? lol race is so confusing 🤔

Wait.. he's white? lol race is so confusing 🤔

No, I'm white. He's black. We're both introverted creatives though, I'm a musician and he's an artist and gamer, so we have a lot of overlap. He normally doesn't hang out with long haired heavy metal dudes because admittedly there's really not that many here, there never have been. I've lived in this town most of my life. I've travelled a lot, but eventually went back to my hometown for familiarity reasons.

I don't get it, what do you mean? He could just be cold?
It's like a massive taboo ska lolz men are not allowed to wear socks to bed.
No, I'm white. He's black. We're both introverted creatives though, I'm a musician and he's an artist and gamer, so we have a lot of overlap. He normally doesn't hang out with long haired heavy metal dudes because admittedly there's really not that many here, there never have been. I've lived in this town most of my life. I've travelled a lot, but eventually went back to my hometown for familiarity reasons.
wait wait no, this guy Tom Araya...

wait wait no, this guy Tom Araya...

Eh?

slayerta906_580x.jpg

THAT'S Tom Araya. 😂

I don't really think about race, so I guess I've never had that thought before?
Usually when I think of Tom I'm thinking about rhythm patterns, not what race he is.
🤷‍♂️😂
I'm so confused lol you said you was a white man with long hair, and to think this guy, and so im thinking, oh is he white lol

Latest posts

Back