Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I have some catching up to do. Sunweb and Logos (as well as others) gave some good answers. Unacceptance in his own humorous way has given some good answers too.

“Why do men ask what a woman is doing this weekend without any intentions of asking her out?”

Well, in some cases it may just be small talk. In a lot of them (and this is where I fall in) we’re trying to build up the courage to ask you out but can’t go through with it. I have been able to a few times and even after she said she didn’t have any plans, as soon as I asked her suddenly she can’t go out. Very crushing.

For your translations from that book. Well, yes there are a lot of guys out there who think that way. They drive me nuts. Guys like that are the biggest reason so many of us have a hard time getting women to trust our intentions. Yes, we’re all guys. We all have the voice in our heads that comes from our sex drive. But many of us are able to – maybe not silence it, but at least pay less attention to it than the ones who inspire books like that.

Yes, we do go to bars and clubs. We’re usually with a small group of friends or alone at the bar. Look for the guy in the dark corner trying not to be seen, or the one at the bar not turning around or spending his time watching the tv. Like was said, we have a hard time approaching women there. Especially if they are in a group. A group of women is bad enough, but if you’re there with guys……well we have no way of knowing if you’re with one of them.

Even eye contact is hard for me. In some cases if she sees me I’ll turn away embarrassed. If I see her smile my way then a lot of times I am afraid to ruin that by opening my mouth and having her find out what an idiot I am.

Calling at a specific time? Well, my word is about all I really have. If I say I’m going to do something I do it. Now, having said that there is another thing to take into account. If I say I’ll call at 10:00 and the phone rings right at 10, does that seem desperate? Would making it seem like I wasn’t sitting there with my thumb on the send button while I count down the seconds be better? Not necessarily 45 minutes, but maybe 5?

And you should wear anything that you feel comfortable in, but also something that gives the message you want it to.

The one time I did have to break up with a woman it was quick and in person. But necessary. We were driving along and she was smacking me for something stupid. I pulled over and got out of the car right there on the highway and walked home. Had to have a friend take me to pick my car up at her house the next day. But even if it was one of those slow to happen things I would do it in person out of respect. If it’s the other way around – well I don’t know. I would hope they’d have the same respect for me, but then again I wouldn’t want them to see me break down. So either way is bad. But via text? No way!

It sounds like you did the right thing breaking up with “GMW”. He just sounds too immature to know what’s important, thus taking you for granted. And now that you’ve broken up with him his ego won’t accept that and he’s trying to turn it around so he’ll look like a “big man” to his buddies. I’m afraid that he’s probably not the type you could remain friends with as he’ll see it as your attempt to get back together at some later time. (crawling back)

I’ve never had any “F***buddies”. I’m not the type who can sleep with someone I’m not romantically interested in.

If a guy is flirting with my g/f? I’d probably do something like give her a kiss or put my arm around her to let him know we’re together. Hopefully he’ll get the message. While I have never been afraid of getting into a guys face, there’s always the “what will she think of me if I do this” aspect I have a hard time wrestling with. Basically it’s my fear of what she thinks of me that would save him from a fight.

And her flirting with another guy is ok up to a point. Trust is a big part of a relationship, right? As long as she still leaves with me everything’s good. Unfortunately in my personal life that end result is questionable right now. :(

As far as letting a woman know I’m interested…….well I still have a hard time with that myself.

pkg_inc said:
"I just don't feel the same way anymore. I don't know what to say, it's probably hard for you to understand, but something's changed. I think I need some time for myself"

Were you at my house a few months ago? That sounds very familiar. :(

Lonesome Crow said:
yeah..but sometimes us guys can't tell the phycos from the nice
ones....i think gals should have phyco or nice stamp on their forehead.
Everyonce in a while we'll run into stalkers too.
Good lord..i only asked her for a date ..the next thing i knew
she's chasing me all over town.

I’d give my left arm to have someone chase me all over town. :(

ok I have a question or more :p

why do guys look for someone else when the woman they liked in the first place tells him she likes him too?

do guys hate it when women show their true feelings to them?

