Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
EveWasFramed said:
I have a question for the men....

What makes you want to spend time in a woman's company?

I am not a guy but I just wondered if it is similar to what I think would be for me, as a woman. The company of the other person makes you feel happy, maybe they're funny, or they really get you, or they can do things that make you smile, or they like talking or doing about things you like as well. I guess the list goes on amd on...maybe not all women share this but perhaps these are the basic things that make someone want to spend time with the other person (irregardless of gender maybe? - not sure what the men think.... although I think we know what Limlim's answer would be :p).

That sounds right to me, ladyforsaken. (I'm a man.) I want to spend time in someone's company if they make me feel good somehow, and this could be because of familiarity/shared experiences, or shared interests, or mutual attraction, or similar ambitions and problems that we can work through together. Hopefully a mixture of all the things :) There's also feeling good at a higher level, e.g. if I know that being around someone is ultimately good for me (because I admire them and want to learn from them/be like them) even if every encounter doesn't make me feel good, but it eventually will.

By the way I've skimmed a bit of this thread and have been pretty disappointed by the sexist stereotypes. E.g. men playing into the "men are stupid/childish and only care about sex" idea. I have to say loud and clear that that is not true.

Limlim said:
Oh... I was actually just talking about boobs. See I swapped personality in there into a sentence where it was somewhat implied as "set of" personality doesn't really make grammatical sense.

Lol of course. Knew it. :p

My question is, do you like a strong headed woman or a woman who somewhat depends on you?

I like people who can take care of themselves, and who are independently useful. The best is when they invite me to teach them something, or be involved in one of their plans, or make them part of one of mine: it's a sign of trust and appreciation. I think there are two kinds of "depending on" someone - one where you would fall apart without them, and one where you choose to involve them, and take a risk, but could recover if it turns out you underestimated them. I like the second kind.

that's a 50/50 I would say. depends who you ask?
I tend to like a strong minded girl that could potentially kick my ass in whatever we are doing.
and i'm not afraid to say that my wife makes more money than I do =)
but I also have a friend that thinks the opposite and kinda cherishes the old standard of a house-wife that is dependent on him. he didn't even want his wife to work for many years.

Limlim said:
Oh... I was actually just talking about boobs. See I swapped personality in there into a sentence where it was somewhat implied as "set of" personality doesn't really make grammatical sense.

How did i overlook that? now i feel silly.

BrokenInside said:
My question is, do you like a strong headed woman or a woman who somewhat depends on you?

What I wouldn't want is someone who would just agree with me just to please me. But what I'd probably like even less than that is someone who has to constantly turn the relationship into a power struggle of some sort. Arrogance is probably the trait I find least attractive in a woman. So I think there is a happy medium worth seeking, that is someone who's smart and can always contribute a worthwhile point of view without being pigheaded.

EveWasFramed said:

Interesting conversation, interested in what I have to say, funny, attractive, not bitter, doesn't complain much, doesn't swear, likes football. (I don't want much :))

Naleena said:
OK, so I'm not a man but, sometimes I would like to know what you guys think :) Soooo here is the thread to do it in.

Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:

Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

Most guys have the first step planned out and nothing more. Guys will go into a conversation with just the opening line expecting to be rejected. When a girl replies without a drink in the face reaction or a slap to the face, the guys are left blank. If you look inside the mind of a guy, you will find a team of nerds running around a dusty library searching frantically for a follow up.

Lol That's just not true. Maybe most of the guys you've met have been like that. I on the other hand know too many guys who have too much to say to women.

EveWasFramed said:

Besides the possibility of sex, I enjoy the gentle touch that a women can bring and the power of bringing another perspective to a situation that I may have overlooked.

A women who is intelligent and powerful is more appealing than one who can barely add and subtract single digit numbers and cannot have a long conversation without using the word "like" or "you know".

Step away from the television and read a book.

LOL! That is a pretty funny analogy and is very true about some guys. Then there are some who would work out a whole conversation in their head and the moment they say hello they go dumb. Then those nerds in their head are yelling "SAY SOMETHING YOU IDIOT" but neither one of them can come up with a decent suggestion.

EveWasFramed said:

When they listen to me. And this isn't specific to women.

Most people converse with one another as if they're reading from a script -- They have prearranged topics, phrases, etc which they blurt out, expecting specific responses... and most people will give those responses. So few people actually listen and respond to one another organically/fluidly...

...or perhaps that's just how I see it.

At any rate, I tend to spend more time around women who can actually listen and participate in a conversation.

And that's aside from sex. Of course. :cool:

murmi97 said:
I'd like to know if any younger men like, or even better, prefer small breasts. I've only heard men in their forties or above even mention them, and it's very disheartening.
Breasts of any size are fine for me, though preferably they're symmetrical. I prefer small breasts generally, because I love waifs (see "Twiggy", famous model of yesteryear).

BrokenInside said:
I don't care, but either way I'll act the same: irresponsible.

Boring-Weirdo said:
murmi97 said:
I'd like to know if any younger men like, or even better, prefer small breasts. I've only heard men in their forties or above even mention them, and it's very disheartening.
Breasts of any size are fine for me, though preferably they're symmetrical.

Like she can help it if her breasts aren't symmetrical.

Latest posts

Back