Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything you just said, but does it really fit where you're trying to put it? I don't think anyone is trying to use anecdotal evidence or deny biology here.

Xpendable said:
Nice reductio ad absurdum. You are not willing to accept other points o view and rely on false conern as a tool.

"Keep not being like I want you to be and you will be alone until 80"Nice encouraging, tbh. I don't agree with Ska at everything but that sounds a lot more fatal of what he says. You people refuse to accept again and again that the human species on a big "general" have pretty similar characteristcs. it doesn't really matter what the individual of the friend of a friend who everyone uses as an exception does, human are shallow animals a no naive vision of this new age thinking is going to change that. You need to separate what society says from what society does and understand that the biological rules above the socio-cultural. We should stop lying to ourselves and realize social relations are, were and will be utilitarian forever until the human race goes extinct and no wishful thinking is going to make any difference.

Please point out how i do not accept others' points of view based on my previous comment.

Ska appears to me to be struggling. I am offering a different take that has worked for me and many others. I have tried different tones before. 

Also please explain this biology talk. If you want to take it there, am i not playing into biology by encouraging the development of biological "survival skills" if you will?

Volt said:
Xpendable said:
Nice reductio ad absurdum. You are not willing to accept other points o view and rely on false conern as a tool.

"Keep not being like I want you to be and you will be alone until 80"Nice encouraging, tbh. I don't agree with Ska at everything but that sounds a lot more fatal of what he says. You people refuse to accept again and again that the human species on a big "general" have pretty similar characteristcs. it doesn't really matter what the individual of the friend of a friend who everyone uses as an exception does, human are shallow animals a no naive vision of this new age thinking is going to change that. You need to separate what society says from what society does and understand that the biological rules above the socio-cultural. We should stop lying to ourselves and realize social relations are, were and will be utilitarian forever until the human race goes extinct and no wishful thinking is going to make any difference.

Please point out how i do not accept others' points of view based on my previous comment.

Ska appears to me to be struggling. I am offering a different take that has worked for me and many others. I have tried different tones before. 

Also please explain this biology talk. If you want to take it there, am i not playing into biology by encouraging the development of biological "survival skills" if you will?

Don't bother with him Volt, I learned quite a while ago that he isn't really interested in constructive discussion.

Xpendable said:

If you are in agreement with those videos then we are in agreement. I addressed that very thing in my comment to him. The fourth paragraph that i wrote.

Volt said:
You say that everyone who is not evil does not deserve to be shut off. Essentially saying they deserve praise by virtue of not being evil. Let's assume this is true for a second. If i'd give you the embodiment of the person you envision as your nemesis, you'd slit his throat so fast that his entire family would perish with him at that instant. You definitely have evil in you, you definitely can be a "bad guy" "dudebro(that one is new to me, lol)" or whatever you call "them". That's fine though, same here. 

This reads like o variation on the Nice Guy shaming tactic. "Oh so you think meeting minimum requirements of decency entitles you to a relationship" etc., etc.Heard it before, countless times.  I doubt Ska actually thinks this, regardless of his blind spots and lack of motivation.

ardour said:
Volt said:
You say that everyone who is not evil does not deserve to be shut off. Essentially saying they deserve praise by virtue of not being evil. Let's assume this is true for a second. If i'd give you the embodiment of the person you envision as your nemesis, you'd slit his throat so fast that his entire family would perish with him at that instant. You definitely have evil in you, you definitely can be a "bad guy" "dudebro(that one is new to me, lol)" or whatever you call "them". That's fine though, same here. 

This reads like o variation on the Nice Guy shaming tactic. "Oh so you think meeting minimum requirements of decency entitles you to a relationship" etc., etc.Heard it before, countless times.  I doubt Ska actually thinks this, regardless of his blind spots and lack of motivation.

I don't know if he thinks it either. It was me trying to state how his line translated in my head. My intent there was more matter of factly as opposed to condescending. Or, you were refering to the second sentence, right? Or the whole paragraph?

Volt said:
Xpendable said:

If you are in agreement with those videos then we are in agreement. I addressed that very thing in my comment to him. The fourth paragraph that i wrote.

The problem is that many people and probably Ska know they already didn't born with the capacity to reach that level of evil. A harmless person that realizes his good nature is not attractive becomes cynical and a worst realization is that that reality cannot be changed along the species is what makes them unable to accept there's a way of defeating that sentiment.