I once heard from someone, if you like a guy ignore him that way you will get him, is it true?

and one last thing, its a stupid one but i'll give it a go

A guy like Noah in the movie "The Notebook" can be found, or that's just fiction can never happen in real life?

awh lol i liked that movie as well...the notebook. lol yea i think guys like him exist but as rare. i'm a girl btw

LonelyFebruary said:
ok I have a question or more :p

why do guys look for someone else when the woman they liked in the first place tells him she likes him too?

Those kids of guys are either players or just don't know what they want. Not the kind to get too deeply invested in as they will more than likely cheat on you or dump you when the wind changes.

LonelyFebruary said:
do guys hate it when women show their true feelings to them?

Not all of them. That's pretty much an individual thing. I myself feel good when a woman feels she can open up to me like that.

LonelyFebruary said:
I once heard from someone, if you like a guy ignore him that way you will get him, is it true?

Up to a point. I think it works both ways in fact. Up to a point everyone wants what they can't have. The things that are just out of reach. That's part of what gives us the famous "thrill of the chase". But people will only chase so far before they give up, thinking that the thing they desire is unattainable. That again will depend on the person.

LonelyFebruary said:
and one last thing, its a stupid one but i'll give it a go

A guy like Noah in the movie "The Notebook" can be found, or that's just fiction can never happen in real life?

I've never seen that movie, sorry. But there are all kinds of guys out there. It's just a matter of weeding through the others to find the one you want. Of course you also have to remember that no one is perfect. And while you may find someone close to what you are looking for you will probably have to make some compromises. Just never compromise too much to hurt your happiness.

LonelyDragon said:
Up to a point. I think it works both ways in fact. Up to a point everyone wants what they can't have. The things that are just out of reach. That's part of what gives us the famous "thrill of the chase". But people will only chase so far before they give up, thinking that the thing they desire is unattainable. That again will depend on the person.

i like the way u put that.

so it seems that this would to me be... the more cocky/confident/thinking-he-is-the-bomb a guy, the more likely he is to chase.

the humble guys might not chase as much..so may be if you want a humble guy... dont ignore people.??

Fellow guys how do you enjoy the chase. As I get to know woman I just tend to find them boring or dull or not worth the effort. Or I put in a lot of effort only to get nothing back then give up.

LonelyFebruary said:

I imagine it is possible. It is also likely that he may take it as a lack of interest and go on his way.

jales said:
LonelyDragon said:

i like the way u put that.

so it seems that this would to me be... the more cocky/confident/thinking-he-is-the-bomb a guy, the more likely he is to chase.

the humble guys might not chase as much..so may be if you want a humble guy... dont ignore people.??

Yeah thats about right. I personally am not a huge fan of "the chase", it bugs me when a girl ignores me.

frey12 said:
Fellow guys how do you enjoy the chase. As I get to know woman I just tend to find them boring or dull or not worth the effort. Or I put in a lot of effort only to get nothing back then give up.

I seem to do the same thing. It may not be that I don't like the woman or anything. I just get bored quickly. When I do find a woman that keeps me interested and I put all my effort into. I get burned. I have a very hard time finding a woman that understands me. I dated a women not long ago that totally understood everything about me. It ended though, because again I just felt bored with it.

Naleena said:
When i ask a girl that question,thats just what i mean,just wondering what they are up too.
OK, so I'm not a man but, sometimes I would like to know what you guys think :) Soooo here is the thread to do it in.

Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:

Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

The real problem with all of this is stereotyping. I really don't believe there is a true difference between men and women outside of a cultural context. It's all learned, beliefs, and expectations. If women are no good spacaly then why were there Russian women who did well in every upper math class I have ever taken? Before we are born we all start out female. People make some big show of not understanding the opposite sex when the real problem is that they don't really understand others who think differently then themselves. Don't really care about anyone other then themselves enough to try and then ***** about their own ineptitude. Are too full of themselves and think they are so smart that they can't even acknowledge it. There are men who are more like women. Women who are more like men. EVERYONE is Different. There is no sure fire way to know anything about anyone without actually asking THEM. Without being able to see people as individuals I think many people miss the truth all together. What is worse is we create expectations for others and then get upset, because people aren't what we expect? Because people being individuals makes it too hard? There is no sure fire way to read or understand anyone without actual verbal communication and even then it's difficult. Especially when lying and manipulation is added into the whole thing. It's strange really. It's like we want to look at men as toasters and women as ovens and think they are all alike and function like some object. The real truth is that people are not objects and are as unique as fingerprints. People get married. Never even get to know each other. Complain because they don't know each other at all. Just wanted to stereo type each other. Blame their lack of understanding on gender, rather then their inability to give a **** about anyone, but themselves. It's some cosmic joke.

