Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awh its a touchy subject I understand

Honestly my brother acts like this with alllll women, I wasnt really going down the abuse route. I’d say he just acts like women should be allowed to walk all over him, I joked with him once about him doing something wrong and he clearly didnt he immediately started to say sorry and i was like wow 🙈 he has slight learning difficulties though
Not a touchy subject I just have no time for people who abuse others.

Loool I'd be shaken, I'd just break up for some fake reason 🙈
It could be as simple as they don't realize it, but you know what, even if it is depression, you just feel better after a nice hot shower.
And if you're so worried about offending him, you could always just invite him to join you in the shower/bath.

It could be as simple as they don't realize it, but you know what, even if it is depression, you just feel better after a nice hot shower.
And if you're so worried about offending him, you could always just invite him to join you in the shower/bath.
That's one of the symptoms of depression, so I'd be concerned for their mental state. Like ohgawd, what'd I do? 😬
Thats a sign of depression??? No wayyy never heard of that... obviously like a total shut down. I have heard of depression causing dirty houses though. When my dad died... ugh... my poor apartment suffered the price.

Drag her into the shower with me.
drag... you are an alpha now Finished! 🙈

Anxiety and depression can cause you to not care about yourself at all, so like some people will just not eat, or eat the bare minimum/things that require no effort people will also go without showers or baths, combing their hair, bothering to dress/stay in the same clothes etc because it's easier that way.

Thats a sign of depression??? No wayyy never heard of that... obviously like a total shut down. I have heard of depression causing dirty houses though. When my dad died... ugh... my poor apartment suffered the price.
Yeah, it's kind of the same as not cleaning. Takes too much energy that they don't feel they have. My kid always feels a little better after a shower though, so yeah, I'm not a dick about it, but I do say something.

Yeah, it's kind of the same as not cleaning. Takes too much energy that they don't feel they have. My kid always feels a little better after a shower though, so yeah, I'm not a dick about it, but I do say something.
Yeah, I feel like cleaning places was always a chore to me than cleaning myself, so during depression I kinda give up on chores but not core things like cleaning myself, Jesus, if I ever did that, I'd want someone to just do it for me, that cant be healthy. Has to be hard for a woman to get away with that with all our lovely monthly biologies or those of us that experience that anyway... uhh cant imagine.

Although you did say your partner in your original question. Know for me because I am alone and rarely see people I fall under most of what I said in my post, like if I have to go out I will put on clean clothes and give myself what people used to call a whore's bath (just use warm water from the sink, get a cloth and soap and stuff and wash that way, not the best but it's easier then getting in and out of the shower and quicker).

But if I was with someone I'd def put in more effort and if I saw them falling into the same sort of state as I mention I would just do my best to support them run them a bath myself or get the shower ready for them/us

Although you did say your partner in your original question. Know for me because I am alone and rarely see people I fall under most of what I said in my post, like if I have to go out I will put on clean clothes and give myself what people used to call a whore's bath (just use warm water from the sink, get a cloth and soap and stuff and wash that way, not the best but it's easier then getting in and out of the shower and quicker).

But if I was with someone I'd def put in more effort and if I saw them falling into the same sort of state as I mention I would just do my best to support them run them a bath myself or get the shower ready for them/us
Really? That's easier and faster? Seems like it would be harder to me. But, a nice hot shower will make you feel better, so get in there. Make your bathroom into a sauna and breath in the hot steam. Deep breathes! :p

Sounds hard, I hope you can start small, maybe one bath a month even, and gradually build it up, you deserve to be clean and looked after. 😇

Really? That's easier and faster? Seems like it would be harder to me. But, a nice hot shower will make you feel better, so get in there. Make your bathroom into a sauna and breath in the hot steam. Deep breathes! :p
Sounds hard, I hope you can start small, maybe one bath a month even, and gradually build it up, you deserve to be clean and looked after. 😇

The sink's closer, when you barely want to get out of bed you really can't be bothering turning the shower on, waiting for it to hit the right temp, getting in etc you just go for the closest thing xD

Oh I'm ok now not in such a dark place, like I have my moments but yeah can shower fine, I was just pointing out another reason people might not live up to people's standards sometimes, honeysuckle can be hard sometimes *shrugs*

The sink's closer, when you barely want to get out of bed you really can't be bothering turning the shower on, waiting for it to hit the right temp, getting in etc you just go for the closest thing xD

Oh I'm ok now not in such a dark place, like I have my moments but yeah can shower fine, I was just pointing out another reason people might not live up to people's standards sometimes, honeysuckle can be hard sometimes *shrugs*

I'm happy to hear that, honestly in my humble opinion someone else's standards are totally irrelevant if they cant even do what needs to be done for themselves. It's a deep rabbit hole, people ask so much of their significant others, it can be a make or break.