Volt said:
ardour said:
Volt said:

I don't know if he thinks it either. It was me trying to state how his line translated in my head. My intent there was more matter of factly as opposed to condescending. Or, you were refering to the second sentence, right? Or the whole paragraph?

The problem with that is it would make sense if barely any person was evil, but in today's world actual kindness should be rewarded. In such a materialistic and hedonistic society, this "bare minimum" it's actually quite admirable and it should be pointed out. Somehow we now get mad at a person for saying they are good, but forget to realize we reward the bad ones without even being asked.

Xpendable said:
Volt said:
Xpendable said:

The problem is that many people and probably Ska know they already didn't born with the capacity to reach that level of evil. A harmless person that realizes his good nature is not attractive becomes cynical and a worst realization is that that reality cannot be changed along the species is what makes them unable to accept there's a way of defeating that sentiment.

If i understand the first part correctly you are saying different people are capable of different magnitudes of evil? If so, then, i don't know.
To the second part, it seems to me that, would that realisation not bring out evil?

Volt said:
ardour said:
Volt said:

I should have been clearer. It was this part: "Essentially saying they deserve praise by virtue of not being evil"

I agree that it's difficult to take Ska's comments about "bad boys" and the opposite sex seriously, given that he's unemployed and isn't willing to take basic steps towards making himself more appealing, but that doesn't completely negate what he's pointing out either. A lot of women are into those personality traits in men, and not just the immature or emotionally damaged.

Volt said:
If i understand the first part correctly you are saying different people are capable of different magnitudes of evil? If so, then, i don't know.
To the second part, it seems to me that, would that realisation not bring out evil?

Firstly yes, but the level of evil cannot be created at will or in late age; much less artificially.

Secondly, cynism is not the same as evil. You die inside and become numb but real evil people can be the most charming and joyful guys out there. That's usually why are they so persuasive.

Xpendable said:
Volt said:

Secondly, cynism is not the same as evil. You die inside and become numb but real evil people can be the most charming and joyful guys out there.

True. Volt in equating positivity and self-belief with virtue.

ardour said:
I should have been clearer. It was this part: "Essentially saying they deserve praise by virtue of not being evil"

I agree that it's difficult to take Ska's comments about "bad boys" and the opposite sex seriously, given that he's unemployed and isn't willing to take basic steps towards making himself more appealing, but that doesn't completely negate what he's pointing out either. A lot of women are into those personality traits in men, and not just the immature or emotionally damaged.

I agree to a point, but i think there's alot more nuance to it. As in, you won't hear me say that women only want harmless guys. That wouldn't make sense on any level. On the other hand i'm not convinced that the "group" that's being targeted (is that a fair characterisation?) is as black and white as portrayed.

Xpendable said:
Volt said:

Firstly yes, but the level of evil cannot be created at will or in late age; much less artificially.

Secondly, cynism is not the same as evil. You die inside and become numb but real evil people can be the most charming and joyful guys out there. That's usually why are they so persuasive.

I never intended what i said to mean that cynicism is evil. I meant that some actions that could (may not, but could) lead from that mindset are evil.
I don't think evil can be artificially created at will either, but i think it can be brought up. As in, it never surfaced before, but was there, and now it is surfacing.
Considering you mention "real evil people", i don't know if there are some people who are more evil than others, i can't agree or disagree there. I feel like it's similar across the board, but i have no way of explaining or rationlising it, so, there's that. 

ardour said:
Xpendable said:
Volt said:

Secondly, cynism is not the same as evil. You die inside and become numb but real evil people can be the most charming and joyful guys out there. 

True. Volt in equating positivity and self-belief with virtue.

I think that's somewhat fair. However i'm certainly not a fan of blind optimism. I also don't think negativity is necessarily a flaw, but not taking responsibility is.

ardour said:
Richard_39 said:
DarkSelene said:
You sound too energetic, I'm already tired reading this. Hahaha

I'm just fooling around lol. Read about 2 posts above.
I think attentions run both ways. Ironically, I haven't experienced often. I dated a girl for 3 years, she made me supper ONCE. I cooked every night.
I never got why people figure it's okay to have such one sided relationships, or where many women got this notion to be pampered. My philosophy is pamper to BE pampered.

"The power in all relationships lies with whoever cares least" 

We are generally considered less attractive, less worthy of love.