The whole men and women think differently is just hype. Different people think differently and some think even more differently then others.

how do you feel about raising another mans child?

i asked this question in the womens thread.
h i said:
i recently met a woman who doesnt want to give birth. shes okay with adopting a child maybe 5 years or older later in life, but doesnt want to give birth. is this a phase? is it common? other then pain of child birth, why wouldnt women want to have children?

women seem to admire and accept adoption. which gives them the option to not give birth. since there are so many children that need a family.

i personally cant do it. heritage is a bond by blood. its a privilege. i would need at least one child of my own before i would consider adoption. otherwise i would feel like im support another man, and not myself. he may not know the child, because hes a failure of a father, but its his bloodline thatll survive, while if i dont have a child... my bloodline will die.

weird way of looking at it. but, i do.

actually it's not that surprising.

my boyfriend feels the same way too.

If it ever arose that I had a relationship with someone who already had kids, I guess I would be pretty alright with that.
I would like to have one or two kids of my own, but I wouldn't mind looking after a 3rd and 4th that are not my own. Preferably adopted, but you never know what will happen.

Basically my picture atm is to have 2 of my own and 2 adopted.

h i said:
how do you feel about raising another mans child?

i asked this question in the womens thread.
h i said:
i recently met a woman who doesnt want to give birth. shes okay with adopting a child maybe 5 years or older later in life, but doesnt want to give birth. is this a phase? is it common? other then pain of child birth, why wouldnt women want to have children?

women seem to admire and accept adoption. which gives them the option to not give birth. since there are so many children that need a family.

i personally cant do it. heritage is a bond by blood. its a privilege. i would need at least one child of my own before i would consider adoption. otherwise i would feel like im support another man, and not myself. he may not know the child, because hes a failure of a father, but its his bloodline thatll survive, while if i dont have a child... my bloodline will die.

weird way of looking at it. but, i do.

Amen to that! I have 2 kids, one 7 and the other 14 months, both boys. Both from seperate moms. Both failedmarriages. But Atleast I keep my bloodline going. Without me, it would be wiped out. Its like I tell me parents. I give you grand kids, and you bail me out when i fresia up my life for the 5th, or 6th time. :)

We're kind of overpopulated here, guys.

I don't want to continue my bloodline because there's nothing for them to look forward to.

Brian said:
We're kind of overpopulated here, guys.

I don't want to continue my bloodline because there's nothing for them to look forward to.

There is soo much to look forward to. Just dont allow them to get wrapped in the everyday mundane bullshit that surrounds most people.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Back when I was dating it was so simple.
You just club em on the head and drag em back to your cave.

:club:

I guess I am really old.:p

I hear some women still like that.;) LOL

heee,heee..... Only the rough as a tomboy kind of
females. That would be called rape and violence,
and abuse to most women,but I do agree that the
women who like rough & tumble & fist fights with
other females & men would not mind it so much if
at all.Don't try it however because you could land
in jail because some butch girls claim to be choosey,
lol....

BabyDoll said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Back when I was dating it was so simple.
You just club em on the head and drag em back to your cave.

:club:

I guess I am really old.:p

I hear some women still like that.;) LOL

heee,heee..... Only the rough as a tomboy kind of
females. That would be called rape and violence,
and abuse to most women,but I do agree that the
women who like rough & tumble & fist fights with
other females & men would not mind it so much if
at all.Don't try it however because you could land
in jail because some butch girls claim to be choosey,
lol....

err...he was soooooo joking. =\

would you shave to impress someone?

like if you had a beard, and the person you liked hinted that she didnt like beards. would you shave it off?

Latest posts

Back