Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limlim said:
A rape alarm? That sounds kinda cool, I want one.

I'd set the device beside my desk at work and people would be like "hey whats that?" and I'd be like "oh that? Nothing really, just my rape alarm"

My friends and I used to shoplift them when we were kids. You can get various assortments of them but the ones we had were either something which looked like this:

pstrident.jpg

or a kind of walkman lookalike that you tied to your wrist, and if the cord was pulled out it would make an extremely loud alarm noise, hurting everyone's ears, making everyone look... great for scaring off rapists/muggers, and for naughty kids to annoy people with.

The "targets" thing reminds me of a friend that loves making homemade videos of himself and girls and then showing them around. Of course he doesn't refer to them that way :) He also keeps panties and stuff.

But he's got a great attitude, is in shape and he's very attractive for a guy, so it's alright :) Dignity is a small price to pay for hot sex, especially if you start with little of that.

My friend is arrogant, doesn't work out, and thinks that he's a "ladies man". I keep trying to tell him hat if he keeps up with that attitude... he'll be flat-out rejected. However, he still plans on going ahead on asking out his "targets".

Ak5 said:
My friend is arrogant, doesn't work out, and thinks that he's a "ladies man". I keep trying to tell him hat if he keeps up with that attitude... he'll be flat-out rejected. However, he still plans on going ahead on asking out his "targets".

Is he charming? That could get him some.

He's boisterous and immature. He brags on about "almost" getting laid, and about smoking pot (he hasn't even tried it).

He's not the romantic type, if that's what you mean by charming. :club:

why do you only look at guys like me when you are desperate (likely with child), depressed, or aren't intelligent? Also why do u always try to do better when you have something good?

Do you easily develop romantic feelings for a completely platonic male friend after spending a lot of time around him? Or does the thought of dating him never take hold in your mind? I've always wondered why females seem to have an easier time maintaining friendships with the opposite sex. From my observation it usually involves a significant amount of self control for a guy to do the same.

For example, I'll often start out not wanting anything more than friendship but after a while I'll inevitably start thinking "well, she's interesting and kind of attractive"... and of course by then there's no chance of her being interested back, and I have to force myself to stop seeing her in that way or risk poisoning our relationship.

Personally I think it would be nice to not get bogged down in such thoughts when acting on them would just complicate everything to hell. To a guy who's experienced the friend zone repeatedly, it almost feels like a superpower that's exclusive to females lol.

Hey Revengineer,

Are you asking women if we know how or when our romantic feelings develop? and/or wanting reason for why women are friends with men if there are no romantic feelings?

Sorry if my original question was a bit vague. I'll rephrase: do you often develop an attraction for a male friend after getting to know him on a certain level? Or do you usually find it more natural to keep things at a "just friends" state? I understand there are many good reasons to maintain a friendship without romance, but I hear that women have an easier time separating romance and friendship than men do. Perhaps the reality is more complicated, but I can't help wondering if there's some truth to it.

I'll only speak for myself. I don't know about other women:

Revengineer said:
Do you often develop an attraction for a male friend after getting to know him on a certain level?

Never. I've had male friends and I've always found them utterly Unattractive, haha.

Revengineer said:
Or do you usually find it more natural to keep things at a "just friends" state?

Absolutely.

Revengineer said:
but I hear that women have an easier time separating romance and friendship than men do. Perhaps the reality is more complicated, but I can't help wondering if there's some truth to it.

That's completely relative. Some women are not able to do that, because they're highly emotional.

I hope this was of use.

I am an manly manz *starts chainsaw*

I love having female friends that I don't want to fresia. It's great. It's not that I don't find them attractive, so in theory I would sleep with them, but in practice, no, because I really do love the friendship I have with them. Not to say you can't have friendship with someone you've done that with, but heh it's just nice to have friends of the opposite sex.

I want more female friends, hard to explain, maybe because as an adult I've not had many apart from GF's / wife, maybe because of a recent change in my thinking, I just feel closer to women than men at the moment.

Not sure if that makes sense. Might do to a couple of people.

<don't know what to add, how to explain - just gonna hit post, sorry>

(Posted elswhere in response to something, but just curious)

Do women like wearing high heels?

It seems a bit mean/sexist in a way, I know it makes you look taller, (sexier to men, do you feel sexier?), but doesn't look comfy or safe.

Edward W said:
I want more female friends, hard to explain, maybe because as an adult I've not had many apart from GF's / wife, maybe because of a recent change in my thinking, I just feel closer to women than men at the moment.

Not sure if that makes sense. Might do to a couple of people.

<don't know what to add, how to explain - just gonna hit post, sorry>

That does make sense. I'm the same way actually. I've always related better to females and find it much easier to talk to them. As a whole they seem more open-minded and sympathetic. With other guys I sometimes get the sense that they're trying to establish themselves over me and that makes me nervous.

So yeah, gals are cool. Actually getting one of them to date me is a whole other issue though. :p

Edward W said:

It seems a bit mean/sexist in a way, I know it makes you look taller, (sexier to men, do you feel sexier?), but doesn't look comfy or safe.

Wearing heels would be a conditioning practice for me. They have an appeal, but I assume that some people can walk safely in them even though I can not :D

Edward W said:

I replied to you in the other thread lol. Anyway, here's what I said.

Although sometimes it's painful, it gives me a good feeling wearing it. Like what annik said, flats aren't really favourable because they're not that comfortable. But I still love flats lol. I think for most people's feet, we need a little bit of elevation because of the curve we have on the base of our feet.

Oh and of course there are heels that are pretty comfortable too. Just gotta find the right pair. :)

Latest posts

Back