LOL Screw power, I'm the one that dumped her ass! It wasn't a question of I was "less worthy" of love, it's a question she didn't take out of the relationship anything else than what SHE needed. I think it's a clear lack of education on her part, no one ever taught her a relationship is 50/50, like more than 50% of marriages in the US that end in divorce, this entire trouble would be avoided if people weren't so selfish.
It's what it all boils down to, selfishness.
I didn't dump her because I was selfish. I gave three years I shouldn't have had to a relationship that shouldn't have happened because I had the stupid idea that I could help her get better. I only understood latter it wasn't my job, primo and she didn't care, secundo.
Now she's lonely, unhappy with her life and miserable, because instead of learning she makes the same mistake over and over again.
That's the real problem with relationships. Yet people are still arrogant enough to believe it's something else.

Which is why I'd rather stay alone. Tired of systematically being disapointed.

Why are people so cynical, not everybody has a ulterior motive, what's wrong with passing the time of day with someone so long as you're not personal.

Volt said:
I never intended what i said to mean that cynicism is evil. I meant that some actions that could (may not, but could) lead from that mindset are evil.
I don't think evil can be artificially created at will either, but i think it can be brought up. As in, it never surfaced before, but was there, and now it is surfacing.
Considering you mention "real evil people", i don't know if there are some people who are more evil than others, i can't agree or disagree there. I feel like it's similar across the board, but i have no way of explaining or rationlising it, so, there's that.

Cynicism isn't evil. It's just a defense mechanism.
However, "Evil" and "Real Evil" people do indeed exist, as a socially defined concept. In some tribes currently still in existence, eating human flesh is a way to obtain power from the deceased, as such is an accepted practice, yet to us it clearly is Evil. SO Evil in today's society is actually a choice, usually one in which it defies the cultural or social norms. Pedophiles, murderers, thieves, etc. As for personality, those who will go to any lenghts to accumulate for themselves, even at the detriment of others. Sometimes specifically so.
SO yeah, REAL evil people exist. Seperate from Cynicism though.
In my case, the Cynicism hides how often the evil guy turned good turned something in between rationalises his lack of faith in humanity.

Richard_39 said:
Volt said:

However, "Evil" and "Real Evil" people do indeed exist, as a socially defined concept. In some tribes currently still in existence, eating human flesh is a way to obtain power from the deceased, as such is an accepted practice, yet to us it clearly is Evil. SO Evil in today's society is actually a choice, usually one in which it defies the cultural or social norms. Pedophiles, murderers, thieves, etc. As for personality, those who will go to any lenghts to accumulate for themselves, even at the detriment of others. Sometimes specifically so.
In my case, the Cynicism hides how often the evil guy turned good turned something in between rationalises his lack of faith in humanity.

I don't really have anything to add, i agree with what you're saying. Just wondering though, i did (try to) seperate cynicism and evil in my comment, but your reply made me think that i didn't do that clearly enough?

Volt said:
Richard_39 said:
Volt said:

I don't really have anything to add, i agree with what you're saying. Just wondering though, i did (try to) seperate cynicism and evil in my comment, but your reply made me think that i didn't do that clearly enough?

LOL You did, that's fine, but you saying you "I don't think evil can be artificially created at will either" and " i don't know if there are some people who are more evil than others, i can't agree or disagree there" wanted to make me comment that, first, yes it can and second, yes they do.
Understanding it is a time consuming process and you don't really know it until it stares right back at you, but there are monsters out there. There really are. And it doesn't happen because of nature, it happens because of choice, no matter what they convince themselves us. The real monsters don't ever wonder if they're monsters, they just are. Hope nobody ever gets to see it either, but evil is real and very present. Lots of people just don't want to know it. But when they actually SEE it, man, is it an eye-opener.
Hell, it usually brings on cynicism ;-)

Richard_39 said:
LOL You did, that's fine, but you saying you "I don't think evil can be artificially created at will either" and " i don't know if there are some people who are more evil than others, i can't agree or disagree there" wanted to make me comment that, first, yes it can and second, yes they do.
Understanding it is a time consuming process and you don't really know it until it stares right back at you, but there are monsters out there. There really are. And it doesn't happen because of nature, it happens because of choice, no matter what they convince themselves us. The real monsters don't ever wonder if they're monsters, they just are. Hope nobody ever gets to see it either, but evil is real and very present. Lots of people just don't want to know it. But when they actually SEE it, man, is it an eye-opener.
Hell, it usually brings on cynicism ;-)

Ah i get you, i think. I figured that we all have evil in us, which can surface due to circumstance. That's an oversimplification obviously but it'll do. But like i mentioned earlier i don't know much about the topic, just my experiences and my interpretation of them. I'm fully aware there are real monsters out there.  :p

Latest posts

Back