Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
I can't really understand the obsessive attitude some women seem to have with their boyfriends (usually high status/dominant guys, being honest, because that's my impression about it). I mean if that's how you are in a relationsip, fine, but I wouldn't consider some latent attraction to other women/men cheating unless it's acted upon.

Xpendable said:
All these beautiful people are lonely. I see. I think we all have been told a different story.

Could you guys rephrase these? Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

DarkSelene said:
Xpendable said:
All these beautiful people are lonely. I see. I think we all have been told a different story.

Could you guys rephrase these? Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

I  like to read you guys. That's all.

DarkSelene said:
I'm very insecure but not unreasonable, I wouldn't go crazy on anyone, just flip out by myself. The woman doesn't owe me any respect or consideration and if the male doesn't behave badly there's not much I can be pissed about except how he let himself get into that situation... Certainly they were in a private place and she thought somehow he'd appreciate that, so he did something I don't agree with. Still, I flip out by myself because of very unreasonable things that I'm fully aware are unreasonable but I can't control how I feel about it.

I wasn't really talking about a private situation, if it was a private situation the guy did probably allow himself to get into that, it was more of a total randomness/crazy person thing I personally ment, like you sometimes get people at the beach that after swimming decide it's best to dump the wet swimsuits and get some dry clothes on and decide to just do that right there on the beach for all to see.

MisterLonely said:
Well it's what I meant, I've never been in the situation where any woman would get naked to sway me...

No, I wasn't saying you lack discipline.
....but I do. If that happens and you're not into it, let me know, I'll call her back lol ;-)

Fellas, would you date someone who worked at a cafe/restaurant or similar job, with no plans, educational goals or anything like that?

ardour said:
Fellas, would you date somone who worked at a cafe/restaurant or similar job, with no plans, educational goals or anything like that?

Depends on a lot of things. Most likely no but not 100%.

For the right girl though I would.

ardour said:
Fellas, would you date somone who worked at a cafe/restaurant or similar job, with no plans, educational goals or anything like that?

I don't know.  On the one hand, if they have looks that I like and are interested in stuff I like and I feel like they have enough intellectual curiosity to keep things interesting, then maybe.  It's not like I find an abundance of that type of person.

But on the other hand, I don't know if I could date someone like that if I wanted to, because it would mean that I'd basically have to support them and I don't know if I'd ever be able to do that.

I think I might date someone like that if they made enough of a convincing case for me, but I would encourage them to do better than that, simply cause jobs like that are for high school and college kids.  It's no real way to live in any long-term capacity.

ardour said:

I would, I think there is no shame in working for a living,no matte the "status" or pay of that job, if we had enough in common, and liked each other, why not?

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

I don't know.  On the one hand, if they have looks that I like and are interested in stuff I like and I feel like they have enough intellectual curiosity to keep things interesting, then maybe.  It's not like I find an abundance of that type of person.

But on the other hand, I don't know if I could date someone like that if I wanted to, because it would mean that I'd basically have to support them and I don't know if I'd ever be able to do that.

I think I might date someone like that if they made enough of a convincing case for me, but I would encourage them to do better than that, simply cause jobs like that are for high school and college kids.  It's no real way to live in any long-term capacity.

What do you do for a living again?

kaetic said:

Nothing yet, but I have a bachelor's degree in business.

In the hypothetical dating scenario, I was thinking long-term. Could I date someone like that now or in the near future? I guess. But it could not stay like that long term. It's not even that I care all that much about them getting the prestige of a different job or thinking it looks bad. It's more because of inflation. Most jobs these days barely support one person, let alone two or more.

Definitely...who cares what she does for a living.If you're getting on well and you want to date go for it.Anyway I feel any lady no matter what she does if you really want them and it goes long term you should do your uttermost to keep them,put them on a pedestal.If she needs supporting then find extra work,but most women contribute to relationships anyway financially. Also are you sure she hasn't got aspirations to be a manager of said restaurant/cafe...she may just lack confidence .

TheSkaFish said:
kaetic said:

Nothing yet, but I have a bachelor's degree in business.

In the hypothetical dating scenario, I was thinking long-term.  Could I date someone like that now or in the near future?  I guess.  But it could not stay like that long term.  It's not even that I care all that much about them getting the prestige of a different job or thinking it looks bad.  It's more because of inflation.  Most jobs these days barely support one person, let alone two or more.

Ah, the dreaded after college job search. Everyone wants you to have experience as well. Good luck. I'm sure something will turn up soon. 

I can understand long-term... I might be more concerned about why they don't have any interest in the future. If they loved their job though, like joturbo suggested, and they were seeking advancement in that industry then I wouldn't think it would be as big of a deal.

Guys, what if she owed the cafe/restaurant? Would that make a difference? Still works there, technically.

VanillaCreme said:
Guys, what if she owed the cafe/restaurant? Would that make a difference? Still works there, technically.

That misses the point of the question. I wanted to get some idea about whether a lack of education or career status is a problem for men.

ardour said:
VanillaCreme said:

No

That misses the point of the question. I wanted to get some idea about whether a lack of education or career status is a problem for men.

No. to me status wouldn't be an issue. but you said "not any plans" so I said "No".  Having no plans means they have that secret plan .
An interesting question to me is, would a girl date me if I worked at a cafe and had no plans and education? Although, i personally don't believe in the ideology of "when a woman says no/yes it means no/yes" because i have seen tons of examples of the otherwise happening so that question is not worth discussing.

Latest posts

Back