Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opposites always attract! I agree with what you said :)

I think it creates a nice balance when one talks more than the other.. and as you said, would help bring the other out of their quiet shell :)
Yeah, as I said I am a pretty quiet person, always have been. In a group of people its even worse, I guess that I have never really like the focus and attention being on me, I much prefer to just blend into the background and just quietly be there. It was kind of a self defense mechanism growing up due to the way I look that I have never managed to shake off. I guess on a one to one basis I would be more talkative, but it really does take me a long time to warm up to someone and trust in their acceptance of me.

Question 2:

Would you rather your significant other be an introvert or extrovert?

Introvert.
Mostly because I've only dated extroverts, purely by happenstance.
I'm introverted, it'd be nice to have someone more familiar that way.

Question for the guys
Do you like a first date kiss?How soon is too soon for you to kiss?

I don't really overthink it. Mostly because it's going to surprise me no matter when it happens for the first time.

Question for the guys
Do you like a first date kiss?How soon is too soon for you to kiss?
I've never been on a proper date, but even if I was dating then one evening would not be enough for me to truly determine whether I ought get closer to the other person. I don't know what the right time would be, but it would take me a lot longer.

I gotta question for the dudes. :)

Would you rather your significant other talk too much or too little? no middle ground... if you're forced to pick. pick one.

Everyone talks more than I do. Doesn't make the question any easier. I'm with someone who talks a lot by my standards but I usually deal well with people that talk more than me, they draw me out of my silence. It will depend on the quality of the words...I might take my chances with "talks too much".

PS: I can still pick introvert for the other question, right? Introverts can also talk a lot...in private.

Question 2:

Would you rather your significant other be an introvert or extrovert?
That is another very good question.

I am very much an introvert so I would be very worried that my quiet lifestyle wouldn't be enough for an extrovert, but then as per your previous question about about with someone who talks too little/too much, an extrovert might bring me out of my shell more. It would take a long time, maybe too long for them to hang around.

I might need to think about this one some more.....

I'm more attracted to introverts but it doesn't mean I would be compatible with one. I would probably need someone who could take up the slack and fill in those awkward silences.

Question 3:

Have you ever had a female friend, and thought nothing of her in *that way* - everything remained on the strictly platonic level between the two of you - never transpiring into any sort of romance at all?

you always forget sex ... we men think of banging women that give us the slightest attention ... romance is optional indeed but sex is mandatory

Question 3:

Have you ever had a female friend, and thought nothing of her in *that way* - everything remained on the strictly platonic level between the two of you - never transpiring into any sort of romance at all?

Yeah. Women I'm not attracted to. 🤷‍♂️
But also I have quite a bit of personal self control and, just because I find someone attractive doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be a good match for me or something I should necessarily pursue.

It's easy for me to bluntly state my attraction.
I think like an artist, women often remind me of Waterhouse paintings and the like.

But I've also been attracted to women who genuinely are not good people or have the kinds of problems that I don't want in my life. So learning to look before I leap, was a very useful skill that has saved me from more trouble than what I've already had to have gone through in my life.

Yeah. Women I'm not attracted to. 🤷‍♂️
But also I have quite a bit of personal self control and, just because I find someone attractive doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be a good match for me or something I should necessarily pursue.

It's easy for me to bluntly state my attraction.
I think like an artist, women often remind me of Waterhouse paintings and the like.

But I've also been attracted to women who genuinely are not good people or have the kinds of problems that I don't want in my life. So learning to look before I leap, was a very useful skill that has saved me from more trouble than what I've already had to have gone through in my life.
I'm still trying to figure out why I pursue certain guys, lk narcissists for ex. Part of learning I guess.

I'll remember it next time..
after a longer pause today I resumed with a new therapist ... I think this will help me alleviate this OCD sex posting but now honestly I'm not able to sustain a platonic friendship between two singles ... at least on my side that feeling of closeness leads to the need of getting physical sooner or later

Question 3:

Yes, a girl from school, then somebody from work. Although those wouldn't be close or lifelong friendships.

I'm still trying to figure out why I pursue certain guys, lk narcissists for ex. Part of learning I guess.

I am from a very poor and very dysfunctional family.
So it's shaped my development accordingly.
I've always done dangerous, hard labor types of jobs.
Which helped me develop critical thinking skills further than I'd thought possible.
The result is that I have mostly cognitive and logical thoughts, or emotionlessly weightless thoughts.

There are pros and cons to that.
The massive benefit is that it makes me highly functionally fluid and efficient.
I can move incredibly fast and accurately through both decisions and actions and even organize them in time management.

But also I struggle socializing and connecting, because I'm no longer used to having something that I value to care about losing on an emotional level beyond that of platonic friendships who often come and go throughout life.

The other con to that is that it's very easy to become untethered that way, and spiral out into clinical depression, or the lack of feeling anything at all for potentially up to several months. It's not the same as being sad, being sad is a feeling, I mean absolutely nothing, no emotional connectivity to the world around me. With no known certainty as to when that will lift and I'll feel something, anything, again. That can get bad, very bad, quickly, because the human mind isn't really supposed to be able to maintain that kind of a state for a long time. Like I start hallucinating and honeysuckle.

Conclusively that's why I stopped dating.
I'm not mentally stable enough for the challenges of it.

Latest posts

Back