Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Why are men so embarrassed of tampons?  If you buy them, it's a pretty fair chance everyone will know that you aren't getting them for yourself.

Not a problem... I grew up with a mom and 2 sisters, got send to the store for tampons or pads plenty of times, never thought about it and never will.

Forgive me for not having read the entire thread. It's too bloody long.

Now, men and tampons...

I have some experience here. This might be TMI for some of you, so feel free to scroll down to the next paragraph. I am weird. Not only do I not have a belly button, but I have actually used feminine hygeine products. Yes, on myself. Allow me to explain. I had what is known as a pilonidal sinus. This is basically ingrown hairs that cause an open, weeping sore. Barbers get them between their fingers. Soldiers riding jeeps get them in their arse crack. Being all class, I got the arse crack one. An inch or two north of anus ground zero. It took surgery to properly fix it. In the interim, I was leaking pus into my underwear. So bingo! Up the feminine hygeine aisle in the supermarket, and I got myself some pads. Worked a treat. It gave me a new respect for women, and I've never had any subsequent problems buying the thing for girlfriends. No different to buying a loaf of bread or a carton of milk. The minimum wage person at the checkout DOES NOT CARE.

Now, on the other hand, there ARE some issues.

Women and men are different, and the modern trend towards unisex toilets is a poor one, IMHO. There are what the Australian Aboriginal folk nicely call "women's business" and "men's business". In a unisex toilet, as a man, I will see that little trash can thing for used tampons. It is designed that it is sealed. But the smell... yes, the smell.. gets out. It is not a strong smell, but it squicks men out. Similarly, women talk of a "tomcat smell" when men have used a toilet. It freaks them out too.

I'm old fashioned. I like a little modesty. I like and appreciate the differences between the genders.

M_also_lonely said:
Because they remind of something disgusting.

lol I don't have an issue any more buying them, but I don't want to watch as they are inserted, removed, or see them in the trash. I know, "it's completely natural", but that's one thing I have a problem with. I've dealt with serious cuts, bleeding all over and never had an issue with it. I don't know why that one thing bothers me so much. shrugs. It just does.

Drew said:
M_also_lonely said:

lol I don't have an issue any more buying them, but I don't want to watch as they are inserted, removed, or see them in the trash. I know, "it's completely natural", but that's one thing I have a problem with. I've dealt with serious cuts, bleeding all over and never had an issue with it. I don't know why that one thing bothers me so much. shrugs. It just does.

Because we bleed for a week and don't die?  lol

Try placing tampons.
See, I was an assistant manager at a big drugstore for five years. I grew up with a mother and a sister, but was always thankfully spared this aspect of female life. Now here I am, a young man of about 25 at the peak of his form and life, placing literally HUNDREDS of different brands of tampons and pad in a section, most of which I recognize only because of the UPC code because there's so **** many, until this sweet, charming 20 year old walks up to me and says "excuse me sir, but I'd like to buy Pads, I'm looking for the Maxi with Super absorption level with wings and extra long, please. Oh, and what's the difference between the Super long extra-absorption and the Extra long with super-absorption and is it the same with the Personelle brand?"

.....I don't know how you girls can figure this mess out. If I'd have been a woman, I'd have probably opened my veins over this ;-)
The embarassing part isn't buying them. It's the figuring what it all means part ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Try placing tampons.
See, I was an assistant manager at a big drugstore for five years. I grew up with a mother and a sister, but was always thankfully spared this aspect of female life. Now here I am, a young man of about 25 at the peak of his form and life, placing literally HUNDREDS of different brands of tampons and pad in a section, most of which I recognize only because of the UPC code because there's so **** many, until this sweet, charming 20 year old walks up to me and says "excuse me sir, but I'd like to buy Pads, I'm looking for the Maxi with Super absorption level with wings and extra long, please. Oh, and what's the difference between the Super long extra-absorption and the Extra long with super-absorption and is it the same with the Personelle brand?"

.....I don't know how you girls can figure this mess out. If I'd have been a woman, I'd have probably opened my veins over this ;-)
The embarassing part isn't buying them. It's the figuring what it all means part ;-)

It means you shouldn't have eaten the ******* apple.

kamya said:
Richard_39 said:
Try placing tampons.

It means you shouldn't have eaten the ******* apple.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

TheRealCallie said:
Drew said:
M_also_lonely said:

Because we bleed for a week and don't die?  lol

"see them in the trash" 

rofl lmao'd gg. That would be a dealbreaker for me. If my SO had a problem with pads/tampons, I would wibblywob quickly out of there.

Okay men, since this seems to be an ENORMOUS factor in dating, I'm curious about how all this works.

How many people do you need to have sex with to lose the "loser" label? How many times do you need to have sex to lose the "loser" label? Does only having sex with a prostitute get rid of the "loser" label?

Again, to reiterate my opinions on the matter, I don't really care if a man is a virgin or not, regardless of age. However, I would much prefer a virgin over someone who has had a honeysuckle ton of sexual partners. You are NOT a loser if you are still a virgin.

I have had six sexual partners. I would prefer to have had only one. Some have had more than me, and some less. But one would be fine by me. I'm not into point scoring.

I personally wholeheartedly agree, I've never seen a connection. I think being a prick is all you need to get tagged with a loser label and that has nothing to do with sex. But I'll let other men reply to this emotionally charged question ;-)

I mean, truth be told, I am a jealous guy and don't like the idea of my partner having been with other men. So if I'm going to entertain that notion, then I must be fair and balanced about it. I should apply the same rules to myself. Only fair.

Richard_39 said:
I personally wholeheartedly agree, I've never seen a connection. I think being a prick is all you need to get tagged with a loser label and that has nothing to do with sex. But I'll let other men reply to this emotionally charged question ;-)

This is what I believe too.

I know a lady in her thirties. She is with her childhood sweetheart. The only sexual partner for both of them. They're not religious freaks or anything. It just worked out for them. I count them as winners, not losers.

TheLoadedDog said:
I know a lady in her thirties.  She is with her childhood sweetheart.  The only sexual partner for both of them.  They're not religious freaks or anything.  It just worked out for them.  I count them as winners, not losers.

Yup. I agree with that. That was my own personal goal and it didn't work out.
Ironically enough, because I'm still single and the above didn't happen, I do consider myself "the loser" on some depressive days.

I think it's a matter of personal perspective more than anything else.

Latest posts

Back