It's actually one of the most prominent signs of depression, although it's easily overlooked.
See, part of the problem is that what it clinically is, and what society thinks that it is, are two different things.
Society seems to think that it just beings being sad, and I wish to Hell it was that simple, but it's not.

What it actually is, is when you lack emotional processing for information of the external world around you.
In that example: You could be genuinely enjoying yourself, but without any external emotional connection to the world around you whatsoever.
Say you're at the beach on a nice Spring day. You and the man have a little bit of extra money to enjoy yourself, so you get refreshments, the weather is nice, it's not too crowded, but not destitute either, and everything is going fine. You love your man, and you know that you love your man, but you don't FEEL like you love your man in that moment.....that's the clinical definition of depression verbatum.

Another example being:
Ya'll call it a night in, order some food for delivery and watch a series together that you *only* watch together, because it's your special thing and you're trying to rekindle the romance. You even comment on plot twists, and have an interactive experience of experiencing this film or series together, and you know that you love your man...but you don't FEEL like you love your man in that moment.

Depression is when activities that you normally either enjoy doing, or don't struggle with doing, suddenly become joyless, and become a struggle to maintain.

If you find no joy in life because you're struggling with depression, the first thing to usually go is hygiene. It's subconscious, most people don't even realize it, or in the event that they *do* realize it, it's so hard to make yourself try to do something that you used to care about but suddenly don't anymore because you're depressed.

When you are depressed, your emotional spectrum is depressed, that is, flattened, boxed, or confided. That's why it's called Depression in the first place, it's the flattening of feeling, or a woolen numbness usually characteristically combined with some hazy spiciness of some sorts, as if the person isn't really there entirely.

It's actually one of the most prominent signs of depression, although it's easily overlooked.
See, part of the problem is that what it clinically is, and what society thinks that it is, are two different things.
Society seems to think that it just beings being sad, and I wish to Hell it was that simple, but it's not.

What it actually is, is when you lack emotional processing for information of the external world around you.
In that example: You could be genuinely enjoying yourself, but without any external emotional connection to the world around you whatsoever.
Say you're at the beach on a nice Spring day. You and the man have a little bit of extra money to enjoy yourself, so you get refreshments, the weather is nice, it's not too crowded, but not destitute either, and everything is going fine. You love your man, and you know that you love your man, but you don't FEEL like you love your man in that moment.....that's the clinical definition of depression verbatum.

Another example being:
Ya'll call it a night in, order some food for delivery and watch a series together that you *only* watch together, because it's your special thing and you're trying to rekindle the romance. You even comment on plot twists, and have an interactive experience of experiencing this film or series together, and you know that you love your man...but you don't FEEL like you love your man in that moment.

Depression is when activities that you normally either enjoy doing, or don't struggle with doing, suddenly become joyless, and become a struggle to maintain.

If you find no joy in life because you're struggling with depression, the first thing to usually go is hygiene. It's subconscious, most people don't even realize it, or in the event that they *do* realize it, it's so hard to make yourself try to do something that you used to care about but suddenly don't anymore because you're depressed.

When you are depressed, your emotional spectrum is depressed, that is, flattened, boxed, or confided. That's why it's called Depression in the first place, it's the flattening of feeling, or a woolen numbness usually characteristically combined with some hazy spiciness of some sorts, as if the person isn't really there entirely.
I 100% agree with this, it's true, I came off antidepressants recently, maybe 2 years ago now, when my dad passed I thought thats it... im going back, but I didn't, and that was hard, I thought how could I not be depressed losing him, I have never felt so sad, so theres a huge difference there that often gets confused.

I think it's the sadness that makes it seem relatable to those who have never experienced it, but its so strange how differently it affects people, my friend never cried with depression all I could do was cry and my hygiene and fitness stayed the same but her fitness did not... not sure about the hygiene thing, but she deffo gained weight.

Latest posts

Back